Blood Plus / Blood+

Blood+ / Blood Plus

Genres: action, drama, horror, mystery, supernatural
Themes: monsters, vampires
Objectionable content: Intense
Plot Summary: Throughout the passage of time and the shifts in backgrounds, a particular war continues to leave its mark on history, extending its influence into the modern world. There are two large groups involved in the ensuring war. The first group consists of monsters known as Chiropterans who can change their appearances into that of human beings. They are actually immortals who feed on the blood of the living. The second group is an organization known as the “Red Shield”, formed to track down these monsters and exterminate them. Otonashi Saya is a high-school girl who lives a peaceful life with her family. The only problem is, she has no recollections of her life beyond that of the past year. However, her happy life will be destroyed by an event that will lead her to her destined fate.
Number of episodes: 50
Vintage: 2005-10-08 to 2006-09-23[/quote]

ANN Info Page

I really, really liked this anime, a lot. The mystery surrounding Saya, the main character, and her background, was riveting. They didn’t give too much away too fast.

The action scenes were great, I loved those… and the music was hauntingly beautiful.

I think I’ll probably be watching this again.

This is amazing news. I was wondering if they would air it again. It was a great series. I agree with you. The story. The action. The music.

I also saw the anime movie a couple of times, but wasn’t crazy about it. I was so happy when they expanded the story with the series. 200% better!

When I heard about the live action film, I got all excited too. Then I saw the reviews, so I skipped it. I thought that was a shame. It had the potential to be something really good and spark some outside interest in anime.

Anyway, I am marking my calendar! Thanks for the news!

I hear PP whispering blah, blah, blah in the distance. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a mixed bag. Very good series marred by long and pointless episodes that retread and drag.

If the series had done away with maybe 40-60% of those episodes, and the monster designs (weren’t hideous), action scenes were not as good as they should have been - this isn’t Production IG level animation and production, but probably cause they had too many episodes to deal with in this case.

But even with its flaws, the story is the best aspect of this series. It’s rewarding - it’s just a shame there was so much here that shouldn’t have been here - where the replay value is diminished. I know PP shares similar views as I as we had discussed it at length during the first viewing.

I also recall loving the ending.

Still a very good show though, especially the first time. It’s worth watching - if only once.

Yea, I’m gonna wind up buying it. I caught partial episodes on both sides of where AS split it up. Seemed to me the first episodes were better…

Blood+ is like $200. Get that piggy bank out!

Way overpriced imo.

I respond to Blah Plus with “MEH” once again.

Show just runs way to long its like they tried to spread 26 episodes of content over 50 episodes. The candy at the end was just not worth the trip. Sure they gave us some treats along the way ,but still just to long of trip for that candy.

Sony to add insult to it all released the show with dubtitles and then just now announced the second set for 10/20/2009.

WHOA!!! Had no idea they made that many episodes! I mean they had the story to take it that far, yea… Wow, there’s a good discussion: what it takes to ruin an anime.

I WANT TRINITY BLOOD!!! Blood+ Is over rated, don’t watch…

[quote=Ultimate_Mega_Man_X]
I WANT TRINITY BLOOD!!! Blood+ Is over rated, don’t watch…[/quote]

Ha. Ha ha. At least Blood+ had a good ending. I also liked this series. It has its ups and downs, but overall it was entertaining.

It would be awesome if they brought back Trinity Blood as well!!

PP ^____________________________^

[quote=LadyOfWicca]

It would be awesome if they brought back Trinity Blood as well!![/quote]

Uh-oh. Be careful… some will laugh at you… not me, of course.

So this… this means we get to see more of Hagi? -swooning already-

[quote=PretearHimeno]
So this… this means we get to see more of Hagi? -swooning already-[/quote]

I was trying not to be so… obvious.

Meanwhile, you’re highfiving me while wearing a “I’d totally f*ck Hagi if he were real!” tee-shirt. Not very subtle Slow.

well, Hagi (in multiple, would that be Haggis?) aside, this wasn’t too bad of a show, but as soon as I saw the title of the post I knew it must be because they’re finally putting out the second set on this. I wonder how much it’s costing Sony to get it rerun… and how much cheaper the box sets would be without it?

[quote=rebecca12]
well, Hagi (in multiple, would that be Haggis?) aside, this wasn’t too bad of a show, but as soon as I saw the title of the post I knew it must be because they’re finally putting out the second set on this. I wonder how much it’s costing Sony to get it rerun… and how much cheaper the box sets would be without it?[/quote]

No telling with the way those things are made, so he may be part haggis. :S

Blood+ was a good show, but a little long - one season too long.
Too many pointless eps. that didn’t really go anywhere or add to the show.
The live action movie was a decent flick. Nothing to go out and pay full price for the DVD, maybe when it’s 5-10 dollars.
But neither of them can compare with the original anime movie. Short, sweet, to the point - keeps her mysterious and uncompromising. Don’t truly know whether to cheer for her or be wary of her true motivations.

Trinity Blood - now that was a letdown.
Exact words that came out of my mouth once the last ep. aired - "whaaa, that’s it. WTF?!"
Maybe the 2nd season will…oh, wait…there is NO second season.

[quote=Slowhand]

[quote=LadyOfWicca]

It would be awesome if they brought back Trinity Blood as well!![/quote]

Uh-oh. Be careful… some will laugh at you… not me, of course.[/quote]

That’s ok. I am very used to being laughed at, picked upon, etc. No worries people. I like what I like. Hit me with your best shot! I care not! :laugh: