Official Japanese Website

ANN Page

Genres: action, science fiction
Themes: mecha, war
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2014-07-05
Opening Theme: “heavenly blue” by Kalafina
Ending Theme: “A/Z” by Hiroyuki Sawano

Plot Summary: In 1972, the Apollo 17 mission discovered a hypergate to Mars on the surface of the moon. Soon a war breaks out between Earth and Mars, and Martian soldiers begin to descend from the sky, riding steel giants, intent on exterminating humanity. (from ANN)

Aldnoah.Zero 2

ANN Page

Genres: action, drama, science fiction
Themes: hybrid robot, mecha, military, political factions, strategic battles, strategic minds, war
Objectionable content: Significant
Number of Episodes: 12
Vintage: 2015-01-10
Opening Theme: “&Z” by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:mizuki
Ending Theme: 1: “&Z -English ver.-” by SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:mizuki (ep 1)
2: “GENESIS” by Eir Aoi
3: “Harmonious” by Sora Amamiya (ep 11)
4: “heavenly blue” by Kalafina (ep 12)

Plot Summary: Seeking for revenge, Count Saazbaum, a Martian, attacked the Earth. Later on, the war between the Terrans and Martians ended with Earth’s Terrans gaining the victory. However, nineteen months later, the battle between them continues. Martians still continues to invade the Earth and the Terrans to protect it. (from ANN)

Fate/Zero’s Aoki Helms Nitro+ & Urobuchi’s Aldnoah.Zero TV Anime

posted on 2014-02-15 11:40 EST
A-1 Pictures & TROYCA produce original anime project this year

Episode 1 –

spoiler

Good first episode. Beautiful music. Interesting story.

Can’t wait to find out why these arrogant Martians hate their roots so much!

So… iDols from iDolmaster, in a loose plot around Titania, featuring another Majestic Prince set of protagonists?

So, just another Voltron rip-off then? (like Gravion, Gundam, Pilot Candidate,etc…)

dont really care for the look of the mechs, but i will give it a chance next week because, mechs. :blush:

The art in this one has some issues. Originally I was thinking that the Martians were drawn oddly to demonstrate that they were a new “race” but then the terran among them was drawn the same way and the Earth-bound terrans, while looking different, still had wacky art.

Episode one couldn’t have been more generic, plot-wise. Perhaps it’ll get better but I don’t know if I’ll stick around to find out, though I’ll try to enforce the 3 episode rule of thumb. Except for the boozing, brooding instructor everyone else was a cardboard cutout. :frowning:

Ep.3

Holy Crap! Finally a giant robot show where:

They actually use the inferior tech they have, to actually form a strategy and defeat the uber powered enemy mech, in a believable fashion.

Episode 3 –

spoiler

For all the danger, I think the princess is having the time of her life. But now her secret is out. The kids make a good team too. And the Martians targeted their own princess to start this war. Or continue it as the case may be. I think Asseylum is going to turn out to be a lot stronger than they think!

Ep. 5

Im a season of OP badasses, Inaho is the man, and he doesn’t need magic or be in a VMMO to do it.

Inaho passes his thermodynamics test and saves the ship once again.

Episode 5 –

spoiler

The Emperor questions the current hostilities and the events surrounding his granddaughter’s death. He calls for a halt to the fighting and intends to find out the truth behind Asseylum’s assassination. I’m sure that won’t sit well with those that want the war to continue. Slaine knows the truth, but who will listen to him and not kill him to keep him silent?

The princess also intends to make her presence known, hoping it will put an end to the war. With her being alive, there is no reason to fight. Unless of course her enemies get to her first and kill her. Even with the armistice, the ship that Asseylum is on is attacked. As the ship fights against Vlad, Slaine manages to let the Emperor know that his granddaughter is alive and makes him aware of the plot.

Inaho faces Vlad when the other pilots are incapacitated, and defeats him. I would love to know about Marito and this Tanegashima incident mystery. Unfortunately Saazbaum got to the Emperor before Slaine and convinces him that Slaine is a spy for the Terrans, meaning everything Slaine told the Emperor about the princess being alive was a lie. Saazbaum tells the Emperor that the Terrans are not to be trusted and that they are plotting to overthrow him. Sadly, Saazbaum convinces the Emperor to continue the attack on Earth. And now Slaine is a target as well.

Ep. 6

Does anyone find it Ironic

That they are at Tangeshima Island, and look they found the Blume! :stuck_out_tongue:

Perfect crossover!!! :slight_smile:

Episode 6 –

spoiler

Saazbaum gets his wish and war is officially declared on both sides. The students are drafted, but Asseylum manages to avoid that. The Tanegashima Report is finally explained and no wonder Marito is such a mess. Slaine escapes from the Martian ship and is hopefully going to make his way to the princess.

