AN Forums

Tamako Market

OMG! I think I might have called it! As for how they ended this episode

spoiler

Prince comes up with the missing medal, everyone is all like “OMG! The Prince!” And Tamako is clearly more concerned about her medal completely ignoring who is holding it. Yea, she seems to not be interested in love at all (at least for now)

HD stream seems to have an error, so it’s not up yet.

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Tamako-Market/This-Year-Too-Has-Come-to-a-Close/Watch][/url] [b]Episode 12 is now LIVE! (END)[/b]

[quote=“TheCoffeeGod”]HD stream seems to have an error, so it’s not up yet.

Episode 12 is now LIVE! (End)[/quote]
HD stream is now available.

I’m not sure how to feel about this ending.

[size=16]Kyoto Animation Streams Tamako Market Character Song Promo Video[/size]
posted on 2013-04-22 17:30 EDT
Video for song featuring 6 voice actresses available until end of April

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-27/tamako-market-occhoko-choi-chan-bonus-anime-promo-streamed
[size=20]Tamako Market’s ‘Occhoko Choi-chan’ Bonus Anime Promo Streamed[/size]
posted on 2013-05-27 13:29 EDT

4th, 5th volumes of anime’s home video release to include bonus video extras focusing on Choi

Kyoto Animation began streaming a promotional video on Sunday for the bonus pettanko anime titled “Occhyoko Choi-chan” that will be bundled with the fourth Blu-ray Disc and DVD release of the Tamako Market television anime series. The preview video below features Choi talking to the prince and going to a bath.

[video is now marked as private]

The Blu-ray Disc and DVD will ship with episodes 7 and 8 on June 19. The Blu-ray Disc will retail for 7,140 yen (about US$71), and the DVD will retail for 6,300 yen (US$62). The fourth volume is bundling the first “Occhyoko Choi-chan” episode, and the fifth volume will bundle a second episode on July 17.

Other extras on the fourth volume are as follows:

Video Extras
• Pettanko anime “Occhyoko Choi-chan” episode 1
• Production location report “Director Yamada’s, ~Takeda-iro ni Someraretai~”
• Web preview videos

Audio Extras
• Mochi-Mochi radio drama #7-8
• Cast commentaries
• Staff commentaries

Other Extra
• Japanese subtitles

First-Pressing Extras
• Episode 2 and 12’s insert song “O.S.T Girl Next Door (Zizzania)” by Franco Casa and Paul Bennett (first CD release of the song)
• 24-page, full-color special booklet
• Special postcard with exclusive Yukiko Horiguchi illustration
• Special sleeve/Digipak packaging

The first three volumes of the anime’s release included the “Dera’s Bar” bonus anime.

The 12-episode series premiered in Japan in January. Sentai Filmworks licensed the anime for North America and The Anime Network streamed the series as it aired.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-06-20/tamako-market-2nd-occhoko-choi-chan-bonus-anime-promo-streamed
[size=20]Tamako Market’s 2nd ‘Occhoko Choi-chan’ Bonus Anime Promo Streamed[/size]
posted on 2013-06-20 07:51 EDT

5th volume of anime’s home video release to include bonus video extra focusing on Choi

Kyoto Animation began streaming a promotional video on Sunday for the second bonus pettanko anime titled “Occhyoko Choi-chan” that will be bundled with the fifth Blu-ray Disc and DVD release of the Tamako Market television anime series.

The preview video below features Choi having a pajama party with Tamako and her friends. When Tamako explains that the point of a pajama party is to talk until they all fall asleep, Midori immediately bans the topics of mochi and carpentry, much to Tamako and Kanna’s chagrin. Choi, however, is allowed to tell fortunes with her instinct, since Dera is not present to help her predict the future.

[video is now marked as private]

The Blu-ray Disc and DVD will ship with episodes 7 and 8 on July 17. The Blu-ray Disc will retail for 7,140 yen (about US$71), and the DVD will retail for 6,300 yen (US$62).

Other extras on the fourth volume are as follows:

Video Extras
• Pettanko anime “Occhyoko Choi-chan” episode 2
• Production location report “Director Yamada’s, ~Satsuei Genba o Satsuei Shitai~”
• Mochi-Mochi radio drama video digest
• Web preview videos

Audio Extras
• Mochi-Mochi radio drama #9-10
• Cast commentaries
• Staff commentaries

Other Extra
• Japanese subtitles

First-Pressing Extras
• Episode 9’s insert song “Koi no Uta” (Song of Love) by Dynamite Beans (first CD release of the song)
• 24-page, full-color special booklet

The first three volumes of the anime’s release included the “Dera’s Bar” bonus anime.

