As the Mecha Turns II

Sometime after the meal, several of the girls are taking.

Senko: "Maou seemed somewhat familiar with you, but I don’t recall meeting any of you before today, and it appears that Yami had never met you before either. When did y’all meet?

Thi: “Oh. That’s simple! We were with Psychopuppet’s group when he was hired to assassinate Maou!”

Yami jolts up. “What???”

Tazusa: “Well, we had just formed our squadron, and Psychopuppet was the assigned leader on our first job.”

Miriam: “I recall we were dispatched because of a demon trying to take over one of the worlds most powerful corporations.”

Mikan: “That does sound somewhat familiar.”

Thi: “Yeah. I can honestly say they could have sent a way more experienced team, and they still would have lost against him…”

Tazusa: “We even unloaded a Neunwelt Tactic on him…”

Mikan: “I’m gonna take it as that was your ultimate attack?”

Miriam sighs. “Yes. And he was barely phased by it…”

Tazusa: “The peculiar thing is he never actually attacked us back. To this day, I find that peculiar of a demon. If the Neunwelt Tactic barely scratched him, he probably could have ripped us to shreds in an instant, but he didn’t.”

Thi: “If you want to know the truth, during the battle, the floor collapsed, and he saved us from falling to our deaths.”

Tazusa: “He then said something about not wanting to kill anymore after being in “This Realm”.”

Miriam: “Maou and Psychopuppet became chummy after that. Turns out they have fairly similar interests.”

Tazusa: “So. What about you, Yami?” What’s the deadliest assassin in the universe doing in a place like this?"

Yami: “It’s kinda a long story. I first came to earth because of an assassination target myself. Through situations, I just couldn’t kill him. And with continuing interactions, I met his sister and was able to rekindle my relationship with my creator. We eventually fell in love.” Her expression saddens. “Then, one day, a different assassin was sent to put a hit on him. I was able to defeat the assassin, but he snapped psychologically, and sweared vengeance. He kept sending his subordinates, which I dispatched until one day he returned with a device that hindered my powers useless. I watched as the heart of my first love was impaled by multiple swords.” She begins tearing up. "I will never forget his last words.: “Yami. Run. Please. I want you to live and find another place where you can experience happiness.” "

The entire group is in tears at this point.

Yami: “I went into hiding with Mikan, Tearju, and Nemesis, who’s powers had been depleted significantly from a previous battle. At that point, I had decided as long as they were safe, I could pass on without regrets. So with everyone safe, I called out the assassin, and prepared myself for my end. I thought it would be over in an instant, but no. It felt like the battle lasted an eternity. Then, out of a miracle, that’s when I met Maou. The assassin attacked him, but Maou killed the assassin with one blow. I thought he would have taken the bounty on me, and even begged him to, but no.” Yami begins to blush. “He said I was beautiful, and refused to let me die.”

Mikan: “Right after then, that’s when me, Tear, and Neme first met Maou.” She points to Yami. “He arrived carrying her like a princess.”

Yami blushes harder.

Mikan: “We moved here after that.”

Tazusa: “Seriously?”

Mikan: “Yep.” She points to Yami again. “And this one was even able to find love again as well.”

Yami turns crimson and smoke rises from her head from embarrassment. “Mikan…

2 Likes

Shimakaze jumps on Yami and hugs her. With tears in her eyes: “Big sis! That’s true? You never told me you almost died!”

Yami has a look of shock. “Yes Shima. That happened long before Tearju revived you.” She smiles. “But don’t worry. I’m still here.”

Shimakaze starts crying harder. “Big sis! I don’t want to lose you!!!”

Suddenly, Nemesis pops out of Shimakaze’s body. “What’s all this racket? I’m trying to take a nap!”

Shimakaze: “Big sis Yami told me she was almost killed!!!”

Nemesis: “Oh yeah. I guess we hadn’t told you about that, did we?”

Senko hugs Shimakaze. “Here now dearie. Calm down. Yami is safe. You have nothing to worry about.”

