Breaking News Bulletin Board

Now the buzz is that, according to another prisoner in the paddy wagon, Freddie Gray caused his own injuries. If that’s true, then this is even worse than Ferguson. On a side note, I wonder why there are no cameras in the paddy wagons.

Wiki tells me that the mayor is up for reelection this year. I wonder if the riot + “We gave those who wished to destroy space to do so” + “let them loot, it’s only property” will be the combo that knocks her out at the polls. She’d probably win the vote for “Worst Mayor in America” though :frowning:

1 Like

[size=20]Charter Acquiring Time Warner Cable[/size]

Charter Communications will be acquiring Time Warner Cable in a massive deal valued at $78.7 billion. Combining companies will make Charter a formidable cable and broadband rival to service giant Comcast, which a month ago withdrew a $45 billion offer for Time Warner Cable. The Charter agreement works out to about $195 per share for TWC’s shareholders. Charter CEO Tom Rutledge has said he is confident the acquisition will be approved by regulators and close by the end of the year.

A Charter-TWC merger would give the purchasing company a base of 23.9 million subscribers in 41 states — including prime markets like New York City and Los Angeles, where TWC dominates. Charter projects that when the deal closes it will have 17.3 million video subscribers and 19.4 million broadband subscribers. Comcast has 27.2 million subscribers, with 23m of these being traditional video and 22m being broadband subs.

Less competition is bad, but at least it isn’t Comcast buying them up. Comcast :angry:

1 Like

Thing is that some of the same people in the DOJ, FTC, FCC that nixed the Comcast deal are already on record as being skeptical of this as well. In essence there’s a sense of enough is enough when it comes to these mammoth deals.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

Many people felt as though the Comcast deal should’ve happened so as not to screw up this twice, Charter could very well clear this hurdle with the FCC and/or others.

2 Likes

The only thing that can drive away hippies…

1 Like

George Kaihara and his wife, Miko, both 90-years-old, sit before the start of the Tustin High School commencement ceremony in Tustin, California, on Thursday. George and Miko were juniors at the school when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, and they were sent to Poston internment camp in Arizona. Dennis Hayden, a classmate of George and Miko from 72-years-ago, recently reconnected with them, and made it his mission to see them graduate. | AP

[size=18]**Japanese-American World War II internees in U.S. finally get high-school graduation**[/size]

AP / Jun 20, 2015

TUSTIN, CALIFORNIA – It was decades late, but George and Miko Kaihara, both 90, two Japanese-Americans who were sent to internment camps in the U.S. after Japan bombed Pearl Harbor during World War II, finally got to attend their high school graduation.

The California couple were high school juniors during the Pearl Harbor attack. The Kaiharas were in an internment camp in Arizona, behind barbed wire, when their classmates graduated 72 years ago.

On Thursday, the couple finally got their diplomas, The Orange County Register, a local newspaper, reported.

The Kaiharas, who have been married for nearly 65 years, received a standing ovation during the ceremony at their high school.

“Congratulations, George and Miko,” said Francine Scinto, an education official. “You are now members of the graduating class of 1943.”

Seventeen family members were on hand, including granddaughter Kayla Kaihara, who herself recently graduated from a nearby school.

“My grandma got to come to my graduation,” Kayla Kaihara said, “and I told her, ‘Now, I get to come to yours.”

The Kaiharas now need to find a spot in their home to hang their new diplomas.

“I want to show it off,” Miko Kaihara said.

Roughly 120,000 Japanese-Americans were incarcerated at 10 relocation camps after the Dec. 7, 1941, Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor.

Source

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2015/06/20/national/social-issues/japanese-american-world-war-ii-internees-u-s-finally-get-high-school-graduation/#.VYWgZFJ2Zdg

1 Like
1 Like

Seems like we’re getting ready to have our own version of this as Puerto Rico has revealed that it is our Greece and DC doesn’t seem keen to the prospect of bailing them out.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/puerto-rico-governor-calls-bankruptcy-adviser-says-island-000356495--sector.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/trading-halted-at-the-nyse-2015-7

This is where Newshawk lives…

5:28 AM ET, Fri July 24, 2015

I sure hope Newshawk stays safe out there. This is tragic.

This is one of the most disturbing things I’ve ever seen.

School resource officer sued for allegedly handcuffing children with ADHD
By Holly Yan, CNN - Updated 9:59 AM ET, Tue August 4, 2015

1 Like

by Breitbart News - 21 Aug 2015