SAKURA-CON News

Multiple threads have been merged to create this thread

This is the Sakura-Con News thread.

Effective April 2, 2015

Only post article/news/notes about Sakura-Con conventions OR about anime that doesn’t already have an existing thread.

Anything posted here that already has an existing thread will either be moved to that thread or deleted. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Sakura-Con 2010
Sakura-Con 2011
Sakura-Con 2013
Sakura-Con 2015
Sakura-Con 2016

✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰✰

Cost: 60 dollars at the door 50 dollars pre reg. daily pricing is also available
Sakura-con in seattle, wa will be here april 2-4 it is going to be sooo awesome… plus they are going to screen a trigun movie even before the japanese release… they dont have the schedule up yet but check out the panels also more info on the main site here dont know how many of you are in or near seattle but this is a must come to Convention it never dissapoints.

Sakura Con 2010

April 2-4, 2010

Washington State Convention & Trade Center
Seattle, WA

http://www.sakuracon.org/

Guests include:
Troy Baker (Voice Actor)
Luci Christian (Voice Actress)
Dazzle Vision (Band)
Richard Epcar (Voice Actor)
Todd Haberkorn (Voice Actor)
High and Mighty Color (Band)
The Hsu-nami (Band)
Yasuhiro Imagawa (Writer/Director/Producer)
Noizi Ito (Manga Artist)
Vic Mignogna (Voice Actor)
Yutaka Minowa (Director)
Satoshi Nishimura (Director/Animator)
Tsuyoshi Nonaka (Mechanical Designer)
Brina Palencia (Voice Actress, FUNimation Entertainment)
Chris Patton (Voice Actor, ADV Films/FUNimation)
Wendy Powell (Voice Actress, FUNimation)
Soul Candy (Band)
Kent Williams (Voice Actor)
Takahiro Yoshimatsu (Character Designer)

noir3 wrote:

Cost: 60 dollars at the door 50 dollars pre reg. daily pricing is also available
Sakura-con in seattle, wa will be here april 2-4 it is going to be sooo awesome… plus they are going to screen a trigun movie even before the japanese release… they dont have the schedule up yet but check out the panels also more info on the main site here dont know how many of you are in or near seattle but this is a must come to Convention it never dissapoints.

I should be there. I was there last year, and it was a blast.

Let us pray:

No viral video this year… no viral video this year… no viral video this year… :wink:

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/a/ab/Girugameshguy.jpg

Haissan is in that video, lol.

As good a time as any to mention Sakuracon 2012 is in like 2 days.

Guest list --> http://www.sakuracon.org/programming/guests.php

Your’s truly will be hanging out at Sakura-Con this year with some of our partners from Sentai-Filmworks. If you’re attending, come find us and say “hello”. (It’s only polite :wink: )

They (and by extension, me, too) will have DVDs & BluRays for sale, plus the latest scoop on the new shows coming out this summer.
I’ll have some sweet info regarding a certain show that we all know & like… :whistle:

For more information visit: http://www.sakuracon.org/

SeattleJapanRelief and Sakura-Con

The earthquake in Japan, along with the tsunamis and aftershocks have stunned us all. ANCEA/Sakura-Con has many friends and family in Japan, and we all hope for their safety.

ANCEA/Sakura-Con has joined SeattleJapanRelief, a collaboration of Japanese American and Japan related cultural, educational and civic organizations standing together to promote relief and recovery following the devastating earthquakes and tsunamis in Japan. Please visit our website at: http://seattlejapanrelief.org/

ANCEA is offering a special “Thank You gift” to those Registered for Sakura-Con 2011 who donate to Japanese Earthquake and Tsunami Relief: Sakura-Con

Wow, Seattle??

I don’t think I’m allowed to go that far away from home. Perhaps ShawnMerrow can come and see you.

Wish I could but just raised my debt level recently by buying a computer. :frowning:

I understand, ShawnMerrow, if you can’t come see me… :frowning:

Got any tips on some good restaurants for me to check out while I’m in your fair city???

Oh, and tell you friends to come out!

I live on the other side of the state and been some time since my last visit to Seattle. From what I remember http://www.ivars.com/ has good seafood. I hear the restaurant on the Space Needle is nice but have never ate there. It actually slowly rotates so you can see the entire view as you eat.

I strongly suggest if you have time visit Pike’s Market and see them throw the fish. Also got some nice museums a zoo and a aquarium.

For the plane, my entire carry-on will consist of energy-drinks and beef jerky.

How are you going to get past that 3 oz. limit?

Slowhand wrote:

[quote]Inphy wrote:

How are you going to get past that 3 oz. limit?[/quote]

Oh, no!

I’ll just have to soak all the beef jerky in the energy drinks overnight.

Inphy wrote:

[quote]Slowhand wrote:

How are you going to get past that 3 oz. limit?

Oh, no!

I’ll just have to soak all the beef jerky in the energy drinks overnight.[/quote]

You are a GENIUS!
Wait… what kind of beef jerky?

Unfortunately Washington is about as far away from New York as one could possibly get while still being in the United States… So You won’t find me there… I couldn’t even manage to get to the New York Anime Festival, and I could have taken the train there… I never have any free time when fun stuff happens :frowning:

You guys will go all the way to Seattle, but won’t come to Ohyacon.

What’s up with that?

outlander wrote:

[quote]You guys will go all the way to Seattle, but won’t come to Ohyacon.

What’s up with that?[/quote]

Don’t feel bad. I can’t get anyone to go to Con-Nichiwa with me either. :frowning:

:dry: Wow, how can people not like the convention atmosphere? I gotta check on that one that was in Mobile a while back…

I wish I could go to every convention. Unfortunately, I can only be in so many places at once & the contraption I bought on the internet to make multiples of myself only gave me multiple personality issues…