5 Centimeters Per Second / Byōsoku 5 cm

No ADV dub, no buy. The BZ dub wasn’t bad, but I have to agree that it was a bit flat compared to the ADV dub. Not to mention that David Matranga fit the lead much better than Johhny Yong Bosch. Plus, it had Hilary Haag. :slight_smile:

They should include both dubs, but since I already have two copies of it, it doesn’t matter much to me. It just means my ADV copies will retain their value better.

Like new copies *starting *at $100 on Amazon.com.

Exactly. I’m sure they will go down a bit with this news, but they should still gor for a decent price due to the ADV dub. The original Troma/Fox DVDs of Totoro are still pricey due to the Streamline dub not being on the Disney release.

Or you could discount it for your TAN buddy ZakuAce :wink:

I literally kiss my copy of this DVD daily.

Heck when Best Buy dumped the anime in some stores one here had three copies of it for I think under $10 after the 50% off… I look on eBay and they’re going for around $40 a shot then and pretty steadily… so I go back like the next day - but they were all gone already.

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=1819446&postcount=50
I was just reading the reason why they felt they had to have a new dub and it sounds like horse poop to me. I’m really quite fine with my ADV release as like I said I feel I’ve got the better product. If they put both dubs on the disc I’d be more then happy to double dip ,but without it nothing can change my mind.

Yeah, CR’s excuse for a reason to not use the ADV dub combined with their reps repeated avoidance of admitting any sort of guilt of their old way of operating during the last ANNCast really isn’t helping their overall image. I personally never did anything with them before, but this past week really didn’t help with that any.

I’m not wishing them ruin or anything, but they really have to man up about their past and then try harder to please to simplest kinds of fan demands, like offering multiple dubs if there are any. If Sentai can do so with titles like Appleseed, then CR shouldn’t have any trouble doing so, and their reasoning indicated that they chose the BZ dub over the ADV dub and that it wasn’t forced on them.

Release date; October 8, 2010
MSRP; $24.98
http://store.bandai-ent.com/5_Centimeters_Per_Second_p/5cmpreorder.htm[/quote]

Well great extra’s and all ,but I am sticking to my guns of no ADV dub no double dip.

It’s got two strikes against it for me now no ADV dub and it’s being sold through Bandai’s store site.

Oh I saw this at the Alamo Draft House. Kinda sad…

liked it

They could have tried to get the ADV dub on there. It’s been done before.

No ADV dub=no buy.

So it was let known this won’t be a Bandai store exclusive. It will get a normal distrobution.

Wish I had got the ADV version when I had the chance since the price for it now is insane.

Yeah, I’m still debating whether or not to put my copy up for sell on ebay. I’m sure someone else would really appreciate owning it, but it’s nice having a backup copy in case something ever happens to mine.

Otakon 2016 - August 13, 2016
Discotek Media Panel

Discotek Offers 5 Centimeters Per Second on Blu-ray

posted on 2016-08-13 13:48 EDT

ADV dub not available? That seems weird as I keep hearing that the Japanese companies that license shows that get dubbed wind up effectively owning those dubs.

ADV wasn’t feeling the love at Otakon, Kleckner shot down the idea of the ADV commentaries on the Nadesico bluray.

Watch Makoto Shinkai’s 5 Centimeters Per Second Under the Stars in Tokyo

posted on 2016-09-18 22:15 EDT by Eric Stimson
Screening by Tokyo National Museum

Discotek:5 Centimeters per Second BD Slated for February

posted on 2016-12-13 23:10 EST