Animazement News & Comments

Great pics Red! I’m with your GF - don’t cut your hair! :lol:

Seriously great pics Red and you look spot on but the guy in the Harvey Birdman costume made me LOL. I love that show. Looks like you had fun!!!

Indeed, those are some great pictures! :wink: I remember seeing almost all of them around there, but I see that I am not in any of your pictures, which I guess doesn’t surprise me. :stuck_out_tongue: (And I see you were there for Cossplay Chess :lol: )

I went this year, and I have to say it was the best three days I have ever had! I look forward to coming back next year, especally since I already pre-ordered my ticket with the $20 off. :slight_smile:

I had a great time at Animazement this last weekend. That is why I haven’t been on hehe. Will link some pics soon. Also, look up this years Cosplay Chess. If there is a video of it, you might see me! Also in the pics is one Iron K. Tager. Look for him/her whoever it might be!

[quote=“redshirt1” post=117192]I had a great time at Animazement this last weekend. That is why I haven’t been on hehe. Will link some pics soon. Also, look up this years Cosplay Chess. If there is a video of it, you might see me! Also in the pics is one Iron K. Tager. Look for him/her whoever it might be!

http://s583.photobucket.com/albums/ss280/Maverius/Animazement2012/[/quote]

Oh God please tell me Iron K. Tager is the one dressed up as Dr Frank N. Furter. Looks like you had fun Red.

Nope. :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry to disappoint, but I wasn’t dressed up for Thursday; though I was wearing a t-shirt with a rather photogenic design on the front. :wink:

I’m going to be buying next years ticket in the next hour or two, so I’m going next year (and hopefully get to see you again, red :slight_smile: ). I had an awesome time this year and look forward to the next! ^ω^

Well, tonight is the night! Pre-con is starting at 6, and that is when it will all begin for me. :stuck_out_tongue:
I have no way of taking pictures myself, but if I do end up getting some good ones from a friend, I might just post them here. :wink:

Anyway, I will see you all when I get back! :3

Have fun! Hope you come back with some good stories!

Went with the Raleigh Anime meetup group this year and had some fun. Even saw Iron K. Photos will come latter this week.

I really had to skip giving the information yesterday because, among practically melting out of the car when I got home, I was quite tired. 10 hours of sleep later I fell a whole lot better. :stuck_out_tongue: If it is no problem, I thought I would post my experience in this thread this time, seeing how it is kind of meant for it. :silly:

Anyway, I cannot say there were more incidents this year, but it was very enjoyable either way. :3 They will be outlined below:

- Pre-con dance party panel led to the formation of the greatest team Animazement has ever seen: Team Top Yaoi.

- Fell in love with Taiko thanks to someone bringing it to the arcade room.

- Saw quite a few people from last year, including redshirt and the Reese's guy.

- There were a lot more Touhou cosplayers this year, and I got pictures with many of them. :cheer: (I even did a tad bit myself :P)

- Sadly missed the NOIZ concert, but definitely heard/felt them a floor or two down. :P

- Got to see the DBZ voice actors up on stage together (both Japanese and English), which was an animazing experience. X3

- Participated and got destroyed in a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament, but had fun playing with some of my friends.

- Cosplay chess just keeps on getting better and better every year.

- Plenty of shenanigans around while doing nothing.

I also managed to get quite a few things from the Dealer’s Room:

[spoiler]Anime

- Porco Rosso ($20)

- Midori Days ($30)

- A Certain Scientific Railgun [Both singles] ($100)

- Girl's High ($20)

- K-ON! The Movie ($20)

Manga ($45)

- Wild @ Heart

- A Little Snow Fairy Sugar [2+3]

- Girl Got Game [1-4]

Random Grab-Box
(I made a few trades, and this is what I ended up with)

- Inuyasha [Full color volume 1 manga]

- Yoki Koto Kiku [Manga]

- Hello Kitty candy dispenser

- Moon Phase pins [Ryuuhei + Elfriede]

I did not get any figures this year considering the fact that I will be going to college soon, and do not want to have to deal with finding a place to keep them. :frowning: [/spoiler]

Anyway, that basically outlines my Animazement experience for this year. :slight_smile:

Sounds like you both had a fantastic time!

