Glass Maiden

###GLASS MAIDEN

Genres: action, mystery, science fiction
Themes: detective, superpowers
Objectionable content: Significant
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2008-04-08 to 2008-06-24

Plot Summary: The stage is the Middle East in a not too far away future: in Rags Town, a city full of scum. A carefree detective named Shun is living in this city, doing what he pleases. But one day he meets a beautiful girl who’s lost her memory, and he tries to solve her mystery without knowing that this would change his life and make him face a powerful enemy.

ANN Info Page
####Watch on the Anime Network Online Player
####Official Fuji Creative Website with Trailer!

This was sort of slipped via the June newsletter, so not too much info on it at this time. I don’t know yet if Anime Network acquired this series separately, or if it also means we may see a Home Video release from Sentai at some point. But they do have at least one slot open in September for another release.

Only time will tell (or a PR release.) :slight_smile:

I couldn’t help but notice the car they’re sitting on in that cover pic, not to mention the fact that it is a nicely-replicated front end of a Pontiac Trans Am. Sorry, I just had to point that out. I have to admit though, they did a good job there.

In any case, the info I’ve seen looks pretty good. I might look into it.

Watched the first episode on CR (more like just the OP) it does appear to be a Trans am. Right Hand drive at that. Most Japanese anime seem to leave american cars alone unless there was a mass imported conversion. Which I don’t believe there was for the 79 ,80 ,81 Firebird or Trans am.

We will be getting a physical release of this. Maiden Japan will be releasing it on subtitled DVD later this year. Interesting to see them license it and not Sentai. Since Switchblade seems to have stopped releasing titles, I assumed we wouldn’t see another DVD from their animation label.

If someone wants to link the story, that would be great. I can’t do so from my phone. Thanks! :slight_smile:

[quote=dragonrider_cody]
We will be getting a physical release of this. Maiden Japan will be releasing it on subtitled DVD later this year. Interesting to see them license it and not Sentai. Since Switchblade seems to have stopped releasing titles, I assumed we wouldn’t see another DVD from their animation label.

If someone wants to link the story, that would be great. I can’t do so from my phone. Thanks! :)[/quote]

Found it on ANN. Here you go!

[size=16]Maiden Japan Announces License of Glass Maiden[/size]

[quote=dragonrider_cody]

If someone wants to link the story, that would be great. I can’t do so from my phone. Thanks! :)[/quote]

I believe Matt Greenfield is the one in charge of Maiden Japan . Not sure what is going on with Switchblade since the last batch of titles from I think last April never even made it out. My guess is anything Maiden Japan picks up is more filler programing for The Anime Network they got for a cheap price and releasing it on DVD is just a little bit of frosting.

I have no doubt Matt Greenfield is in charge of it. His name shows up on every release as Executive Producer, among other things. And you could be right about the filler programming, especially since the PR states there are more announcements forthcoming. Fuji jad been shopping this title and a few others around for a while, so the price was likely good.

Yeaaay!!!
Now my Papillion Rose won’t feel so lonely up on the wall.

Now if only more Happy Carrot friends could show up for the party.

When is episode one coming to the Online player?

[quote=blakdragon7]
When is episode one coming to the Online player?[/quote]

August 11.

[size=5]Coming to VOD 9/1![/size]

HIDIVE Streaming Announcement

2019-07-18T05:00:00Z

1 Like

Glass Maiden, Eps 1-12, are live at HIDIVE