Inaho finds out what Aldnoah is and why it’s so important. The ship is headed towards Tanegashima for fuel and supplies. Marito isn’t happy about that. The last thing he wants is to go back there. Marito also finds out that his best friend that had died during the Tanegashima incident, John Humeray, was the brother of Captain Magbaredge. She holds Marito responsible for his death and tells Marito that she hates him. That doesn’t sit well with Marito, but before he can say anything, the ship is attacked.

So much for thinking the Martians aren’t interested in the destroyed Tanegashima area! The ship is made to crash before it can head back out to sea. Inaho heads out with the other pilots to face the enemy. But even numerous pilots are no match for one Martian and an Aldnoah drive. The newbie pilots aren’t really ready for this kind of fight either and Marito gets worked up enough to join them. But will he be able to handle it?

The order is given to abandon ship and the civilians are evacuated first, Asseylum among them. Once again, Inaho is a hero and saves the people on the bridge, but runs out of ammo. When things look bleak, it is Slaine that saves them! Wow, he showed up at the perfect time! But I wonder if he’s going to be friend or foe to the humans. I know his only concern is the princess.

Episode 7 –

spoiler

Slaine has found the orange Kataphrakt and needs to protect it until he can find the princess. In all the fighting, a hidden dock is uncovered and the ship limps towards it. The Kataphrakts stay behind to protect the retreat. The ship makes it to safety and seals the entrance to the dock. And Saazbaum had discovered Slaine’s location.

The ship is evacuated and an unconscious Marito is pulled from the cockpit of a Kataphrakt. Poor guy fought his own demons and never even made it outside to fight with the others. No one has yet heard from Mustang Platoon. Magbaredge becomes more and more puzzled about this secret base as other discoveries are made. A Martian Kataphrakt is found. Marito enlightens her. This all goes back to The Tanegashima Report. And here is the proof! Then another discovery is made.

Mustang Platoon, at Inaho’s urging, decides to attack the enemy Kataphrakt. Inaho gets Slaine to help them and they get some unexpected help from Asseylum as well. But now her secret is out. However, Slaine is happy to have found her, although their reunion may be delayed since Inaho attacks him and causes his ship to crash once their common enemy is defeated. Looks like the humans have a new toy to play with too – as long as they continue to have Asseylum’s help.

Episode 8

Slaine, Sucks to be you, Dude…Worst Luck ever…

Episode 9

spoiler

If Asseyleum is dead I will so totally rage quit this show. (Like I did Valvrave with the 1, 2 punch of them killing off Marie and Liselotte in back to back episodes)

(just to note it’s all Slaine’s fault too. Since she was choked with the necklace he gave her)

Episode 8 –

spoiler

Slaine is back among the Martians and is tortured by Cruhteo. The Count wants to know why Slaine was at the island, but thankfully Slaine endures the torture without giving up any information. Meanwhile, Asseylum is undergoing much friendlier questioning by Magbaredge and tells her story, along with Inaho and Rayet. However, with the state the communications are in, there is no way to get the word out that the Princess is alive and well. Then again, even if they could tell the world, they may become the targets of those that tried to assassinate Asseylum in the first place. Magbaredge decides to stick with the original plane of getting to Russia, and will decide what to do then.

Slaine continues to be tortured, but asks Cruhteo about his loyalty to the Princess. Slaine realizes that all the Martians want is war with Earth and accuses Cruhteo of exploiting Asseylum’s death. Cruhteo responds by whipping Slaine. Inaho almost tells Asseylum about his encounter with Slaine on the island, but gets interrupted. When they are alone again, Asseylum thanks Inaho for saving her life and he finally gets to tell her about Slaine. The Princess tells Inaho about her Terran friend. Neither realizes that they are talking about the same person.

Even with the tortuous pain he’s going through, Slaine vows to protect Asseylum and keep the fact that she’s still alive a secret. He vows that he will not let her be exploited by either the Martians or the Terrans. Slaine’s torture is interrupted by a message of what was found on Tanegashima. However, Cruhteo feels it isn’t important and finally orders Slaine killed. Saazbaum tries to stop him, but Cruhteo is determined. Slaine just smiles. With a few more deductions, Cruhteo puts two and two together. He finally realizes that Asseylum is alive!

