S23/Sentai Filmworks/Switchblade Pictures/Maiden Japan , etc PR, News, And Announcements - 2012/2014

Just got my Sentai newsletter and, as per usual, TAN has completely “ninja’d” everything in it (Well, I didn’t know that DMC was a Sentai “office favorite”. That’s good to know). It’s fun to see it hype up the “pending” September releases when I’ve already seen em :slight_smile:

Hmm. I can’t really play that guessing game as I haven’t paid much attention to the unlicensed shows.

[quote=“celestial_being”]
Hmm. I can’t really play that guessing game as I haven’t paid much attention to the unlicensed shows.[/quote]

If I had to take a guess, it would be Love Stage!!, since it’s a BL Kadokawa title.

Sentai Filmworks on Tumblr

Q. So if Love Stage has not been confirmed by now, can I go ahead and assume it will not be part of the summer 2015 sentai releases?

A. Just got word that I can now announce TWO more shows from the Summer season that have been stuck in a bit of a loop around the world. So Summer release announces aren’t done yet! :slight_smile:

Per PR:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

[size=16]Sentai Filmworks Licenses “Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei!”[/size]

HOUSTON, September 9, 2014 – The Fate universe will once again “kaleid” with an extra dose of magical girl misadventures in Sentai Filmworks’ latest acquisition, Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei! This magical girl action series is directed by Shin Oonuma (Dusk maiden of Amnesia, ef: a tale of memories) with art direction by Ken Tateishi (Sasami-san@Ganbaranai, Kotoura-san), sound direction by Masanori Tsuchiya (Brynhildr in the Darkness, Five Numbers!) and animation production by SILVER LINK (WATAMOTE, Penguindrum).

The magical girls are back, and ready for another round of adventure! After successfully recovering the Class Cards, eighth graders-turned magical girls Illya and Miyu think they can finally take it easy. But as fate would have it, the girls are once again called back into active duty when they find out that the Cards have left some very nasty side effects on their world. However, their seemingly easy mission goes totally awry with the appearance of a dark stranger who looks just like Illya! Who is this new but familiar face, where did she come from, and what does she want from Illya? With the arrival of this new foe, it seems like Illya’s finally met her match when her everyday life takes one dark turn!

Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei! will be available soon through select digital outlets with a home video release to follow.

About Sentai Filmworks
Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like Persona 4, Girls und Panzer, Devil Survivor 2, Bodacious Space Pirates, Majestic Prince and High School of the Dead as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies, K-ON! and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs are distributed through Super D, Diamond Comic Distributors, Section23Films and Waxworks through retailers Amazon, Best Buy, Fry’s, FYE, Hastings, Suncoast, The Right Stuf, Wal-Mart and other good and fine stores. Digital product offerings may be found at Amazon, Anime Network, Crunchyroll, Google Play, Hulu, iTunes, Netflix, PlayStation Network, Rovi, Samsung, Vudu, XBOX Marketplace and YouTube.

Well that was a given for the 1st one. The second is either Love Stage! Or Baby Steps

I’m pretty sure Baby Steps isn’t considered a “Summer season” title.

Per PR

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

[size=16]Sentai Filmworks Licenses “Love Stage!!”[/size]

HOUSTON, September 12, 2014 – All the world’s a stage, and for two boys the spotlight will shine brightly upon their stars in Sentai Filmworks’ latest acquisition, Love Stage!! This romantic comedy series is directed by Kenichi Kasai (Honey and Clover) with series composition by Michiko Yokote (Kobato, Princess Tutu), art direction by Hirotsugu Kakoi (Hatsukoi Limited, Kyousogiga) and animation production by J.C. Staff (Dream Eater Merry, The Familiar of Zero).

Daydreamer Izumi Sena is the black sheep of his family. With a model for a mother, a singer for a father, and a brother who fronts one of the most popular bands around, you’d think Izumi would be destined for stardom. Despite being born into a family of stars, Izumi has no desire to be in the spotlight, and his only dream is to become a world-class manga artist. But in an unexpected turn of events, Izumi finds himself not only pulled onto the set of a commercial, but forced to dress as a girl! In case the situation wasn’t awkward enough, Izumi stumbles into his costar, the handsome Ryoma Ichijo, and it’s love at first sight. Or, at least it is for Ryoma, who is so convinced by Izumi’s costume, that when the shoot is over, he makes it his life mission to track down the “actress” that sets his heart aflutter. But when Ryoma discovers Izumi’s secret, will it be sparks that fly or fists? And will Izumi be able to avoid his destiny as a superstar, or will he be sucked into the same fame-filled life as the rest of his family?

Love Stage!! will be available soon through select digital outlets with a home video release to follow.

About Sentai Filmworks
Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, producing hit series like Persona 4, Girls und Panzer, Devil Survivor 2, Bodacious Space Pirates, Majestic Prince and High School of the Dead as well as high profile theatrical films such as Grave of the Fireflies, K-ON! and Appleseed. Sentai Filmworks’ programs are distributed through Super D, Diamond Comic Distributors, Section23Films and Waxworks through retailers Amazon, Best Buy, Fry’s, FYE, Hastings, Suncoast, The Right Stuf, Wal-Mart and other good and fine stores. Digital product offerings may be found at Amazon, Anime Network, Crunchyroll, Google Play, Hulu, iTunes, Netflix, PlayStation Network, Rovi, Samsung, Vudu, XBOX Marketplace and YouTube.

Sentai Filmworks on Tumblr

Q. Out of curiosity, why would you choose to not release both versions at the same time?

A. I’m assuming you mean a Blu-ray and DVD version of a show. In this case, sometimes there are what we call in the industry “hold back periods” when for some reason or another the licensor of a show wants us to hold back the release of a blu-ray version for a certain time (which can vary case by case).

If there is a hold back period, then we will wait until it expires to put out the Blu-ray. The DVD, however, is free from this restriction, and we would not want to keep those fans who buy the DVD versions waiting, so we go ahead and release the DVD version ahead of the Blu-ray release.

Hope this answered your question![/quote]

This topic is now pinned. It will appear at the top of its category until it is unpinned by staff for everyone, or by individual users for themselves.

Interesting that Maid Sama is being rereleased as an ominbus: Maria Holic was not. Not that I’m complaining about this omnibus.
Speaking of it, I watched ep 1 of it and wouldn’t mind seeing ep 2. That concerns me lol.

Dog & Scissors features a male character in a wonky s&m situation. What are the odds that Blake Shepard will play Harumi? :wink:

BTW, when is this info dump making it to the Sentai Newsletter?

[quote=“celestial_being, post:347, topic:6496”]
BTW, when is this info dump making it to the Sentai Newsletter?[/quote]
The September newsletters went out on August 28 & August 29.
I would think the October newsletters are coming soon.
@celestial_being