TV Time

[size=16]NBC Announces Fall 2015 Premiere Dates[/size]
Published: June 23, 2015

[size=16]The CW Announces Fall 2015 Premiere Dates[/size]
Published: June 24, 2015

[size=16]Fox Announces Fall 2015 Premiere Dates[/size]
Published: June 25, 2015

[size=20]Comedy Central Orders 3 More Seasons of ‘South Park’[/size]

Trey Parker and Matt Stone have reached a new deal with Comedy Central to extend South Park by three seasons and 30 episodes, taking the longest-running primetime scripted series in cable to its 23rd season and 304 episodes.

The deal for three additional seasons, announced today by Michele Ganeless, president of Comedy Central, ensures the Emmy and Peabody Award-winning series will continue to produce new, original episodes through 2019.

Parker and Stone will continue to write, direct and edit every episode of South Park, as they have since the premiere of the series in 1997. The 19th season of South Park premieres Sept. 16.

In a separate deal, South Park Digital Studios, a joint venture between Parker, Stone and Viacom, has extended its record-breaking deal with Hulu to cover all additional seasons and new episodes. Hulu is the exclusive streaming home of the entire South Park library of 18 seasons and 254 episodes and will also remain the SVOD home to all episodes from upcoming seasons.

I seem to recall rumors that the show was going to end circulating back in 2011. It never ends…

It almost makes you wonder if the idea of letting South Park go is making CC panic in the inside, like you can’t AFFORD to. It’s so impossible to understand the mindset of networks.

Vixen looks pretty bad, but it’s sort of animated (ie:not 100% CG) so that’s something.

Dunno what to make of Super Mansions…Team America meets Red, with a dash of The Incredibles? I only recognized maybe half of the names listed as voice actors.

###Kabillion Launches ‘Casper,’ ‘George of the Jungle’
July 17, 2015

Yep, with TV stations, SD = 4:3, so a 16:9 gets letter boxed to fit 4:3, and the end result is the image is both letter and pillar boxed. I hated watching 16:9 shows on Anime Network VoD because of that (actually, the only reason I ever hit the HD/HQ button on ANO was for the same reason when I watched something full screen), but at some point, something changed and 16:9 was fullscreen, so VoD might have changed that rule, or AN went HD with their VoD.

[size=16]More Than 100 Shows That Won’t Be Back Next Season[/size]
Published: July 17, 2015

For Anger Management, now that I’ve finally seen it, FX should have tapped the writers for Last Man Standing as that show has several characters who are like Anger Management characters but they’re better realized (eg: Nolan->Kyle, Lacie->Mandy).

I wonder when Netflix is finally going to get around to resuming the shows that it saved.

For me personally, I’ve lost access to CBS and FOX for months now on Dish. It’s probably a good thing I didn’t start watching any of their shows.

No local versions to pull in OTA?

All I have are CW, NBC and ABC. Broadcasters took down CBS and FOX…probably more here than meets the eye besides money, because why wouldn’t there be? I can’t say for certainty if it’s completely widespread with Dish customers.

[details=Comedy Central Dates Fall Premieres]

[size=20]Comedy Central Dates Fall Premieres[/size]

Comedy Central has unveiled its fall programming slate of series and season premieres for its new and returning original series. Toon highlights include the debut of animated cop drama spoof Moonbeam City and the return of South Park and TripTank.

WED. SEPTEMBER 16:

South Park (Season 19 Premiere) – 10:00 p.m. ET/PT

The five-time Emmy-winning series returns! Tune in to find out what Trey Parker and Matt Stone’s irreverent characters get up to this season.

http://www.animationmagazine.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/south-park-post6-620x348.jpg

Moonbeam City (Series Premiere) – 10:30 p.m. ET/PT

Moonbeam City is an absurdist, retro-futuristic ’80s cop extravaganza. Comedy Central’s new animated series follows Dazzle Novak (voiced by Rob Lowe), a handsome, idiotic detective who commits more crimes than most criminals. His sexy, tyrannical chief Pizzaz Miller (Elizabeth Banks) won’t get off his back. His obnoxious rival Rad Cunningham (Will Forte) will stop at nothing to destroy him. Dazzle must team up with the city’s only competent police officer, Chrysalis Tate (Kate Mara), to protect their beloved, neon-soaked metropolis.

http://www.animationmagazine.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/moonbeam-city-post-620x348.jpg

WED. SEPTEMBER 23:

TripTank (Season Two Premiere) – 11:00 p.m. ET/PT

TripTank showcases a wide range of fast-paced, hard-hitting animated comedy shorts presented in an anthology style, weaving together stand-alone and recurring narrative pieces. Executive produced by ShadowMachine’s Alex Bulkley and Corey Campodonico, season two takes things just a little bit further through a variety of mind-bending animation styles, featuring a broad range of formats including 2D, stop-motion and CGI. Season one favorites ‘Suck It Gary,’ ‘Ricky the Rocketship,’ ‘Bethiffer,’ ‘Jeff & Some Aliens’ and ‘Animal Hitman’ are coming back for more, and season two will introduce ‘Rest Assured,’ created by Mike Clattenberg (Black Jesus), among 100s of other animated shorts. Voice talent this season includes Amy Schumer, Britanny Snow, Margaret Cho, Jemaine Clement, David Cross, Andrew Dice Clay, Key & Peele, Kristen Johnston, Cheryl Hines, Nick Swardson and Niecy Nash.

You are being redirected...

[size=20]Starz Presents Animated Double Features[/size]
Jul 29th, 2015

Starz Kids & Family will present a month long “Amazing Animation” double feature lineup starting Saturday, August 1 at 6 p.m. ET/PT. Ten kid-friendly titles are scheduled, with two films airing every Saturday night throughout the month. Pics from Disney, Pixar, Sony, Blue Sky and The Weinstein Co. are included in the event.

Viewers can catch Planes and Planes: Fire & Rescue Aug. 1; The Wild and Monsters University Aug. 8; Ice Age and Frozen Aug. 15; Open Season and Chicken Little Aug. 22; and Big Hero 6 and Doogal Aug. 29.

The films will also be available on Starz On Demand and Starz Play through July and August. Additionally, these platforms will also offer Frozen Sing-Along, Monster House, The Blue Umbrella (ends 8/12), Daisy: A Hen, Into the Wild, We’re Back! A Dinosaur Story, The Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything, Feast and Thumbelina.

**Showtime Still Developing Halo TV Series**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH2wTsFFjuw

**Sesame Street Moving to HBO**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSQy6-bQFNc

**Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Is Getting a Reboot**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QQ9o-p1_x8

**NBC Confirms Xena Reboot in Development**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7uYB6z5gUQ

[size=16]CBS: Under the Dome Cancelled; No Season 4[/size]
Published: August 31, 2015

**iZombie - "State of Dead" Trailer**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyJu_qV4aEY