I’ll be getting:
Tenchi(all of it)
DRRRR
Trigun Movie
Lain
Armitage III(all)
Hellsing TV

[quote=psychopuppet]
Hmmm wonder if that is Adult Swims third anime. I’d not imagine they’d dub something without a TV deal. Maybe it’s going on SYFY. Yes I do indeed hope this won’t be another to the Bandai Store exclusive.[/quote]

It’s possible, not very probable though from what I’ve heard about it.

[size=20]AX 2010: I.G: Right Stuf Has Utena Movie License[/size]
posted on 2010-07-03 20:32 EDT
I.G confirms upcoming co-production plans, new Ghost in the Shell comic

At its Anime Expo industry panel, the anime studio Production I.G revealed that Right Stuf has acquired the North American rights to the Revolutionary Girl Utena movie. Right Stuf had announced the Utena TV series at its panel the day prior.

I.G also confirmed that it is involved in Avi Arad’s upcoming live-action adaptation of Ghost in the Shell, and is working with Arad to create a new Ghost in the Shell comic titled “Innocent” (not to be confused with Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence). I.G is also currently working on two co-productions, one a kids’ series and the other a co-production with Singapore.

Update: I.G has told ANN after the panel that it “may participate” in Avi Arad’s upcoming live-action adaptation of Ghost in the Shell. The Innocent was not described as a Ghost in the Shell work.

Looks like they kind of spilled the beans about the Utena Movie. Good though cause while the CPM disc was one of the better DVD’s they put out it’s not without issues.

They’ve been doing that quite a lot recently. Guin Saga, HotD, Utena movie; wonder what’s next.

I didn’t have computer for the last two weeks so I am here and can finally say my thoughts…

1.You guys have been saying Funimation is going to die for about a year and a half and frankly you seem bitter that Funi can continuously dub and license tons of shows while ADV had to restructure to live.

2.I am sooooooooooo happy to see Hellsing Ultimate get more releases

3.Section 23 got the show of the season, Viz got a shonen, and Viz announced 6 simulcast, Crunchy today announced 2 more meaning we might be truly coming into an age of streaming, and I couldn’t be happier.

4.If Dulalala is available in good stores I will grab it, I mean, IT GOT A DUB!!!. You all sort of have to support them to help the industry.

None of my must licenses got licensed but I may grab Index and most likely will grab Hellsing. HSotD I will need to watch and the Moyashimon j-drama should be interesting to say the least.

[quote=mitamaking]
I didn’t have computer for the last two weeks so I am here and can finally say my thoughts…

1.You guys have been saying Funimation is going to die for about a year and a half and frankly you seem bitter that Funi can continuously dub and license tons of shows while ADV had to restructure to live.[/quote]

The Sojitz affair is still fresh in many people’s minds.

[quote=blakdragon7]

[quote=mitamaking]

1.You guys have been saying Funimation is going to die for about a year and a half and frankly you seem bitter that Funi can continuously dub and license tons of shows while ADV had to restructure to live.[/quote]

The Sojitz affair is still fresh in many people’s minds.[/quote]

Don’t forget Funimation’s sugar daddy is trying to get rid of them. :laugh:

They rescued more then anything. I found them rescuing more Geneon stuff kind of funny since they kept calling ADV and Geneon stuff toxic.

Like I said though I’ll double dip on most of the Tenchi stuff.

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=blakdragon7]

[quote=mitamaking]

They rescued more then anything. I found them rescuing more Geneon stuff kind of funny since they kept calling ADV and Geneon stuff toxic.

Like I said though I’ll double dip on most of the Tenchi stuff.[/quote]

None of us said we expected them to die any time soon. We just noted they are not immune to the problems plaguing the rest of the industry, as proved by the fact that their revenue and sales have been continually declining for almost two years. Unlike some of the other people online who have been hoping that Sentai/Section 23, Bandai, Nozomi, NIS, Media Blasters, and Aniplex go out of business because they don’t dub everything, we don’t want anymore anime distributors to go out of business.

I think with some of the improvements we’ve been seeing in the anime market, and the slight recovery in the economy, we are in a better situation than we have been in some time.

[quote=mitamaking]

I actually never saw anyone on this forum saying Funi was going to die. I’ve seen people say every American Publisher would die, but not Funi. They have the largest share in the North American market, so they should be in good shape for a awhile. I’ve seen bad blood, including myself, against Funi. I never liked ruthless, conniving business practices, but that’s just me.
Slick

[quote=dragonrider_cody]

[quote=psychopuppet]

[quote=blakdragon7]

[quote=mitamaking]

Like I said though I’ll double dip on most of the Tenchi stuff.[/quote]

None of us said we expected them to die any time soon. We just noted they are not immune to the problems plaguing the rest of the industry, as proved by the fact that their revenue and sales have been continually declining for almost two years. Unlike some of the other people online who have been hoping that Sentai/Section 23, Bandai, Nozomi, NIS, Media Blasters, and Aniplex go out of business because they don’t dub everything, we don’t want anymore anime distributors to go out of business.

