Great news (at least to me...)

Hi all! I have some great news to share. I just got a job! It’s only a part-time cashier position at a local Walmart, but between that and the survivor’s benefit I’m receiving from my late wife’s Social Security, it means that I am becoming more stable financially, as well as getting some structure back in my life. As an added benefit, more money means more anime!

7 Likes

Wonderful!!

I know it’s tough to sit around and do nothing all the time. I’ve been doing a little part-time work myself. It’s nice to feel wanted (and that spending cash ain’t too bad either).

:smile:

3 Likes

Congratulations!

Good Luck with the new job.

2 Likes

You know what the problem with doing nothing is?

You never know when you are finished. :smile:

6 Likes

good luck with the job newshawk

2 Likes

Good news on the job front Newshawk. You could be like me and have a job that can be awfully quiet and then something goes “ping” and you find yourself up until 3AM sweating bullets trying to get all the computers to play nice again. :scream_cat:

Mark Gosdin

2 Likes

I am glad to hear it, Newshawk! :smiley:
I have been looking for a job, but no luck as of yet. :sweat_smile:

Good luck with the new job. :3

2 Likes

I’ve lost 2 jobs in 2014, each with their own set of circumstances and I’ve been a bit bummed this past month but I’m hoping to see a pick-up soon like you are.
Congrats on your new job and hope it works out for a long time to come. :smile:

Thumbs up to that!

2 Likes

Congratulations. Jobs can be hard to find, and you have to keep going somehow. Every bit helps whether it’s full or part time.
I’ve moved to a new city for the work I wanted, still learning the new places and faces. But have been kept busy.
Keep smiling, enjoy every day as it comes, working and enjoying friends, anime everything you value and enjoy.

1 Like

hey @Newshawk hows it going with ya hope u r doing ok

u still holding down the fort :european_castle: in wally mart
ive done my shopping there to buy a printer
or have u found something new and improve

1 Like

Sorry that it took so long to reply, Kyouta. I’m just about to my fourth year at Walmart. Six months after I started as a part-time cashier, I transferred to another store as a full-time sporting goods associate and I’ve been there ever since.

3 Likes

That’s great news and I heard u guys got a few raises thats more money for u spend it wisely lol and is that Wal-Mart open 24 hrs it seems like all of them R starting to close at 12

1 Like