Mikan: “Wow. She’s in full force waterworks right now. Hey. We should take her to her room.”

Senko: “Yes. Let’s.” She turns to the Hitotsuyanagi squad. “Sorry to cut the conversation short.”

Tazusa, Thi, and Miriam: “It’s fine. Goodnight.”

The girls lead Shimakaze to her room.

Yami sits on Shimakaze’s bed, and has Shima lay on her lap. “There there. That’s in the past. Your big sis is here, and she loves you.”

Shimakaze: “Big sis… Big sis…”

Yami: “You all can go on. I’ll stay with Shima until she falls asleep.”

2 Likes

Shimakaze: “Big sis…”

Yami: “Shima, it’s okay. I didn’t die.”

Shimakaze: “But… But… But… I know that pain! I’ve died before! That feeling of despair. All the sorrow, all the regret!”

Yami: “That wasn’t the only time I nearly perished, there were plenty of times when I nearly died. That was my old life. You know I was an assassin when I first arrived on earth, yes? Being surrounded by death was part of my everyday life.” A sorrowful look comes across her face. “The amount of lives I’ve taken, it’s insurmountable. Every day that is my regret and burden. All the lives I’ve personally cut short. My hands are stained to the core with the blood I’ve shed.” She begins tearing up. “I’m a killer too.”

Shimakaze: “Big sis! Don’t cry too!”

Yami: “I can’t change the past. If I could, I would have escaped with Tearju before Eden tried to kill her! Before any of this happened.”

Shimakaze: “But that means Neme would be an assassin in your place! And if that’s the case, I might have never been resurrected, or have met you!”

Yami: “Those facts are true. Our lives could be significantly different.”

Shimakaze: “No! I need you!” She hugs Yami, and kisses her on the cheek. “I love you big sis!”

Yami displays a warm smile, and returns Shimakaze’s kiss on the cheek. “I love you too Shima. :heart: Don’t worry. I’m here with you.”

Mikan, Senko, and Neme enter the room.

Mikan: “Sister waterworks, huh?”

Nemesis runs over to Yami and Shima. “Don’t leave me out!” She hugs both of them.

Senko: “Here. I brought some snacks. Let’s all enjoy them together. :heart:

2 Likes

Nemesis: “Shima, you really were worked up.” She ponders a moment. “Are you okay now?”

Shimakaze: “I feel a lot better now, thanks to big sis.”

Yami: “We had a long talk. She had just gotten worked up over hearing that.”

Senko: “Shima, would you like to lay on my tail for a little bit?”

Shimakaze: “I’d love to!”

Senko sits down, and Shimakaze lays her head on Senko’s tail. “So soft!”

Mikan: “You look sad too Yami. Tell me what’s wrong.”

Yami: “Heh. You know me too well, Mikan. I was just telling Shima about my life as an assassin, and how many lives were culled by these hands.” She turns her right hand into a blade. “It saddens me that I can’t return the lives my blade has taken.” She looks downward. “This blade is one of the sharpest, deadliest things in the universe.”

Suddenly, Mikan grabs her blade hand, and squeezes it.

Yami: “Mikan! What are you doing?”

Mikan smiles, then releases Yami’s blade. Her hands appear uninjured. “See Yami? You’re not deadly. There’s not even a scratch on me from that! Your blade wasn’t even hard.”

Yami: “That’s because I changed the molecular composition of my blade the second you started to grab it. Hurting you is the last thing I ever would want to do.”

Mikan: “Aww. Yami! You’re such a softie!”

Yami’s eyes dart. “No I’m not.”

Mikan hugs her. “Yes you are! And all of us know you didn’t honestly want to hurt anyone.” She embraces her harder. “You’re as soft as mochi!”

Yami blushes. “Mikan…”

Everyone laughs.

2 Likes

Later that evening, the girls are leaving Shimakaze’s room.

Yami: “Good night everyone.”

Nemesis: “Night.”

Shimakaze: “I love you all!”

