Stella Women's Academy, High School Division Class C³ / Tokurei Sochi Dantai Stella Jo-Gakuin Kōtō-ka C3-Bu

Stella Women’s Academy, High School Division Class C³ / Tokurei Sochi Dantai Stella Jo-Gakuin Kōtō-ka C3-Bu

Genres: action, slice of life
Themes: fanservice, girls with guns, school life, survival game
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2013-07-04

Plot Summary: (PR) When Yura Yamato arrives at Stella Girl’s Academy, she knows there’s something a little different about her dorm mates. But it’s not until her new roommate Sonora invites her to join a club called C3 that it all becomes clear. Because C3 stands for Command, Control and Communications, and NOW Yura understands why all of the other girls have model guns! It’s a survivalist club, and what her new friends like to do is shoot each other! It’s not exactly your typical teenage girl pastime, but Sonora and her friends Karira and Honoka are seriously into it. So faster than you can say “Bang, bang, you’re dead,” Yura and fellow new recruits Rento and Yachiyo are drafted into the ranks of the Caliber Centric Crowd! But the loaded question that puts Yura in the crosshairs of a dilemma is whether she has what it takes to stand and deliver in the face of oncoming friendly fire. Will her hopes of fitting in be shot down or will she hit the target she’s aiming for? Scope out the insanity as Yura pulls the trigger and throws everyone’s battle plans into total disarray in Stella Women’s Academy, High School Division Class C3!

Stella Women’s Academy, High School Division Class C³ info on ANN

Stella Women’s Academy, High School Division Class C³ Official Homepage

Sentai Filmworks Press Release

Schoolgirl Survival Game Manga C3-Bu Gets TV Anime

posted on 2012-12-31 16:40 EST
Ikoma, Tomomoka Midori’s Tokurei Sochi Dantai Stella Jo-Gakuin Kōtō-ka C3-Bu manga shorts

Schoolgirl Survival Game Anime C3-Bu Slated for Summer

posted on 2013-03-11 22:41 EDT

Schoolgirl Survival Game Anime C3’s 1st Promo Streamed

posted on 2013-03-13 11:20 EDT
Ikoma, Tomomoka Midori’s Stella Jo-Gakuin Kōtō-ka C3-Bu debuts this summer

With Sentai picking up Upotte!! coupled with this being a TBS series, I expect this will almost assuredly be picked up by Sentai for the Summer season.

Gainax Makes Schoolgirl Survival Game Anime C3-Bu

posted on 2013-04-12 11:30 EDT

Yui Makino, Miyuki Sawashiro Star in Schoolgirl Survival Game Anime C3-Bu

*posted on 2013-05-06 10:10 EDT *
Ai Kayano, Chiwa Saito, Rima Nishizaki, Madoka Yonezawa also star

“C3” Anime Color Character Designs and Latest Visual

June 11, 2013 7:01pm CDT
Gainax’s latest scheduled for this summer

The art looks better than I was expecting. I’m somewhat surprised. I doubt that I’ll enjoy the show as Gainax and I don’t see eye-to-eye on, well, almost everything but the art is much more detailed than I expected from them in this day and age. It’s no EVA but it looks like PS&G didn’t lead to them forgetting how to draw lol.

Though this reminds me of why Titan must become insanely popular as, now that I’ve seen detailed art in a modern show, detailed art that makes the whole “moe” thing almost palatable, I cannot go back. Every show must have this, or be pretty darn exceptional in some other area to compensate.

That said, this does have guns in the picture so there’s that. As Pickles the Drummer said, “Guns are cool!”

C3-bu TV Anime’s Ad Previews Anna Yano’s Theme Song

posted on 2013-06-27 15:45 EDT
GAINAX’s schoolgirl survival game series to premiere on July 4

Crunchyroll to Stream C3-bu Schoolgirl Survival TV Anime

posted on 2013-07-02 15:02 EDT
GAINAX’s adaptation of Ikoma, Tomomoka Midori’s manga to premiere on July 4

Eps. 01 & 02

This definitely looks like it’ll be a fun little romp.
Gainax really did a good job on making the action exciting with this.

Ep. 03

Well that was quick.
Third episode and we already have a airsoft tourny.

Sonora was rather harsh on Yura about just giving up rather than fighting until the end.
Though I kinda understand and agree with what she said, it was still rather harsh.

COMING TO ANIME NETWORK IN AUGUST!

Watch Stella Women’s Academy, High School Division Class C³ on Anime Network Online

STARTING August 8th @ 6:30 PM EST / 3:30 PM PST

Ep. 04

Alright, what’s up with that whole warping reality thing that just popped up out of nowhere?Up to this point, they made it seem like it was just all in Yura’s head.

I wonder if Sentai will get the K-On cast to dub this, since it is K-On (plagiarism alert?). Though Jessica Boone could make for an excellent “in-house” actress for this show’s Mugi ripoff IMO.

Ep. 05

Interesting…

So we jump right back into the survival games without even a second glance at what weird stuff that happened last episode.
Yura is starting to change and by the looks on Sonora’s face, it’s starting to bug her for some reason.

Episode 01 is now LIVE!

Episode 02 is now LIVE!

Episode 03 is now LIVE!

Episode 04 is now LIVE!

Sentai needs to dub this ASAP as, IMHO, “Mugi” is truly “unlisenable” in Japanese…which is surprising as the original Mugi, the Japanese one, was “listenable”.

Airsoft K-On…that about sums this show up, doesn’t it?