Can’t wait for the pictures!

Well, I guess now is as good a time as any to post some pictures of myself. :blush: No turning back now. I guess the question is going to be answered here and now. You have been warned.
Though, I did think of waiting until graduation…

Looks like it was fun.

Amazing stuff, fun.

Relieves tension, lightens the heart, takes years of worry off you and it grows when you share it.

Thanks for sharing.

Mark Gosdin

[quote=“Iron K. Tager” post=142519]Well, I guess now is as good a time as any to post some pictures of myself. :blush: No turning back now. I guess the question is going to be answered here and now. You have been warned.

HAHA! you look Great And I bet you had lots of fun! :laugh:

[quote=“Iron K. Tager” post=142519]Well, I guess now is as good a time as any to post some pictures of myself. :blush: No turning back now. I guess the question is going to be answered here and now. You have been warned.

Great pics! Of course, now I feel bad about casting you as a girl all the time. :lol: I shall have to fix that in the future!

Anyway, I’m glad you had such a good time.

[quote=“LadyOfWicca” post=142640]
Of course, now I feel bad about casting you as a girl all the time. :lol: I shall have to fix that in the future![/quote]

Do not feel bad, I loved it either way. :stuck_out_tongue:
There is no rush. :blush: I am glad to be cast as either (or both) equally. :3

There goes another Animazement, and a really good one too! The convention may still be going, but we decided to leave before the doors actually closed this time. :silly:
I think my experience this year was much better than last year, with some pretty memorable highlights (in no particular order). :3

- Maid Café was nice, but I realized all too late that I have an aversion to green tea (thinking about becoming a maid next year, if only for the laughs).

- The pre-con dance party saw a resounding victory for Team Top Yaoi.

- I realized I am not very good singing in front of others. :blush: 

- Took what seems like way more pictures than last year, and had more fun doing it.

- My cosplay was correctly identified by more people than not this year. :cheer: 

- Got to see redshirt1 again (if only briefly), and ran into someone from work.

- Cosplay chess was once again better this year. :P 

- I did not get to see KOTOKO perform or have her autograph anything, but absolutely loved her Q&A panel.

- The shamisen and taiko concert was absolutely stunning, and has helped cement my love for the taiko drum (I think I want to play it).

I did not get any figures again this year, and tried my best to focus on somewhat of different things from the Dealer’s Room. I did not remember all I spent, but ended up spending somewhere around $220.

Manga

- Girl Got Game [5-9]

- Konkon Kokon 1

- Hitohira [1-3]

Wares

- Daruma shirt

- Gurren Lagann pin

Grab Bag ($35 and after a few trades)

- Robotimal Panda-Z (Complete series)

- Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight (Test Drive)

- Jungle Emperor Leo

- A plushie of Mechi from Excel Saga

- A Keroro pen cap

- A sticker of Ichigo from Bleach

That is basically the outline of what happened this year. I did get many more pictures this year, and think they were taken much better (the picture quality does vary, since they were taken on two devices. :3

I hope you enjoy this year’s photos as well. :laugh: http://s744.photobucket.com/user/Iron_Tager/library/Me/Animazement%202014

1 Like

###North Carolina’s Animazement to Host Toshiyuki Watanabe, Sōichi Noguchi
posted on 2016-04-24 04:00 EDT
May convention to also donate to Kumamoto earthquake relief efforts

###Press Release: Animazement Announces 2016 Charities
Apr 24th 2016

###Press Release: Animazement Hosts Toshiyuki Watanabe for Space Brothers Symphony
Apr 23rd 2016

###Press Release: Astronaut Soichi Noguchi to Appear at Animazement 2016
Apr 23rd 2016

###Press Release: Animazement Announces 2016 Charities
Apr 24th 2016