Blood-C

I could not help but notice that when Saya left her school, we didn’t see a single vehicle on the streets, nor did we see a single other person, even in the middle of town, until she arrived home.

I have to wonder if this has some deeper significance, or if it was simply a method employed to reduce animation cost, and it was thought (apparently rightfully so) that few would take any notice of it.

The first episode wasn’t quite what I expected, but I’ll continue to watch it. I’m sure it will grow on me!

I really love the school uniforms.

Finished up ep. 02

Hmm, seems to be more of the same as episode 1.
Not much if any story progression, or even the basic why things are happening.

[details=spoiler]Since I’ve watched both the Blood movie and Blood+, I’m familiar with the Blood lore, but beyond Saya’s abnormal atheltic ability in sports from episode 1, I’m really begining to wonder if she is a vampire in this one.

She’s more like the cliche of a really klutzy, glasses wearing, absent-minded blonde than anything else.[/details]

So far, the only thing actually keeping me watching this is that I like the animation.

I agree - not much of a story yet, although they did mention why the town is so empty.

spoiler

Saya is really clumsy and doesn’t seem to have a very strong personality. The fights are so-so for now. But she sure must go through a lot of school uniforms!

I can say that the first episode left me scratching my head.

Something better happen next episode or I’m dropping it like a rock. SO BORING.

Was not to impressed by the second episode either. The animation during the fight flowed a little better ,but the series as of two episode is looking like something I may drop. Least this is only 12 episodes instead of 50 of mostly crud. The Teacher and the Father are about the only designs I actually like. This just seems like lets tell a story of a schoolgirl and then throw in a monster of the week formula. Make sure its really uneven and the schoolgirl parts get more show then the monsters though. Also lets put in a hard ass the main character likes and don’t forget the annoying twins. Should we add the friend in the wheelchair? Nah that may be a little to much plus that is more Sunrises stick. Well how about the lesbian friend. That is a possibility, but we will do it slow if we go with that angle. Can we at least throw in a strange dog that hangs out around a shrine that will play a bigger part later. Sure why not.

I love it when you go off on little tangents!

This one, I agree with wholeheartedly.

Second episode was just as dull as the first. Making this show 12 episodes is the worst thing it could do by the way. It needs 50 episodes to actually make a plot it seems but no, it will be “Saya” going to the dullest school in anime then beating a monster for no reason for 12 episodes. I cannot see this show being any sort of hit in America like the movie or show that preceded it because it has nothing, and is so obviously made for the Japanese.

Hard to believe I was excited for this show.

Finished up ep. 03

You know, this series had so much potential as a concept before it aired.
Now that the first three episodes are down, with nine more to go, I begin to wonder if they actually could screw this up any more than they already have.

I’ll finish this up to the very end, only because I really hate not finishing stuff, though it’s definitely going to be a chore to finish this one.

One of the things that seriously bugging me, particularly with ep. 03…

How in the world can the twins be sooo blatently stupid?
Not to mention, so damn annoying.

The show does seem to be dragging a bit and I’m still waiting for something big to happen or some kind of revelation to be made. But I’ll keep watching as well.

Don’t forget about the movie. Production I.G and CLAMP will probably just toss all the plot in there. Or maybe it’ll just be two hours of Saya clumsily trying to make guimauve for her daddy; hard to say.

There are only two thing that can save this show

1.I’ll call it the Rhaxephon twist

Has anyone ever left the city, or come in? The train was obviously out of service, and Saya doesn’t even own a tv to see the outside world

2.It all turns out this a dream of Saya from Blood + during her 20 year sleep, she wakes up goes out and the world is on fire

Those are the best 2 things this show can pull.

Third was a turd.

Seriously really not liking this. I think it may just beat out Blood+ as one of my least favorite series if this keeps up.

Finished up ep. 04

Bleh…

We start to get some semblance of a plot, but really, this episode was just more of the same.

The comments on NicoNico’s player make this show so much more entertaining. Seriously.

Episode 4 felt like more of the same. Got a little more info, but not a lot.

[quote=eyeofpain]
The comments on NicoNico’s player make this show so much more entertaining. Seriously.[/quote]

And much more annoying.
That’s one of the features carried over from NND that I wish they would have left with NND.

They can be easily disabled, but a true fullscreen feature would be nice.

[quote=eyeofpain]
They can be easily disabled, but a true fullscreen feature would be nice.[/quote]

Yes they can, which is what I do.
I just wish it wasn’t carried over in the first place.

But yeah, true fullscreen would be nice, even at the lower quality res they’re using.
The closest we can get is pressing F11 making the browser fullscreen.