Sentai Filmworks announces High School of the Dead, AN Simulcast News

So, I’ve been mulling this over since the announcement, and I’ve come to this conclusion:

As much as I love ADV dubs and enjoy Neo-ADV dubs (and know the logical safe answer is to dub in-house)… I’d love to see this dub go to Ocean! Madhouse & Ocean just seems to fit so right together.

Of course, I’m a bit biased on that, but really, out of all the Madhouse series I’ve seen dubbed, both by others and by Ocean, the Ocean dubs just seem to shine a bit more than the others.

[size=16]3 more hours until ‘Highschool of the Dead’ simulcast![/size]

[size=16]Less than 1 hour left until ‘Highschool of the Dead’ simulcast![/size]

The anticipation is killing me! Now I have a strange craving for human flesh… Yum! Human Flesh!

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/High-School-of-the-Dead/Watch][/url] [b]'Highschool of the Dead' simulcast is NOW LIVE![/b]

[quote=Slowhand]
‘Highschool of the Dead’ simulcast is NOW LIVE![/quote]

Is “Now Live” the best way to word that? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=dragonrider_cody]

[quote=Slowhand]

‘Highschool of the Dead’ simulcast is UNDEAD NOW![/quote]

Is “Now Live” the best way to word that? :P[/quote]

“Fixed”

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=dragonrider_cody]

[quote=Slowhand]

‘Highschool of the Dead’ simulcast is UNDEAD NOW![/quote]

Is “Now Live” the best way to word that? :P[/quote]

“Fixed”[/quote]

Much better!

Sentai Filmworks license’s the 20-minute OVA [B]Highschool of the Dead - Drifters of the Dead[/B] for Streaming

[URL=“http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-09-29/sentai-filmworks-adds-highschool-of-the-dead-video-anime-streams”]Via Ann[/URL]

[QUOTE]North American anime licensing company Sentai Filmworks revealed at its Anime Weekend Atlanta panel on Friday that it has acquired the Highschool of the Dead - Drifters of the Dead original video anime for streaming. The anime will be available soon through select digital outlets with an English dub.[/QUOTE]

This might spur me on to finish the series. I’m still around ep 4 or 5, I put it on the metaphorical back burner and forgot about it with all the other anime greatness coming out. Netflix keeps reminding me but my queue is…well, y’all know what I mean, right?

Nice to see the extras being dubbed. If only that regularly happened across the industry so that it wouldn’t be exceptional when it did. Few things are as brutal as an anime fan as being forced to switch languages abruptly in a series (I still haven’t gotten over Patlabor lol).

It’s a fanservice side story, it doesn’t progress the S1 plot one iota.
For all intents and purposes, it’s pretty useless.
Though if that goads you into finishing the actual series, then I guess it’s a “good” thing.

Oh, it’s not the content of this OVA that stands to inspire me to finish the series, it is the announcement of it that has reminded me that the show exists and that I still haven’t finished it. Any announcement about the show could have the same potential.

Also, HSotD had a plot?