The 12-episode series premiered in Japan in January. Sentai Filmworks licensed the anime for North America and The Anime Network streamed the series as it aired.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-18/tamako-market-3rd-occhoko-choi-chan-bonus-anime-promo-streamed
[size=20]Tamako Market’s 3rd ‘Occhoko Choi-chan’ Bonus Anime Promo Streamed[/size]
posted on 2013-07-18 14:00 EDT

Animated short to be bundled with 6th DVD/Blu-ray release in Japan

Kyoto Animation began streaming a promotional video on Wednesday for the third bonus pettanko anime titled “Occhyoko Choi-chan” that will be bundled with the sixth Blu-ray Disc and DVD release of the Tamako Market television anime series.

The clip features Choi, Anko, and Shiori. While her older sister Tamako is out, Anko asks Tamako’s friend Shiori how one should convey one’s feelings to the person they like “because a friend would like to know.” Choi recommends she try sneezing.

The Blu-ray Disc and DVD will ship with episodes 11 and 12 on August 21. The Blu-ray Disc will retail for 7,140 yen (about US$71), and the DVD will retail for 6,300 yen (US$62).

Other extras on the sixth volume are as follows:

Video Extras
• Backstage video for May 4 “Mochi-Mochi Talk and Live Event”
• Character song PV for “Kittone, Zuttone, Yoroshikune”
• Web preview videos

Audio Extras
• Mochi-Mochi radio drama #11-12
• Cast commentary
• Staff commentary

Other Extra
• Japanese subtitles

First-Pressing Extras
• Insert song “Girl on the 94” by The Cupid’s Toy (first CD release of the song)
• 24-page all-color special booklet

###New Tamako Market Project in Production
posted on 2013-09-14 03:15 EDT
Announced before Kyoto Animation’s Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai! film on Saturday

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-18/tamako-market-new-anime-is-a-film-opening-in-april
[size=20]Tamako Market’s New Anime Is a Film Opening in April[/size]
posted on 2013-12-18 11:38 EST

The announced new Tamako Market project is Tamako Love Story, a brand-new film that distributor Shochiku is opening on April 26. The title change reflects a change from the earlier television version, in which the romance elements had been minimal.

The main staff will remain the same at Kyoto Animation, including director Naoko Yamada, head scriptwriter Reiko Yoshida, and character designer Yukiko Horiguchi. The five main cast members are all returning from the television version: Aya Suzaki, Atsushi Tamaru, Yuki Kaneko, Juri Nagatsuma, and Yurie Yamashita.

The official website for the film will open on Thursday.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-19/tamako-love-story-film-1st-teaser-streamed
[size=20]Tamako Love Story Film’s 1st Teaser Streamed[/size]
posted on 2013-12-19 07:39 EST

Tamako Market film focusing on romance opens in Japan on April 26

Kyoto Animation began streaming the first teaser for its upcoming Tamako Market film, Tamako Love Story, on Thursday. The text reads, “Tamako has peeled open.”

The video lists the cast members in the following order:
• Aya Suzaki (Tamako Shirakawa)
• Atsushi Tamaru (Mochizō Ōji)
• Yuki Kaneko (Midori Tokiwa)
• Juri Nagatsuma (Kanna Makino)
• Yurie Yamashita (Shiori Asagiri)

The main staff will remain the same at Kyoto Animation, including director Naoko Yamada, head scriptwriter Reiko Yoshida, and character designer Yukiko Horiguchi.

An official website for the film also opened on Thursday.

The film will open in theaters across Japan on April 26, and those who buy their tickets early starting on January 4 will receive a special clear file and a ticket with the key visual illustration. The tickets will be available before January 4 at the Kyoto Animation booth at the Comic Market 85 event later this month.

I’ve been wanting to buy this for awhile now. When are they releasing it? Come on Sentai, take my money!

Normally the first date you can expect a US release of the DVDs is 6 months after the last DVD is release in Japan. Sadly, I don’t know how to find info on DVD releases.

The final JP volume was released in late August and Sentai just recently released their April solicitations with out it.
April is the 7/8 month mark for turn around time between final JP volume release and ENG release, so there’s a good chance it’ll pop up on the May solicitations later this month.

If not May, it probably won’t be too much longer after that.

-edit-

If it’s a thread made by me, there’s usually a link to the official JP homepage of that particular series in my first post.

