Koi Koi Seven

[size=16]Koi Koi Seven[/size]

[quote]Genres: comedy, romance
Themes: ecchi, harem, parody, robot girl, school
Plot Summary: Tanaka Tetsuro is excited at getting a full scholarship at a new high school, far away from his family. What he does not know is that he will be the only boy in an all girl school, and that there is a girl head-over-heels in love with him, waiting for his arrival. But his special friendship with the very cute and dynamic Asuka also causes him to get into a lot of trouble with the powerful student council leadership, as they are at open war with Asuka and her five friends, a group of super amazon warriors called the Koi Koi Seven.
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2005-04-03 to 2005-06-26 [/quote]
ANN Info Page

Just finished up the first episode.

Wow…just, wow.
This series is way ecchi.

Rather fun, but way ecchi.

So now I’m curious about this.
I looked on RSI and there’s no DVDs to be found on there, and all Amazon has is imports.

Is ADV going to be releasing this on DVD some time in the future (unspoken license acquisition), or is this just a VOD deal with Enoki Films?

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
So now I’m curious about this.
I looked on RSI and there’s no DVDs to be found on there, and all Amazon has is imports.

Is ADV going to be releasing this on DVD some time in the future (unspoken license acquisition), or is this just a VOD deal with Enoki Films?[/quote]

Just a VOD deal this and Izumo: Flash of a Brave Sword no one ever picked up.
Maybe if they do well here ADV would consider it.
Other important thing is both series have never been shown in full legally here.

Enoki has quite a few titles no one has touched. A few of them look like gems.
http://www.enokifilmsusa.com/

It’s like Kujibiki Unbalanced only not a parody, yeah…

Enoki USA has a lot of stuff that would be nice in ADV’s library.

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
Just finished up the first episode.

Wow…just, wow.
This series is way ecchi.

Rather fun, but way ecchi.[/quote]

Nothing to add that PP didn’t cover already.

I just saw a few images of this series and indeed it looks quite intriguing. :wink: I can’t wait to see it on the Online Player.

Here is my thoughts on this series:

Blue, Red, Yellow and Purple Panites.
Promtly has nose bleed.

3 episodes in now.

Definitely a fun series, but like I said, way ecchi, full on nipple shots and all.

Despite that though, I’m actually quite enjoying this one.

Finished up the series with this weeks update.

[details=spoiler]This was a fun series, though the ecchi was way over the top most of the time.

The last episode annoyed the hell out of me though.
So episode 12 ends all dramatically with a cliffhanger of sorts, and yet, episode 13 rolls around and completely changes gears back to the fun loving Koi Koi Seven/Gokoh Five battling, ecchi beach style, with barely a brush mention about what happened in the end of the previous episode.

It’s like they completely forgot about what they were building up to for the plot and decided to go back to the fun part of the story, and in mid-production of the last episode, they finally remembered where they were and decided to throw in a little 30-60 second vague flashback which failed miserably at explaining what happened. Not to mention, ending this episode with an abduction that makes absolutely no sense, and doesn’t even have a rhyme or reason for being in the story at all.[/details]

I need to start on this soon once I get the chance, via the Online Player. Based on what you say, it sounds up my alley. :smiley:

From what I’ve seen, yeah, you’ll probably like it.
It has a plot of sorts, but it’s basically a fluffly ecchi for ecchi sake, with mechs, guns/rpgs/lasers, and ass kicking girls using them all.

Sounds good! :smiley:

[quote=dragoon]
Sounds good! :D[/quote]

The Koi Koi Seven fanservice.

[quote=SpaceCobraJoe]

[quote=dragoon]
Sounds good! :D[/quote]

The Koi Koi Seven fanservice.[/quote]

Hah, I better not watch it with kids around. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=dragoon]
Hah, I better not watch it with kids around. :P[/quote]

:blink: Not a good idea! That would be like watching an uncensored Air Gear with kids around…aka No crow for Ecchi-kun (Ikki)

Bringing back this thread from pages back, mainly because I saw the first two episodes just now.

Anyway, this show is pretty much what happens when uber-fanservice mixes with the harem genre and has an extreme case of ADD… And yet it’s actually enjoyable, even though it more than likely shouldn’t be. I am honestly and amusingly surprised by this title. If Sentai was the release this show on DVD I would honestly consider buying it. Of course, watching this show just makes me wish that TAN had more of Enoki’s unlicensed titles streamed with English subtitles, like Jibaku-kun -Twelve World Story-, Captain Tsubasa Road to 2002, and the J9 mech anime series (Braiger, Baxinger, and Sasuraiger).

Reminder: This series will be expiring from the Online Player on Friday (April 15).

###Discotek Media FB: Koi Koi 7, DVD in September
July 18, 2016

###Discotek Licenses Koi Koi Seven Anime
posted on 2016-07-18 17:00 EDT

Crunchyroll Adds Koi Koi Seven Anime to Catalog

posted on 2017-08-17 18:00 EDT
Discotek released series on DVD last year

Crunchyroll: Regions listed for Koi Koi Seven

posted on 2017-08-18 14:30 EDT