A few minutes later, Yami is sitting on her own bed, with her hand turned into a blade. Her mind wanders to the conversation she had earlier with the other girls, when Maou enters the room.

Yami: “Hey. What have you been up to?”

Maou: “Nothing much. Pup wanted to show me the upgrades he made to his impact rifle.” He laughs. “It blew up a car with one shot.”

Yami looks down at her blade. “So it’s a powerful weapon, like me and my very own cold hard steel.”

Maou walks up to Yami and grabs her blade hand, then proceeds to nuzzle it.

Yami: “Wawawawawhat? Maou! Don’t! My blade is sharp! It can hurt you! First Mikan, now you! Has everyone gone crazy today?”

Maou: “You may be able to form blades, but you’re not a weapon Yami. Also, your blade isn’t cold and hard. It’s warm and soft, just like you.”

Yami begins blushing. “Thank you Maou.”

Maou: “Feel a little better?”

Yami smiles gently. “Yeah.” She pauses a moment, then looks down then back at Maou. “Can we cuddle?”

1 Like

Yami and Maou are laying down, Yami resting her head on Maou’s arm.

Maou: “What’s been going on Yami? You’ve seemed a little down since Pup brought Skadi here.”

Yami: “Don’t worry about it Maou. It’s nothing.”

Maou: “It means everything to me. You know my greatest wish is your happiness.”

Yami: “Well…” She lowers her gaze, then looks Maou directly in eyes. “Please promise you won’t get mad first.”

Maou: “You have my word.”

Yami: “When Skadi and I first met, right after she recovered, she was terrified of me. She was screaming, saying that I was going to kill her. After Senko and I subdued and calmed her down, she still originally wouldn’t trust me.” She shuffles. “I’ve been doing a lot of thinking since then. About my past. About all of what I’ve done. I am a living weapon after all, and I’ve culled so many lives.”

Maou: “Is that why you were asking me if I was afraid of you the other day?”

Yami: “Yes.”

Maou: “You can’t change what’s happened in the past, but you can live happy in this moment. From the moment we’ve met, you’ve brought me nothing but happiness. I’ve told you before, but never once have I been scared of you. You bring me peace. Besides, you’re so kind and gentle, I don’t know why anyone would fear you.” He pauses for a moment. “You know, that thought ponders in the back of my head once in a while. I’m a demon, and you’ve seen my true form. I even killed someone right before your eyes. You had to have been scared of me at one point, right?”

Yami: “Not once. You saved me at one of the darkest points of my life! The person whom you killed was the one who was trying to take my life! I’m alive to this day thanks to you! I love you Maou! :heart:

Maou: “I love you too Yami! You mean the world to me!”

Yami: “And you to me.” SMOOCH

Maou: “Yeah, my cuddly angel.” SMOOCH

Yami gets up. “Give me a second.” A moment later, she returns, clad in her Darkness outfit. Seductively: “Would you like to indulge in the darkness, or would you prefer to get “checked up” by a nurse tonight? :heart:

2 Likes

The following morning, Mikan is speaking with Shimakaze.

Shimakaze: “Last night, mom told me to meet up with her today at my boat body. You wouldn’t mind coming along, would you?”

Mikan: “Why would you need me?”

Shimakaze: “She said it had to do with the Rensouhou’s cooking systems. You and Senko are the best cooks I know, but Senko said she was busy this morning.”

Mikan: “That’s right. Senko has breakfast duty today.” She thinks a moment. “What about Maou?”

Shimakaze: “Big bro Maou has been really busy recently, so l kinda don’t want to bother him.”

Mikan: “Then I don’t mind helping you Shima. :heart:

Yami enters the room, with an exausted yet euphoric expression. Shimakaze runs over to her and gives her a hug. “Big sis! Good Morning! :heart:

Yami “Good morning Shima.” She returns her hug. “Morning Mikan.”

Mikan: “Hi Yami. We were just going over to Shima’s boat body. Want to come along?”