I think with some of the improvements we’ve been seeing in the anime market, and the slight recovery in the economy, we are in a better situation than we have been in some time.[/quote]

I sure hope so; I don’t like everything Anime being just out of Texas. No offense to them; they’re talented, but I’ve always liked hearing NY and occasional LA dubs too. Let’s hope the economy gradually improves.

[size=20]Anime Expo 2011[/size]
[size=16]Friday, 7/1/2011:[/size]
• Starchild Records Panel - 11:00 AM
• NIS America Anime Panel - 12:15 PM
• Right Stuf & Nozomi Entertainment Industry Panel - 1:30 PM
• Aniplex of America Panel - 2:30 PM
• VIZ Media Panel - 4:15 PM
• FUNimation Industry Panel - 6:45 PM
• Danny Choo Panel - 8:00 PM**

[size=16]Saturday, 7/2/2011:[/size]
• Production I.G. Panel - 9:00 AM
• Crunchyroll Panel - 10:30 AM
• Robotech Industry Panel - 12:30 PM
• Digital Manga Publishing presents the Digital Manga Guild - 1:45 PM
• Bandai Entertainment Industry Panel - 4:30 PM
• BangZoom! Panel - 4:30 PM
• Gundam Official Panel by SUNRISE and BEI - 5:30 PM
• Right Stuf / Nozomi Entertainment Premieres - 7:00 PM
• FUNimation Sneak Peek - 8:00 PM
• Gundam 00 Panel with Mizushima - 9:00 PM
• JAST USA Bishoujo Game Panel [18+] - 11:00 PM

[size=16]Sunday, 7/3/2011:[/size]
• NIS America Video Game Panel - 12:00 PM
• The Gundam.com Panel - 12:00 PM
• Gundam Unicorn Focus Panel - 2:00 PM
• Durarara!! Panel hosted by Aniplex of America - 2:30 PM
• Sentai Filmworks Panel - 3:00 PM
• noitaminA Panel - 8:00 PM
• Shin Chan Writers Panel presented by FUNimation - 9:30 PM
• The Now and Future of Bishoujo Games [MangaGamer] - 10:30 PM

[size=16]Monday, 7/4/2011:[/size]
• Good Smile Company x Nitroplus Panel - 10:00 AM

[size=16]BANDAI ENTERTAINMENT, SUNRISE, BANDAI VISUAL ANNOUNCE ANIME EXPO 2011 SCHEDULE[/size]
by Bandai Entertainment on Friday, June 17, 2011 at 4:23pm

JUNE 17, 2011 (Cypress, CA) - Bandai Entertainment, Sunrise and Bandai Visual announced their activities and plans for Anime Expo 2011 today. Times and availabilities are subject to change without notice.

http://twitter.com/#!/bandaient/status/82936098929647616

[quote]Bandai Entertainment

Currently going over our announcements for Anime Expo®![/quote]

http://twitter.com/#!/bandaient/status/82959686378336256

[quote]Bandai Entertainment

“Please include this new title to announce.”[/quote]

###Anime Expo to Host 3 From High School of the Dead Crew
posted on 2011-06-21 16:00 EDT
Madhouse’s Tetsuro Araki, Masayoshi Tanaka, Kentaro Hashimoto to attend Los Angeles convention

###Aniplex FB Page: Aniplex of America Announces 2011 Anime Expo Event Schedule
by Aniplex USA on Tuesday, June 21, 2011 at 5:10pm

http://funimation.com/rojas/blog/funimation-presents-noitamina-at-anime-expo/194151
[size=20]FUNimation Presents: noitaminA at Anime Expo![/size]
Friday June 24, 2011 at 11:50 am by Rojas

If you’re heading to Anime Expo next weekend, make sure to catch the FUNimation Presents: noitaminA panel. FUnimation will be hosting this panel for Fuji TV to showcase certain titles in the noitaminA block available in the United States. Representatives from the industry will also be giving a historical retrospective and speak about simulcasts. Since this will be the first official noitaminA panel in the U.S. make sure to give them extra love!

There will also be several special noitaminA related announcements during the panel, and we will be giving a prize to everyone who attends. Our very own Charlene will be presiding. A prize just for showing up and sparkles? You can’t really beat that.

Panel will be held on Sunday, July 3rd from 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm in LACC 502 of the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Finalized NIS America’s Anime Expo 2011 Schedule is now up.

