TAN Viewing Club

Starting with on our current Chrono Crusade group viewing, Wicca and I are looking to have some regular group viewings. We are hoping to have at least one a month, where several of us can get to watch the same show (outside those airing on TAN) and comment together on the viewing.

Here is a list of several titles that Wicca and I have in common. If you are interested, please take a look and see if you are interested in watching any of these. Also, if you have any titles you are really interested in scheduling a group viewing, let us know, and we will see if we can arrange it.

009-1

Air Gear

Air TV

Aquarion

Beck

Demon Lord Dante

Elfen Lied

Gantz

Get Backers

Gravitation

Guyver The Bioboosted Armor

Happy Lesson

InuYasha Season 1

InuYasha Movies 1-4

Kurau Phantom Memory

Le Chevalier Deon

Maburaho

Magikano

Michel

My HiMe

Nuku Nuku Dash

Pani Poni Dash

Red Garden

Sakura Wars

Samurai 7

Utawarerumono

Vandread

Venus Versus Virus

Witch Hunter Robin

World Of Narue

X TV

Yugo The Negotiator

Looking at that list it seems I need to update my anime collection!

I only have a few of those, don’t want to see the others.

I only own a few of those titles, and some others are on my list to purchase. A viewing party just might be a good reason to order them. How’s Samurai 7? I’ve been on the fence about buying that one.

I’ve only seen a few episodes of Samurai 7, but I liked what I saw. It also happened to be one of the few Funi releases from that time with decent video quality. Most of what I heard about the show has generally been pretty positive.

Samurai 7. Meh…it was alright. It’s based on Akira Kurosawa’s movie Seven Samurai, of course being anime it has all the anime trappings.

I liked Basilisk and Shingurui Death Frenzy much more.

[quote=dragonrider_cody]
InuYasha Fire on the Mystic Island
Le Chevalier Deon
Utawarerumono
Yugo The Negotiator[/quote]

These are the only ones we have in common, I’m afraid… at least at the moment.

Well Slow, let me introduce you to Kurau Phantom DVD Savings Bundle (Hyb). It’s only $25 at Right Stuf and its a great series. Plus, the dub is AMAZING!

Go bat your eyelashes at your husband and get him to let you buy it. :wink:

Yes, that’s on my To-Buy list… that list is longer than my Own list.

Kurau Phantom Memory…Hmmmm… last I looked, that was playing on hulu. Maybe I should check out a few episodes.

[quote=Slowhand]
Yes, that’s on my To-Buy list… that list is longer than my Own list.[/quote]

I know the feeling…

Well, I own the following: Air Gear, Le Chevalier D’Eon, and Samurai 7, so I’m always up to watching those. I can get my hands on Beck fairly quickly, as well, so that’s an option I’m up for. Everything else would require me to find a copy to borrow, so I’d need some notice. I’m really up to view anything. I like watching stuff simultaneously with other folks, it makes me feel social :stuck_out_tongue: . I’ll keep an eye on this thread in order to see what is chosen…

Here is what I own from your list, but I could probably find a few, legally, online.
Gantz
Le Chevalier Deon
Red Garden

Slick

From your list I own:

Air Gear

Gantz

Get Backers

Le Chevalier Deon

Utawarerumono

Vandread

But our last group viewing was Vandread, wasn’t it? So I suggest we skip that. I’d suggest Air Gear, since I didn’t get to participate in that one the last time because I forgot my DVDs at home. The rest I’ve watched in the last month :side:

I will be uploading a list of legally available series online, including ones here at TAN, Hulu, Crunchyroll and others. For those of you who don’t have the DVDs this will provide a way you can still participate.

I also think we need to plan on having an Evangelion group viewing sometime in the future. It is probably the most well known and iconic ADV release, so I don’t see how we can skip over it.

Anybody have any suggestions for our May viewing? Here are some I would like to throw out there:

Le Chevalier Deon

Kurau Phantom Memory (also streaming online)

Utawarerumono

We’re open to suggestions, so what do you guys want to watch?

[quote=dragonrider_cody]
I also think we need to plan on having an Evangelion group viewing sometime in the future. It is probably the most well known and iconic ADV release, so I don’t see how we can skip over it.[/quote]

Since I just got the Neon Genesis Eva… yada, yada, yada :laugh: , I’m up for that!

[quote=dragonrider_cody]
I will be uploading a list of legally available series online, including ones here at TAN, Hulu, Crunchyroll and others. For those of you who don’t have the DVDs this will provide a way you can still participate.

I also think we need to plan on having an Evangelion group viewing sometime in the future. It is probably the most well known and iconic ADV release, so I don’t see how we can skip over it.

Anybody have any suggestions for our May viewing? Here are some I would like to throw out there:

Le Chevalier Deon
Kurau Phantom Memory (also streaming online)
Utawarerumono

We’re open to suggestions, so what do you guys want to watch?[/quote]

If the Evangelion is online somewhere, then I’m up for any of these, since I only have the one DVD, Resurrection.

Evangelion isn’t available online anywhere legally right now, at least as far as I know. I think the only place to get it digitally is the PS3 and Xbox 360 stores.

So it looks like that one is out for now. I’d like to have as many people involved as possible in the May viewing.

You all need to own this:
Nadesico, Martian Successor DVD Perfect Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak).
Evangelion pales in comparison.

Nadesico is great, and more people need to get it before it’s gone. Though I can’t really compare it to Eva since I’ve never finished it.

But I agree with Pup. Everyone needs to buy Nadesico! NOW!