A-Channel

A-Channel

Genres: comedy, slice of life
Themes: high school, iyashikei, moe, school, yuri
Plot Summary: Tooru takes a test so she can enter the same high school as Run, her childhood friend and the girl she likes. She passes the exam and cannot wait to break the good news to Run. However, when Tooru arrives at Run’s house, she finds Run hugging a girl she’s never seen before. Tooru is introduced to Run’s high school friends, Yuuko and Nagi. As Run, Nagi and Yuuko begin their second year while Tooru begins her first year, their exciting high school life filled with drama and adventure begins for the four friends.
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2011-04-07 to 2011-06-24

ANN Info Page

A-Channel + smile (OAV) Vintage: 2012-03-21

1 Like

So, it’s Hidamari Sketch or Lucky Star with more moe? LOL. Yeah, I’d say definitely sub-only. But I hear fairly good things about it, so I will definitely check it out.

1 Like

I’ve heard this was a good one as well Cody, so I’ll definitely check this one out too.
Slick

1 Like

I am afraid I have more interest in this then Un-Go and that scares me. :wink:

1 Like

I have to admit, I do find that rather humorous myself.

1 Like

I’m probably interested in this just as much as I am Un-Go… but I think everything is interesting, so my opinion really doesn’t mean much :dry:

1 Like

I am watching so many shows right now, what’s one more? :laugh: I’ll give this one a shot too!

1 Like

Per PR

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SENTAI FILMWORKS LICENSES A-CHANNEL

HOUSTON, Nov 9, 2011— Sentai Filmworks announces the acquisition of A-CHANNEL, a cutting edge, slice of life comedy series based on the popular four panel comic by bb Kuroda. Helming the task of adapting the four panel strip into linear story are director Manabu Ono (Transformers: Cybertron, Dragonaut, Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere,) and lead writer Tatsuhiko Urahata (Strawberry Panic, Murder Princess, Monster.) Animation director and character designer Masakatsu Sasaki (Saki, Erotic Torture Chamber) adapts Kuroda’s designs for the animation medium while music is in the hands of Satoru Kousaki (Lucky Star, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.)

Toru and Run have been best friends forever, so when Toru learns that she’s managed to get into the same high school as Run, she runs to tell her… only to find Run in a compromising position with yet another girl, Yuko. Needless to say, that makes things a bit awkward at school, with Toru fending off those who might be interested in Run while Yuko and their other girlfriend, Nagi, have to deal with Run’s own penchant for drama. But it’s not all angst all the time, and as the school year progresses the four girls and their many classmates find time to laugh, play and figure out how to handle unexpected problems life likes to throw at them. Like bugs in the house, accidentally giving each other horrible haircuts, freezing up at karaoke or forgetting to put your underwear on in the morning. When it comes to learning about the real world, there’s always something ‘educational’ to be found in A-CHANNEL!

A-CHANNEL will be available digitally through many outlets and on subtitled DVD next February.

About Sentai Filmworks:
Sentai Filmworks is one of the fastest-growing anime companies in North America, including hit series like Highschool of the Dead, Guin Saga, Needless, Canaan and Angel Beats. Sentai Filmworks programs can be found on home video distributed by Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, Section23Films, The Right Stuf and other good and fine distributors. Digital product offerings may be found at iTunes, Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, Zune Marketplace, Anime Network, Playstation Network and YouTube.

1 Like

Funny thing is I know there will probably be more complaining about no Blu-ray then no dub now a days.lol

1 Like

Not from me!

Anime ‘fans’ in general just like whining though.
If it wasn’t about a dub, or video quality, it’d be about something else.

1 Like

Episode 01 is now ONLINE!

1 Like

Sorry to see this one end. I would love to see more of this delightful show. Toru is a great character and has some very interesting dreams –

She even had me thinking that Run was an alien. It just made such perfect sense! :laugh:

1 Like

Yes, it does make perfect sense.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d love more of this as well!
Toru is just so damn cute!

It’s a shame that the A-Channel + smile OVA was bundled with the manga, I would have really loved Sentai to pick it up, just for the sake of completion.

I hope they decide to make a second season some time in the near future.
It did ok for sales, averaging about 5200 across 6 volumes.
Not great, but not bad either.
Hopefully that’s enough for Aniplex to decide on more later.

1 Like

You guys get some awesome anime, I was just wondering, and this is about an older anime, A-channel, if there was any plan on dubbing it?

Not hearing anything about it at this moment. :frowning:

1 Like

Complete Collection Cover/Disc Art

Blu-ray

1 Like

‘A Channel’ TV Anime’s Blu-ray Disc Box to Include New Video Anime

posted on 2017-03-26 12:00 EDT
Also has all 12 TV episodes, 2 previous OVA episodes, all +A-Channel shorts, CD

1 Like

A-Channel The Animation Complete Collection Going Out of Print

A-Channel is leaving the Sentai Family

SHOP NOW

Limit two per customer, per item, on all sale items. Sentai Filmworks reserves the right to adjust quantities and/or cancel orders that do not comply with this limit. Sentai Filmworks reserves the right to amend, restrict or rescind this offer at any time.[

1 Like

Streaming rights expired early November (the exact time HiDive was originally being loaded onto VRV)

5 months later we lose the physical copies as well :sob:

Although I am curious to how long the final run will stay around, since it’s the only Aniplex series on the Sentai Store which still has the DVD version available…

OUT OF PRINT NOTICE: This title is available on the store until 4/30/19 or while supplies last. Don’t miss out!

So guess after that date they’ll probably sell the leftover stock to Rightstuf or a wholesaler if they have any left .

I’m good as I have it on Blu-ray and DVD . I guess I could hoard a spare copy for $11.99 plus shipping if something happens to one of mine . I’m a little disappointed in Aniplex not letting it be relicensed if that is the case . Cause like a few of the other titles i don’t see them doing anything with it . Maybe though since Sony owns both them and Funimation some of them will at least show back up digitally on Funimation or Hulu .

2 Likes