Anime Expo News

[quote=psychopuppet]
Nozomi has Utena with the remastered video.[/quote]

That’s even better, and I’m betting it’s the reason it took so long to negotiate.

[quote=dragonrider_cody]

[quote=psychopuppet]
Nozomi has Utena with the remastered video.[/quote]

That’s even better, and I’m betting it’s the reason it took so long to negotiate.[/quote]

Was thinking it was it from the first day because of the pink coming soon.

Soranowoto is just a nice surprise.

3 box sets for Utena and will include the existing dub to.

High School of the Dead - Very cool
SORA NO WOTO - Very Cool

Revolutionary Girl Utena - Was not happy with the ending but loved it till then. Not sure if I will buy it but a great grab.

Between Nozomi’s licenses, K-On!, and High School of The Dead, this is the best AX in a LOOONG time.

So far I’m excited for Highschool of the Dead , Black Lagoon , and lastly Utena. K-on I’d be more excited if anyone ,but Bandai got it. Soranowoto I’ll buy to. Not really that excited for Hellsing Ultimate and Railgun since the did not get Index first as far as I know.

Railgun looks cool. I saw a clip of it at Anime Next. K-On I hear good things about. Soranowoto looks interesting and so does Highschool of the dead. Very glad that Black Lagoon Season 3 and more Hellsing Ultimate are coming. I had thought that Utena is second recent license by Right Stuff/Noazomi of a license of show that aired on Anime Network (El Hazard: Wanderers before) and didn’t have a american dvd license anymore. Just interesting note.

[quote=Supermutant]
I had thought that Utena is second recent license by Right Stuff/Noazomi of a license of show that aired on Anime Network (El Hazard: Wanderers before) and didn’t have a american dvd license anymore. Just interesting note.[/quote]

You are correct. I’m sure Nozomi is quite pleased with the free advertising.

I actually TAN would pick up a few more of their shows as well.

[size=16]RightStuf: AX 2010: RightStuf & Nozomi Entertainment Announce Revolutionary Girl Utena TV Series & Sora No Woto[/size]
July 2, 2010
Anime Expo 2010: New license and project announcements

Well I wonder if an/right stuff relationship in recent times that brought Maria Watches Over Us and Aria to Anime Network has a hand in it. ::Shrugs:: Was thinking out loud really on message boards.

Right Stuf is also apparently saying something about doing an “print featuring Azumanga Daioh”, as well as additional Aria and Clannad ones.

###AX 2010: Funi Adds Moyashimon, Shiki, Black Butler 2, More
posted on 2010-07-02 21:35 EDT

It’s good to see Ai Yori Aoshi get a new home and stay in print. The same can be said for Haibane Renmei. It’s actually a bit funny I’m more excited about the rescues than the actual new licenses…lol

I’m also happy to see the rest of Shakugan no Shana get picked up. I can’t say I’m surprised to see them grab it. But they better get Ocean for the dub, or I may have to pass on it.

Scratch that, there is a fourth. I am a bit interested in Shiki. Unfortunately, it will be streaming on Funi’s website, which is a recipe for failure. But they usually upload it elsewhere too.

I just always get a sick feeling in my stomach when I see big license binges like this. They very seldom turn out well.

Holy crap. Funimation just a lot good stuff for 2011.

FUNimation Panel:

[quote]My Bride is a Mermaid, Part 1
Available: July 20th
$49.98
Extras: Textless Songs[/quote]

[quote]Master of Martial Hearts - Complete Series
Available: August 10th
$34.98
Extras: Video Commentary with Japanese Voice Cast[/quote]

[quote]Casshern Sins, Part 1
Available: August 17th
Blu-Ray $54.98, DVD $49.98
Extras: Pre-Air Event & Textless Songs[/quote]

[quote]Corpse Princess, Part 1 & Part 2
Available: September 14th
Extras: Episode Commentaries, Textless Songs[/quote]

[quote]Hetalia, Season 1
Available: September 14th
$34.98
Extras: Episode Commentaries, Show Comments by Director Bob Shirahata, Parts 1-3, Sequence Comments, The Hidden History Within Hetalia
Season 1 & Season 2 come with a bandana[/quote]

[quote]Eden of the East Complete Series
Available: September 28th
Blu-Ray $59.98, DVD $54.98
Extras: TV Spot, Promo Video, Director Kamiyama & Original Designer Umino Interview, Kimura (Takizawa) & Hayami (Saki) Interview[/quote]

Simulcasts

Shiki - Starting July 8

Black Butler Season 2 - no date yet

Sekirei Season 2 - no date yet

The Legend of the Legendary Heroes - no date yet

Sengoku Basara Season 2 - no details

The Manliest Manly Show That’s Ever Manly Manlied Season 1 - no details <title?>

New Acquisitions
All coming 2011

Chrono Crusade
Gantz
Kaleido Star
Peace Maker Kurogane

New 'Stuff’
All coming 2011

Texhnolyze
Ai Yori Aoshi
Armitage III
Haibane Renmei
Hellsing TV
Lain
Tenchi Tokyo
Tenchi Universe
Tenchi Muyo OVAs
Tenchi Muyo movies
Darker Than Black Season 2
Shakugan No Shana Season 2 & movie/OVA
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
Toaru Majutsu no Index
Black Lagoon Season 3
Hellsing 5-7

Trigun Movie: Badlands Rumble (Coming 2011)
English Subtitled Premier Saturday, July 3 @ AX

WOW, Funi sure went on a spending spree this time.
I remember when ADV (R.I.P.) went on a similar spre, did not turn out good people.

