Angelic Layer

Also keep in mind that The WB is owned by Time-Warner which, of course, owns Cartoon Network.

So, this could be a fallout of CN’s Toonami licenses. Something that was maybe tacked on to enhance a deal for a more recent property.

Mark Gosdin

That’s actually a good possibility. It could also be a bundle with one of the children’s anime that Cartoon Network is showing as well. It just doesn’t seem to be likely that ADV still has it, not only due to its age, but the fact that it is only streaming on The WB. An ADV show would likely be streaming on other sites as well, such as TAN or Amazon.

I bawled my eyes out like a little girl , when her and her mom finally reunite in the last episode.

I never did get to finish this show. One of the things that I do remember seeing, however, was a rare ADV show where Andy McAvin wasn’t playing a villain. However, he was playing an eccentric genius who had a penchant for underaged girls.

He was to fighting dolls what Dr. Rockzo was to glam rock, since we’re talking about Cartoon Network lol. Even though CN, or more aptly AS, was cool with showing us a crazy rocker who was all about underaged girls I don’t think that they’d be cool with showing us “Wiggly Icchan”.

And that’s a tragedy because it was pretty funny if I do say so myself.

I do wish Sentai/Maiden could have retained/reacquired the old ADV stuff as all the non-Funimation companies seem to be dropping the ball with theirs (eg:Discotek, Nozomi) and Funi has been pretty hit-'n-miss with its rescue releases. Now Angelic Layer has made its way to a website of a channel that I didn’t think existed any longer lol. Maybe I’m getting it confused with UPN… :silly: :silly:

Both the WB and UPB shut down. A good chunk of their old affiliates became stations for the CW. It wasn’t technically a merger, because FCC regulations forbid the merger of broadcast networks, but that’s in effect what it was. The highest rated shows from, and a few critical favorites with so-so ratings, like Veronica Mars, moved to the CW.

However, Warner Brothers has keep their we site active and uses it to stream older shows. They also offer shows for digital download through iTunes and other sites.

That might explain why I’m not really up on the subject as I’ve been trying to repress everything about the CW as everything I’ve seen on it has been for the Twilight demographic. I’m not in that demo. Well, to be fair, some of the things I’ve been forced to see on it are more “hunger games” demo than twilight and those are almost watchable. Almost :wink:

Whoever has the rights to angelic layer and is streaming it is already leaps and bounds above disco and Nozomi on the rescue release front as I don’t believe that either is streaming all of its rescues. If they are it is news to me. If disco is then I call shenanigans as, having once again seen one of their low-quality printings of Goldenboy, they bad better not have the money to be streaming.

I own the ADV box set and loved the show in English.

seeing and they used to be ADV I am not supprised to hear its here.

To Be Released by Anime Selects on 11/24/2015

Sentai Filmworks Press Release

1 Like

It’s good to see this come back in print.
I was afraid this would be one of the skipped ADV titles as the years progressed.
Nice that new people will be able to watch this little gem.

I just saw it listed on the online player starting Sept 27th. I always wanted to see this subtitled!!! YAH!!!

Premiering on AN Online Player

Episodes: 1-26
Starts: Sunday, 9/27/2015
Languages: English Dubbed & Japanese w/English Subtitles

1 Like

Eps 01-26 (Sub & Dub) are now live on ANO

Sentai Selects Cover/Disc Art

DVD

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91OwahgjrZL.SL.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81Y1bMlpEIL.SL.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/714Mu5waW%2BL.SL.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81m41v8LOTL.SL.jpg

Sentai Filmworks to Release Angelic Layer Anime on Blu-ray Disc

posted on 2016-08-26 03:30 EDT
Company’s December slate also includes Little Busters! EX, My Love Story!!, Wakaba Girl, more

I can’t play any of these episodes, they’re listed under the dubbed section but it nothing happens when I click the episode. Sorry if this is in the wromg place on the forums.

I’m sorry @RedLord84

Angelic Layer is not available for streaming on this site.

For future reference, please report Online Player issues in Anime Network Online Player Technical Support/Customer Service.

The last website that Angelic Layer streamed on was KidsWB.com, but it appears to have been taken down since then.

Complete Collection Cover/Disc Art

Blu-ray

To be more accurate, the show is no longer available on the on-line player. It was watchable from Sept 2015 until recently for premium viewers.

Angelic Layer Trailer