NIS AMERICA, INC. Booth # 801 SOUTH HALL ANIME EXPO 2011 Schedule

NIS America Booth Autograph Session: Miyuki Sawashiro
July 1st - 3:00 to 4:30 PM - NISA Booth Autograph Session
July 2nd - 12:45 to 2:00 PM - NISA Booth Autograph Session
July 2nd - 4:30 to 6:00 PM - NISA Booth Autograph Session

NIS America Booth Autograph Session: Sohei Niikawa
July 1st - 12:30 to 1:30 PM - NISA Booth Autograph Session
July 1st - 1:45 to 2:45 PM - NISA Booth Autograph Session
July 1st - 5:00 to 6:00 PM - NISA Booth Autograph Session
July 2nd - 10:00 to 11:00 AM - NISA Booth Autograph Session
July 2nd - 11:30 to 12:30 PM - NISA Booth Autograph Session
July 2nd - 2:30 to 3:30 PM - NISA Booth Autograph Session
July 3rd - 3:15 to 4:15 PM - NISA Booth Autograph Session
July 3rd - 5:45 to 6 PM - NISA Booth Autograph Session

Miyuki Sawashiro’s Anime Expo Schedule
July 1st - 1:15 to 2:15 PM Anime Expo Panel
July 1st - 5:00 to 6:00 PM Anime Expo Autograph Session
July 2nd - 10:00 to 11:00 AM - Anime Expo Autograph Session
July 2nd - 12:00 to 12:15 PM - Miyuki Sawashiro kicks of the Arakawa Under the Bridge Screening Session

Sohei Niikawa’s Anime Expo Schedule
July 3rd - 10:30 to 11:30 AM - Anime Expo Panel
July 3rd - 2:00 to 3:00 PM - Anime Expo Autograph Session
July 3rd - 4:30 to 5:30 PM - Anime Expo Autograph Session
July 4th - 10:00 to 11:00 AM - Anime Expo Autograph Session

NIS America Panels
July 1st - 12:15 to 1:15 PM - NIS America Anime Panel
July 3rd - 12:00 to 1:00 PM - NIS America’s Video Game Panel [/quote]

[size=16]RightStuf: Right Stuf & Nozomi Ent. Announce Schedule for Anime Expo 2011[/size]
Posted on: Monday, June 27, 2011

http://twitter.com/#!/animetoday/status/86120854030782464

[size=20]Right Stuf & Nozomi Acquisition Entertainment Announcements at Anime Expo 2011 & Comingsoon.rightstuf.com[/size]
Jun 29th 2011

Details revealed at approximately 5 p.m. EDT on Fri., July 1, 2011

WHO: Right Stuf Inc.'s Nozomi Entertainment
WHAT: Acquisition Announcements & More
WHEN: Friday, July 1, 2011 5 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. CT / 3 p.m. MT / 2 p.m. PT
WHERE: Visit comingsoon.Right Stuf.com ( http://comingsoon.Right Stuf.com ) to take part in the official countdown and chat and speculate about the announcement. - Follow Right Stuf and Nozomi on Twitter ( http://twitter.com/animetoday ) and Facebook ( Redirecting... Stuf ).

OR

Attend the Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment Industry Panel at Anime Expo 2011. (Location: LP 2 - Los Angeles Convention Center Rm. 502)

WHY: The year 2011 has been a busy one for Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment, with the releases of fan-favorite series, including Revolutionary Girl Utena, Dirty Pair TV, Antique Bakery, Sound of the Sky (Sora no Woto) and Junj? Romantica. What new projects will be added to the list?

ABOUT RIGHT STUF, INC. Currently celebrating its 24th year in business, Right Stuf, Inc. was one of the first players in the U.S. Japanese Animation (“anime”) industry, as both an anime producer/distributor and a retailer. Right Stuf works to promote knowledge of its own products, as well as the anime and manga industry, in general, through its online storefront at Right Stuf.com and a variety of media including podcasts and special publications.

Nozomi Entertainment, Right Stuf’s production division, is dedicated to the highest quality releases. True to the Japanese word that inspired its name, Nozomi’s focus is on “what fans want.” By focusing on a limited number of anime properties each year, the Nozomi production team ensures each release receives the care and attention to detail it deserves.

From anime classics like Astro Boy, Kimba and Gigantor to modern comedies, dramas and favorites such as The Irresponsible Captain Tylor, His and Her Circumstances, Gravitation, Ninja Nonsense, The Third: The Girl with the Blue Eye, Emma: A Victorian Romance, Maria Watches Over Us, ARIA, Gakuen Alice, Rental Magica, Dirty Pair, Junj? Romantica and Revolutionary Girl Utena, Right Stuf and Nozomi Entertainment produce quality programming for fans of all ages and interests. For more information, visit www.Right Stuf.com and www.nozomient.com.