[/size]

Bamboo Blade info on ANN

[quote]Genres: comedy, slice of life, tournament
Themes: kendo, moe, sports
Number of episodes: 26
Vintage: 2007-10-01 to 2008-03-31
Objectionable content: Mild

Plot Summary:
Toraji Ishida is a high school kendo teacher. His friend and fellow kendo teacher makes him a bet: if Ishida can assemble a girls’ kendo team that can defeat his girls’ team in a practice match, he’ll treat Ishida to free meals at his father’s sushi restaurant for a whole year. Now Ishida must find five girls to join the team. [/quote]

I’m only up to episode 4 currently, but this is actually turning out to be rather cool.
So far I’m quite enjoying this one.

I’ve been wanting to see this, I’ll have to check it out on Funi’s site.

Looks like fun. I will check it out as well.

Its a fun series and well worth watching. Its on my buy list.

This is actually a series I’ve been wanting to check out since I saw a friend of mine reading this before Kendo class while I was in Japan.

Well, it was nice of them to put up the second half of the dubbed episodes before the DVD release, but it looks like they’re gone now.

:frowning: And just when I noticed that they were up too.
I guess I should have marathoned last night after all.

What I like is they gave each girl a unique personality and reason for doing Kendo.

I watched it all fansubbed, need to grab it, want a season 2.

Looks like they’re adding the dub to their video portal.
So those that missed it when it was on YT before the 2nd DVD release, will get another shot at it on their player if you would like to watch it before purchasing it.

So It seems, I got my best friend interested in this series after I changed my desktop pic to angry Tama-chan…

So I guess I’m not going to be finishing up the series as soon as I thought I would, since I’m going to be watching it with her (watched the first 2 episodes last night).

On the up side though, this will be the 3rd time watching the first 13 episodes in the last month and a half, and I still love every minute of it!

So, we finished up this series the other day.

Man that was an awesome ride!
I really hope they decide to make a second season for this, it’s definitely worth it (at least to me).
This series might actually bump Death Note out of my Top 5 and replace it, but I’m not sure as of yet.
It definitely has more re-play value than Death Note to me though, so that might actually be the deciding factor.

What’s so good about it? I may check it out down the line when the complete set comes out, if I can.

For me (as well as my best friend), it hits closer to home since we both took Kendo classes for a few years.

But to go along with that…
The comedy is actually really well done, the overall intensity of the action sequences as well as the overall good animation, and a good solid story with good charater developement throughout (save for one case, but she’s American, so it’s kind of a given).

I’ve been watching this over the past few days. It has been surprisingly entertaining. I was worried that it would involve some of the generic high-school-anime stuff that I hate (AKA KyoAni-esque weak girl main characters) because it involved high school, but I was very wrong :D.

Tama has got to be one of my favorite characters from any anime. I absolutely love her anime-inspired attitude!The dub has been especially awesome. Every single character sounds terrific - this might be one of my favorite dubs!

A second season would be cool.

Absolutely agree with you Coffee, this was a great show and deserves a second season!

It really does, though I don’t know if it’ll ever happen.
I haven’t seen any Japanese sales figures for this series, so I’m not sure how well it did.

If it did fairly well, there’s a chance.
However, if it didn’t meet the expectations for the high production cost this series had, there’s very little chance well see another season for it.