On the JP homepage, you’ll find the release info generally in a link listed BD/DVD (as is the case with Tamako Market).
Unless it’s a really new series, in which case, they haven’t posted the release info yet, so check back every so often.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-02-08/tamako-love-story-film-2nd-teaser-hints-at-mochizo-love
[size=20]Tamako Love Story Film’s 2nd Teaser Hints at Mochizō’s Love[/size]
posted on 2014-02-08 02:30 EST

Tamako Market film focusing on romance to open in Japan on April 26

Kyoto Animation began streaming the second teaser trailer for its upcoming Tamako Market film, Tamako Love Story, on Saturday.

[quote]Text: The mochi is ready.
Mochizō: I’ve made up my mind.
Mochizō: There’s something I have to convey to her.
Text: The couple’s love is close, but distant.
Text: It means becoming an adult.[/quote]
The main staff will remain the same at Kyoto Animation, including director Naoko Yamada, head scriptwriter Reiko Yoshida, and character designer Yukiko Horiguchi. The teaser notes that this is the latest brand-new film from Kyoto Animation after K-ON! and Takanashi Rikka • Kai ~Gekijō-ban Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai!~.

• Aya Suzaki (Tamako Shirakawa)
• Atsushi Tamaru (Mochizō Ōji)
• Yuki Kaneko (Midori Tokiwa)
• Juri Nagatsuma (Kanna Makino)
• Yurie Yamashita (Shiori Asagiri)

The film will open in theaters across Japan on April 26, and those who buy their tickets early starting on January 4 are receiving a special clear file and a ticket with the key visual illustration drawn by character designer Yukiko Horiguchi.

Update: The shorter “Tamako” and “Mochizō” commercial versions of the teaser also began streaming on Sunday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAkCzWDwETI

Tamako Love Story Film to Be Shown With ‘Dera-chan’ Short

posted on 2014-02-08 03:00 EST
Short to show what happened to “shadow star” of Tamako Market afterwards

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-08/aya-suzaki-to-perform-tamako-love-story-film-theme-song
[size=20]Aya Suzaki to Perform Tamako Love Story Film’s Theme Song[/size]
posted on 2014-03-08 03:10 EST

Tamako voice actress sings “Principle” for Tamako Market film focusing on romance

The official website for the Tamako Love Story film announced on Friday that Aya Suzaki will perform the theme song “Principle.” Suzaki is reprising her role as Tamako Kitashirakawa from Kyoto Animation’s original Tamako Market television anime. Suzaki performed the opening theme “Dramatic Market Ride” and the ending theme “Neguse” (Bed Head) for the 2013 series.

Suzaki’s single CD with “Principle” and “Koi no Uta” (Love Song) will ship on April 30 for 1,200 yen (about US$12).

Kyoto Animation has been streaming the film’s second teaser trailer. The official website also announced that the movie will be screened with the short “Minami no Shima no Dera-chan” (Dera-chan of the Southern Islands). The short will reveal what happened to Dera Mochimazzui, the “shadow star(?) of the Tamako Market television series.”

The film’s main cast and staff include:
• Aya Suzaki as Tamako Kitashirakawa
• Atsushi Tamaru as Mochizō Ōji
• Yuki Kaneko as Midori Tokiwa
• Juri Nagatsuma as Kanna Makino
• Yurie Yamashita as Shiori Asagiri
• Rina Hidaka as Anko Kitashirakawa
• Keiji Fujiwara as Mamedai Kitashirakawa
• Yōko Hikasa as Hinako Kitashirakawa
• Tomomichi Nishimura as Fuku Kitashirakawa
• Fumihiko Tachiki as Gohei Ōji
• Satsuki Yukino as Michiko Ōji

• Director: Naoko Yamada
• Screenplay: Reiko Yoshida
• Character Designer: Yukiko Horiguchi
• Art Director: Ikuko Tamine
• Color design: Akiyo Takeda
• Setting: Seiichi Akitake
• Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka
• Music: Tomoko Kataoka
• Editing: Kengo Shigemura
• Animation Production: Kyoto Animation
• Production: Usagiyama Shopping District
• Distribution: Shochiku

The film will open in theaters across Japan on April 26. Those who buy their tickets early, starting on January 4, are receiving a special clear file and a ticket with the key visual illustration drawn by character designer Yukiko Horiguchi.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-03-21/tamako-love-story-film-full-trailer-unveiled
[size=20]Tamako Love Story Film’s Full Trailer Unveiled[/size]
posted on 2014-03-21 22:29 EDT

Tamako Market film focusing on romance to open in Japan on April 26

The Tamako Love Story stage event at Pony Canyon’s AnimeJapan booth unveiled a full trailer for Kyoto Animation’s upcoming anime film on Saturday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6eNSvvPRPo