Shimakaze: “Please, big sis?”

Yami: “I don’t mind.”

Shimakaze: “Yay!”

As they are leaving the room, Mikan slides over to Yami, and begins whispering to her. “There’s something I wanted to mention to you, but don’t want Shima to hear.”

Yami: “Hm? What is it?”

Mikan: “You and Maou may want to invest in some soundproofing. Y’all kept me up all last night, it was almost like I was in the room with you…”

Yami is taken aback. “Whawhawhat aaaaaare you saying Mikan?” Blushing, as she darts her eyes: “I have no idea what you’re talking about…”

Mikan displays a smug smile. “Oh really? Perhaps this might jog your memory.” She begins imitating Yami: “Maou, who’s your cuddle muffin of darkness?”

Yami shoves both of her hands over Mikan’s mouth as she glows redder than the sun.

“MIKAN!!!”

Mikan pulls away, clutching her sides laughing.

1 Like

A little later, the girls arrive at Shimakaze’s boat body. Tearju, Ueno, and Maou are already there.

Tearju: “Oh, good! You’re here already! Shima, you wouldn’t mind calling the Rensouhous, and having them go into grill mode, would you?”

Shimakaze: “Not at all mom! Ichi, Nii, San! Grill mode!”

The three grills materialize right in front of her.

Ueno: So Maou has an idea that he wanted to try out. The Rensouhous already incorporate the grill technology we’d been working on, so why not increase that capacity?"

Shimakaze: “Huh? I’m lost…”

Maou: “Okay then Shima, what if the Rensouhous could transform into other equipment?”

Tearju: “Ueno and I have been working on a high powered convection oven that can cook practically anything!”

Ueno: “The problem is it’s still in a prototype phase, and kinda temperamental.”

Tearju: “I was testing cooking a chicken in it yesterday, and when I opened the door, the fan strength blew my clothing off…”

Yami: “MOM!!!”

Ueno: “We could try to implement them as they are and fine tune them as we go, but it’s ultimately your decision Shima. It’s technically your body after all.”

Shimakaze: “I’m willing to try it out. It should be a little easier since I can now do dark matter trans after all.”

Mikan: “So… Why did you need me here again?”

Tearju: “We need someone to make the recipes to try out in the units. And I’m not exactly a good cook…”

Mikan: “Ah. Gotcha.”

Yami: “I’ll help you out Mikan.” She then trans an apron over her clothing."

Maou: “YAMI’S IN AN APRON!!!” He then has a nosebleed and faints.

Yami: “MAOU!!!”

Mikan: “Every time…”

1 Like

Suddenly, Nemesis pops out of Shimakaze.

Shimakaze “Big sis Neme! You’re finally awake?”

Nemesis yawns. “I so can’t do mornings…” Looking over, she sees Maou passed out in a puddle of blood, with Mikan and Yami hovering over him. “What happened this time?”

Mikan: “Yami put on an apron.”

Nemesis: “Sigh. I’ll fix this.” She begins whaling on Maou with the force of 1000 suns."

Shimakaze: “Neme stop! You’ll kill him!”

Nemesis: “This should be child’s play to anyone who I call my slave!”

Maou regains consciousness. “Letting me off easy today, huh Neme?”

Nemesis blushes as she stomps his face. “I told you to call me master!”

Yami: “Let him be, Neme.”

Nemesis: “Okay. Fine then Yami.”

Mikan: “So I noticed you apparated out of Shimakaze again. Is it cause she can use dark matter trans?”

Nemesis: “Well… Yes and no. I can’t lie when I say I recuperate significantly faster when I’m synced up with Shima, but it’s not exactly that. Truthfully speaking, I’ve gotten attached to her. It’s nice having a little sister of my own. I’ve always been the younger “project” sister of Yami, so it’s a nice feeling having someone who looks up to you.”

Shimakaze: “Awwww!!! Big sis Neme! I love you too! :heart:” She runs over and hugs Nemesis.

Everyone: “Awww!”

1 Like