Ruinous Hurricane Fiona reaches Category 4 as it moves north, leaving disaster-stricken areas to begin slow road to recovery
The good news is the invasive fly does not sting or bite humans. But they do tremendous harm to plants and trees.
All of you Florida folks, be safe!!
@mgosdin you be safe!!!
You and Yami stay safe too!
Floridians brace for the arrival of Tropical Storm Ian, which may strengthen to become the state’s first major hurricane in 4 years
Floridians brace for the arrival of Tropical Storm Ian, which is forecast to rapidly intensify on Sunday
Hoping everyone in Florida will be safe and sound!!! Stay safe, friends!!!
That sounds a bit more accurate…
Not being insensitive… Just stating a true fact as a Floridian…
- Hurricane Ian made landfall in western Cuba early Tuesday morning
- The Category 3 storm is packing maximum sustained winds of 125 mph and life-threatening storm surge
Hurricane Ian live tracker: Millions of Floridians brace for Hurricane Ian’s potentially devastating impact
Hurricane Ian strengthens into a Category 4 storm on its way to Florida as residents warned to get out now
- Hurricane Ian has strengthened into a Category 4 storm, just two miles shy of a Category 5, as it is expected to make landfall on Florida’s west coast early afternoon.
- The storm packs winds that stretch outward up to 40 miles from its center, and some of the worst conditions — including catastrophic floods and life-threatening storm surge — will take place in the next few hours.
UPDATE: 2:50pm CT
- Hurricane Ian made landfall along the southwestern coast of Florida near Cayo Costa as a powerful Category 4 storm. It’s one of the strongest hurricanes to make landfall on the west coast of the Florida peninsula.
2 hours ago
Hurricane Ian downgraded to Category 1 storm
By Patrick Reilly
Hurricane Ian has been downgraded to a Category 1 storm, according to Fox Weather.
The hurricane is still battering Florida with winds gusts up to 90 miles per hour. Ian had been downgraded to a Category 2 hurricane about two hours earlier.
The storm is currently about 70 miles south of Orlando as it trudge’s northeast across the state at around 8 miles per hour towards the Atlantic Ocean, where it is expected to continue north up the coast.
- Storm system Ian has intensified to a Category 1 hurricane
- iI’s expected to make landfall in South Carolina midday today
After dodging the IAN bullet, now my two nieces that live in the Charleston, SC area are having to hunker down. It is the 4th Hurricane to hit the area since they moved there from Illinois & Iowa.