[quote]Mochizō: Since the time we were born, we were neighbors across the street. The daughter and son of two different mochi stores. I fell in love with this childhood friend…
Text: Tamako Kitashirakawa
Text: Mochizō Ōji
Text: Tamako Love Story Trailer
Midori: You’re toooootally watching Tamako, aren’t you? …But you’re just looking.
Mochizō: Huh!? I’m not looking that much! And also, I’ll say it to Tamako…
Text: What he wanted to say, but couldn’t.
Text: Something that was so obvious, she didn’t even notice.
Mochizō: Tamako. I, um… I’m going to a college in Tokyo. So before that, I want to tell you my feelings…
Text: Director Naoko Yamada
Text: Screenplay: Reiko Yoshida
Text: Character Designer: Yukiko Horiguchi
Mochizō: I’m really… Really in love with you, Tamako!
Text: Their love is so close, but so far away.
Tamako: I wasn’t able to accept it properly… The baton, and also…
Text: Animation Production: Kyoto Animation
Text: Third-year students in high school
Tamako: I think a lot of things are going to change. I wonder what I should do?
Text: Each on their own path.
Text: Moving ahead one step.
Text: The distance between the two begins to change.
Tamako: Mochizō!
Tamako & Mochizō: Tamako Love Story.[/quote]
Kyoto Animation’s main staff for the Tamako Market television anime is returning for the Tamako Market film, including director Naoko Yamada, head scriptwriter Reiko Yoshida, and character designer Yukiko Horiguchi. This is the latest brand-new film from Kyoto Animation after K-ON! and Takanashi Rikka • Kai ~Gekijō-ban Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai!~.

• Aya Suzaki as Tamako Kitashirakawa
• Atsushi Tamaru as Mochizō Ōji
• Yuki Kaneko as Midori Tokiwa
• Juri Nagatsuma as Kanna Makino
• Yurie Yamashita as Shiori Asagiri
• Rina Hidaka as Anko Kitashirakawa

The film will open in theaters across Japan on April 26.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-19/tamako-love-story-film-novel-adaptation-tv-spot-streamed
[size=20]Tamako Love Story Film’s Novel Adaptation’s TV Spot Streamed[/size]
posted on 2014-04-19 09:00 EDT

Stories about Tamako, Midori’s feelings, Choi’s budding love will be published in June

Kyoto Animation began streaming the TV spot for the novel inspired by its Tamako Love Story film on Saturday.

The text in the spot reads:

[quote]Tamako: The me of today really is the real me, right?
Midori: The only one who is unable to change… Is me.
Choi: I am… The prince’s ally.
Text: The story of three girls who stand at the entrance to the universe.[/quote]

The novel will tell two original stories focusing on the feelings of Tamako and Midori, as well as Choi’s heart that is in love as she searches for a bride for the prince on the southern island. Certain elements written in the novel will not be animated in the film.

Tamako and Midori’s story takes place in the girls’ third year of high school. Although everyone is thinking about their careers, Tamako’s head is filled with thoughts of mochi. On the other hand, Mochizō has decided to go to a college in Tokyo. Midori watches the two, but has worries of her own.

In Choi’s story, she continues to urgently search for a bride for the prince. She works together with Dera, who has fattened up like a ball, to use fortune-telling to find the prince’s future bride, but with no luck. However, one day, the two find a certain document when they go to the country’s library to look for hints on fortune-telling.

The novel is scheduled to be released in June. Yukiko Horiguchi will illustrate the novel, Reiko Yoshida is serving as director, and Mutsuki Ichinose will write the story.

The Tamako Love Story film will open in Japanese theaters on April 26.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-28/tamako-love-story-tv-spot-airs-after-film-opening
[size=20]Tamako Love Story TV Spot Airs After Film’s Opening[/size]
posted on 2014-04-28 11:30 EDT

Tamako Market film focusing on romance opened in Japan on Saturday

Kyoto Animation began streaming a TV spot on Monday for the Tamako Love Story film, which opened in Japan on Saturday. The video features the song “Principle” by voice actress Aya Suzaki.

[quote]Tamako: I think a lot of things are going to change. I wonder what I should do?
Mochizō: I’m really… Really in love with you, Tamako!
Tamako & Mochizō: Tamako Love Story.
Tamako: Mochizō![/quote]
Kyoto Animation’s main staff for the Tamako Market television anime returned for the Tamako Market film, including director Naoko Yamada, head scriptwriter Reiko Yoshida, and character designer Yukiko Horiguchi. This is the latest brand-new film from Kyoto Animation after K-ON! and Takanashi Rikka • Kai ~Gekijō-ban Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai!~.