A Sister's All You Need / Imōto Sae Ireba Ii

A Sister’s All You Need / Imōto Sae Ireba Ii.

Genres: comedy, romance, slice of life
Themes: ecchi, fanservice, harem, imouto, otaku
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: Itsuki is a novelist and “modern day Pygmalion” who works day in and day out to create the ultimate younger sister. He’s surrounded by various other characters: a beautiful genius writer who loves him, his big-sisterly classmate from college, a fellow male writer, a sadistic tax accountant, and his editor. They’re all looked after by Itsuki’s perfect younger step-brother, Chihiro, who has a serious secret.
Number of Episodes: 12
Vintage: 2017-10-08

ANN Info Page

Shogakukan Briefly Lists TV Anime For Yomi Hirasaka’s Imōto Sae Ireba Ii. Light Novel Series

posted on 2017-04-13 06:40 EDT

Imōto Sae Ireba Ii. Light Novels by Haganai’s Hirasaka Get Fall TV Anime

posted on 2017-05-10 06:06 EDT
HENNEKO’s Kantoku illustrates romantic comedy novel series

Imōto Sae Ireba Ii. Anime’s Site Briefly Listed Studio Silver Link, Director Shin Oonuma

posted on 2017-05-11 16:00 EDT

Imōto Sae Ireba Ii. Anime Announces Cast, Staff

posted on 2017-07-18 13:30 EDT
Yūsuke Kobayashi, Nozomi Yamamoto, more star in SILVER LINK anime

SILVER LINK Turns the Page on “Imouto sae Ireba Ii” TV Anime

July 19, 2017 11:59am CDT
Main staff and cast announced for adaptation based on light novels about a struggling author & his sister complex

Preview Looks At Fall Adaptation Of “Haganai” Write Yomi And “HENNEKO” Illustrator’s “Imouto sae Ireba Ii”

September 06, 2017 12:09pm CDT
Silver Link produces fall anime

Imōto Sae Ireba Ii. Anime Reveals Promo Video, Theme Songs, October 8 Premiere

posted on 2017-09-06 14:05 EDT
ChouCho, Aira Yuki perform theme songs for “A Sister’s All You Need” anime

Crunchyroll to Stream “A Sister’s All You Need”

September 27, 2017 3:00pm CDT

Listen to ChouCho’s “A Sister’s All You Need” OP Song in Preview

October 07, 2017 7:40am CDT
16th single “Ashita no Kimi Sae Ireba Ii.” will be available on October 25

The Fall 2017 Anime Preview Guide - A Sister’s All You Need

Oct 8th 2017

Crunchyroll Kicks Off “A Sister’s All You Need.” Anime Simulcast

October 08, 2017 10:00am CDT
The first episode is available to stream now!

ANN Anime Spotlight - A Sister’s All You Need.

by ANN Staff, Oct 11th 2017

Funimation Reveals English Dub Cast for A Sister’s All You Need Anime

posted on 2017-10-27 17:21 EDT

I was hoping that Funi would cast some of the traditional cocky ecchi leads in this, like the maestro Eric Vale, or maybe a surprise Matt Mercer/Chris Smith role…the latter could’ve been a nice silver lining had this been exiled to CA for dubbing.

I don’t know who this Stephen Fu is, but IMO the dub would automagically improve exponentially if he and Eric Vale were to swap roles :wink:

I half expected Monica Rial to play the Marchi character, if for no other reason that the character reminds me of Index.

…Any ideas on how this show will handle the Engrish puns? I don’t know how that “I love you/What about the Arabs?” line is going to work in English, but it was too amusing (and borderline offensive) to omit :slight_smile:

1 Like

I suspect they’re find something else to use for the dub.

1 Like

The Fall 2017 Anime Preview Guide - A Sister’s All You Need (Simuldub)

Oct 30th 2017

I happened to see episode 4 of this show and it kinda picks up Amagi Brilliant Park’s torch when it comes to having interesting accountant characters.

I hadn’t put much thought into the Japanese income tax system, but this episode made the case that, at least at a high level, their system for income tax is strangely similar to the USAs. Very educational lol.

With Marchi already used as the “kohai” character, I wonder who Funi will bring in to play the accountant?

Euphemism-laden dub sounds like it could have potential. The show is aware of what it is and is better for it, so a dub that does the same could up this simuldub’s game significantly.

Illustrator Kantoku Turns Underwear Into Fancy Bows

posted on 2017-12-06 19:45 EST by Lynzee Loveridge

I’m not sure if that character was supposed to be a nod to Shimoneta, but that’s how I interpreted it.

This Week in Anime - A Sister’s All You Need…But Is It Really?

by Michelle Liu and Jacob Chapman, Dec 7th 2017

A Little Sister (and a Little Alcohol) is All You Need

posted on 2017-12-12 14:45 EST by Lynzee Loveridge