AD Police

AD Police

Related to: Bubblegum Crisis, Parasite Dolls

Genres: action, science fiction
Themes: mecha, police
Objectionable content: Mild
Plot Summary: Set a few years before Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040, A.D. Police chronicles the tales of Mega-Tokyo’s special police division designed to control rogue Boomers in the city. A.D. Police Officer Kenji Sasaki faces a major dilemma: he loses another partner to a rabid boomer. A day after he’s sent off-duty, he receives a new partner in the form of German cop Hans Kleif. Funny thing is that Kenji sucker-punched Hans at a bar the night before. Not only does Kenji face the everyday task of controlling Boomers, he has to learn to adjust with his new partner.
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 1999-04-08 to 1999-06-30

ANN Info Page

Press and Reviews:

AD Police (OAV)

AD_Police

Genres: action, horror mystery, science fiction
Themes: crime, mecha, police, vintage cyberpunk
Objectionable content: Intense
Plot Summary: Leon is a rookie with Jeena as his partner in the AD Police, an extremely violent, anti-Boomer police division. The first story concerns a mysterious woman from Leon’s past that starts to follow him. The second story is about a serial killer who kills prostitutes and viciously eviscerates them. The final story follows Billy who is a cyborg that questions his humanity, as the only flesh he possesses from his original body is his tongue.
Number of episodes: 3
Vintage: 1990-05-25 to 1990-11-22

ANN Info Page

Oddly enough, I’m watching AD Police, episode 1 on VOD right now. I saw an episode or two a few years back on TAN SVOD online if I’m not mistaken, but never had a chance to see tha whole thing. It may just be a decent series to watch.
Slick

Yeah this show is a spin off prequel to Bubblegum Crisis 2040.
You can get it in a double pack with its spinoff Parasite Dolls for a pretty cheap price.

I have the double pack but not getting around to watching either yet.
Though I did watch Bubblegum Crisis 2040 which is just a wonderful show.

Started watching this on VOD the other day -

I did spot what may well have been someone at ADV having a little fun in the first episode:

spoiler

Listen carefully as they cut to the scene in the hospital hallway where the one officer is injured. A female voice calls over the intercom “Dr. Howard to Emergecy, Dr. Fine to (radiology? I forget, doesn’t matter),” something else, then repeats “Dr. Howard to Emergency…” before the characters start to speak. Anyone else remember the intercom calling “Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard” ? All that’s missing is the office with the window in the door to get broken.

Okay, for those who don’t know, it’s a classic The Three Stooges short where every time the intercom calls Moe, Larry and Curley come out of a storage closet in some crazy way - on bikes, in go-karts, on a horse - and rush to the director’s office, where when the door gets slammed shut behind them it breaks the window - I had to giggle at that a little, anyways. It’s probably the only remotely funny thing in this episode except for the very end of it.

https://twitter.com/DarylSurat/status/647903035667148800

AD Police Files OAV Kickstarter next year. New transfer being done from the original 35mm since it was never previously released on Blu-Ray.

AnimEigo to Launch Kickstarter for AD Police Video Anime

posted on 2015-09-27 13:00 EDT
Still planning on Riding Bean Kickstarter after aiming for this past summer

Right Stuf, Nozomi Ent. Add A.D. Police Anime

posted on 2019-07-06 14:09 EDT by Jennifer Sherman

1 Like

Unless it’s a typo guess they could not get the ADV dub .

Right Stuf Listing only says Japanese, with English Subs.

From Fandom Post:

I asked Shawne and it was a listing error. The listing was updated to reflect the English Dub by ADV is included.

1 Like

Yay guess it’ll go in with a holiday order as filler or with Love is War .

Nozomi Facebook

1 Like

Ok “Boomer,” being an old cyborg doesn’t mean you can destroy Mega Tokyo | A.D. Police Files (1990)

This Boomer goes crazy without her daily shots | A.D. Police Files (1990)

It’s THAT time of the month, when she turns into a raging serial killer | A.D. Police (1990)

AD Police To Protect and Serve Official Trailer

A.D. Police: To Protect and Serve (1999) Opening 1 - Imaginary Girl