Well, I guess might as well spend it all now, since they might not be able to do so once under a new owner and management.

Regardless, only interested in some of the new stuff. The rescues I already have, at least the ones I liked. Pooping it out again with a different licenser name on the cover ain’t gonna change the show or my opinion on it.

Still, my gut tells me something is afoot…oh wait, naw that’s just a kidney stone.
:X

LOL… :lol:
I just thought of something.
The reason Funi grabbed so much was because they used the money they were gonna used to pay for Eva’s 2.0 licensing fee, and at the last minute used it instead to get all these.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-07-03/aniplex-of-america-adds-durarara-anime
[size=20]AX 2010: Aniplex of America Adds Durarara!! Anime with Dub[/size]
posted on 2010-07-03 00:04 EDT
English dub cast to be announced at Otakon for January 2011 DVD release

Aniplex of America has announced at its Anime Expo panel on Friday that it licensed the Durarara!! television anime series. The company is planning an English dub, and the auditions for the dubbing cast are starting soon. The cast will be announced at Otakon, and the DVD release will ship in January of 2011. The official website has been launched at durararausa.com.

The Durarara!! anime adapts Ryohgo Narita’s “high-tension suspense action” light novels of the same name. After launching his earlier Baccano! light novel series, Narita set the “warped adolescent fantasy romance” of Durarara!! in a rowdy version of Tokyo’s Ikebukuro neighborhood in 2004. He has since written eight Durarara!! novel volumes, and they have already inspired a manga series in Square Enix’s G Fantasy magazine in 2009.

Update When asked at the end of the panel about licensing the Working!! anime series for America, Aniplex replied that it was working on it. However, Yosuke Kodaka (Aniplex of America, Licensing) clarified with ANN after the panel that his company is still negotiating on the title, and nothing has been finalized.

Nice job Aniplex. If they’re dubbing it, I hope they make it available somewhere besides the Bandai store. I will have to check this one out.

Now I wonder who’s dubbing it?

Meh. I’m excited for the HotD and Black Lagoon, but not much else. The Tenchi stuff might be cool too.

[quote=Slowhand]
FUNimation Panel @ AX 2010:

New 'Stuff’
All coming 2011

Texhnolyze
Ai Yori Aoshi
Armitage III
Haibane Renmei
Hellsing TV
Lain
Tenchi Tokyo
Tenchi Universe
Tenchi Muyo OVAs
Tenchi Muyo movies
Darker Than Black Season 2
Shakugan No Shana Season 2 & movie/OVA
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
Toaru Majutsu no Index
Black Lagoon Season 3
Hellsing 5-7

Trigun Movie: Badlands Rumble (Coming 2011)
English Subtitled Premier Saturday, July 3 @ AX[/quote]

Oh cool they got the rest of Tenchi I’ll double dip on those since hopefully its the better masters. Plus really want my Pioneer OVA set to have a back up. It’s over 10 years old now. Plus probably get Universe and Tokyo to save some space. Not like the disc Pioneer put out for any of those series were top notch video wise. So now that they got Index I guess I’ll buy Railgun.

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-07-03/aniplex-of-america-adds-durarara-anime
AX 2010: Aniplex of America Adds Durarara!! Anime with Dub
posted on 2010-07-03 00:04 EDT
English dub cast to be announced at Otakon for January 2011 DVD release

Aniplex of America has announced at its Anime Expo panel on Friday that it licensed the Durarara!! television anime series. The company is planning an English dub, and the auditions for the dubbing cast are starting soon. The cast will be announced at Otakon, and the DVD release will ship in January of 2011. The official website has been launched at durararausa.com.

The Durarara!! anime adapts Ryohgo Narita’s “high-tension suspense action” light novels of the same name. After launching his earlier Baccano! light novel series, Narita set the “warped adolescent fantasy romance” of Durarara!! in a rowdy version of Tokyo’s Ikebukuro neighborhood in 2004. He has since written eight Durarara!! novel volumes, and they have already inspired a manga series in Square Enix’s G Fantasy magazine in 2009.[/quote]

Hmmm wonder if that is Adult Swims third anime. I’d not imagine they’d dub something without a TV deal. Maybe it’s going on SYFY. Yes I do indeed hope this won’t be another to the Bandai Store exclusive.