Slaine is released from his shackles and tells Cruhteo about the assassination plot, believing him to be part of it. Slaine also admits to killing Trillram for his part in the plot. Slaine tells Cruhteo that he won’t let him have his way before he finally succumbs to his torture and passes out. Cruhteo finds it hard to believe that the Princess is still alive, but ends up having a little more respect for the lowly Terran at his feet. The unconscious Slaine can’t hear him, but Cruhteo asks for his forgiveness, and give orders for Slaine’s injuries to be treated. Slaine vows to make the traitors pay. But the arrogant Knight reveals the fact that the Princess is alive when he orders a cease fire with Earth and demands the Terrans’ help in locating Asseylum. Before that order can be broadcasted to Earth, the Landing Castle is attacked – by Saazbaum! He’s come for Slaine. Cruhteo realizes that Saazbaum is the mastermind behind the assassination and calls for his Tharsis. Too late. Cruhteo may be dead. Saazbaum takes the unconscious Slaine and leaves the destroyed Landing Castle behind.

Episode 9 –

spoiler

Slaine awakens in Saazbaum’s care. The Count lets him believe that he was responsible for saving him from Cruhteo. He also lets him believe that Cruhteo is dead as repayment of a debt to Slaine’s father. Dr. Troyard had once saved Saazbaum’s life and now Saazbaum has saved his son in return. Saazbaum tells Slaine that he knows Asseylum is alive. He also tells Slaine that he was the one behind the plot to assassinate her!

Aboard the Deucalion, Rayet tries to come to terms with her situation. Marito is being treated for his PTSD, but part of his treatment is to relive the incident that started it all over and over again via a simulator. His first experience with the Martians was terrifying and I can see why he is the way he is – and why he blames himself for his friend’s death. Perhaps reliving it all was a bad idea, but at least the doctor now knows that the root of the problem wasn’t the actual fighting, but the fact that Marito had to shoot his friend.

Slaine finds out that Saazbaum is attacking Earth in order to expand the Vers territory, but it seems to be more than that. Saazbaum mentions culture and resources as well. It seems such things are lacking on Mars. Saazbaum also wants revenge against the royal family. Slaine asks him not to kill the Princess, but Saazbaum blames the Emperor for the death of his beloved, Orlane, in the incident fifteen years prior. So this is what truly drives him in wanting this war. And he will kill anyone that tries to stop him. Including Slaine, if it comes to that. No matter that he is the son of the man that once saved his life – that debt has been repaid in Saazbaum’s mind.

Rayet catches Asseylum alone in the shower and tries to kill her, by strangling her. Asseylum falls at her feet and Rayet panics. Asseylum could just be unconscious, but in any case, the ship responds and the Aldnoah drive fails. The ship cannot maintain altitude and begins to rapidly descend. The ship crashes on what seems to be an icy plain, but appears to be intact. I just hope Asseylum is all right!

Episode 10 -

spoiler

With some quick thinking Inaho saves the Princess with a Defribillator and CPR techniques. (WOOT!)

Rayet Steals the Captain’s gun and is all Boo-Hoo before taking pot shots at the Princess (She misses intentionally) then Inaho disarms her before she can kill herself and the Captain throws her in the Brig.
(Which means the next cour will have a Rayet redemption arc, I’m sure of it)

With the power restored to the Deucalion the ship makes it’s way to Russia

Saazebaum explains to Slaine why he’s got a bee up his butt because he hates both the Royal Family for getting his fiancee killed in Heavens Fall, and Earth just because he wants it to help his people.

So he let’s Slaine go as payment to Slaine’s father who save Saazebaum’s life, and he has Cruetoh’s Kat, which is powered down (Which means Cruetho’s dead.)

Now Saazebaum goes to Russia to wipe out Earth’s last stronghold. What will Slaine do?

Episode 11-

spoiler

Saazebaum Attacks

Rayet is freed and borrows a Kat

While Edelirutto drives the Princess to the Deucalion, Rayet starts her redemption by covering the Humvee with the Princess in it. Princess makes it to the ship while Rayet holds off the Martian Kats.

Slaine Searches for the Princess (I’m sorry the Princess is in another castle)

-Since politics has failed, Asseyleum decides to try and shut down Saazebaums landing castle, Inaho forms a plan.

-The fiirst part of the plan is executed perfectly but Sauzebaum attacks the Deucalion as the Princess is getting ready to be dropped, damaging the ship, so the Captain delivers the Princess with the ship and crashes the ship into the landing castle as the episode ends.

Aldnoah.Zero TV Anime to Return Next January

posted on 2014-09-20 12:30 EDT
12th episode ends with teaser for more next year

Ep. 12

spoiler

SLAINE YOU GOSH DANG EFFING PIECE OF CRAP! COULD YOU BE ANY MORE OF A TOOL!

R.I.P. Inaho you were awesome to the end… If you and Asseylum survive, I’m totally rooting for you.

(Though it’s not looking good for either of them…)