Breaking News Bulletin Board

We’re getting a CFA that took the place of one of our favorite Italian eateries. They demolished the Romano’s building even though it was only about 8 years old. I’ve only eaten at CFA on a few occasions, a definite “Meh”, Our local McDonald’s has been rebuilt twice since we moved here, it has good food but you always have to check a to-go order because they are bad to omit items.

Mark Gosdin

Mc.Donalds needs to start investing in technology. It’s ridiculous in 2015 the stores look like they’re still in 2004 or older. The drive thru at mine at least had a complete overhaul just 3-4 years ago. New ordering screens, signs and menu board but the indoor experience needs big changes.

Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:43 pm EST

I kind of prefer the older look of MCDonalds from at least the 80s. for the past 20 years I have felt like I was walking into an Arby’s or Wendy’s with all the wod, and the faux fishtanks gone and its jsut… who wants to eat in one? Yu don’t go to McD’s for confort of a 5-star resturant with recliners for evryone, you go for cheap nasty food so you don’t have to cook and do dishes. Ergo, fast food. Wolfgang Puck isn’t going to come out and ask how you want your qurterpatties cooked, or if you want a bruillie on your BigMac instead of Thousand Island dressing. At least McDonalds hasn’t ruined everything with red onions like Wendy’s Burger King and Subway has and still has yellow/white ones that dont make you want to puke after you ea there (anymore than the food itself does.)

I for one quit eating at McDs when the McChicken and McDouble went over $1, cause I can make a bologna sandwich at home cheaper and faster even for name brand Oscar Meyer meat and French’s mustard, Duke’s mayo, and Kraft cheese singles and Merita bread!

Maybe if they would stop forcing those “meals” on everyone with drinks NOBODY wants unless they are at a fair where a fountain drink makes sense anymore, then they would be better off, especially since the carbonation never mixes correctly, and it always tastes overly syrupy and watered down when they fill the cup 80% with ICE! If you are going hom or anywhere else that isn’t eating in the store, you can get a drink ANYWHERE else for a better price, with better flavor, and more options than just the lowest bidder between Coke and Pepsi.

A thing I noticed last time I got a 40 pc Nuggets, was they also no longer try to charge 10 cents per sauce beyond their “limit” for the size of nuggets. Maybe they learned the nuggets are jsut so dry people need a gallon of something to be able to choke them down.

3 Likes

Lol, the names alone in that sandwich list smoked McDonalds!

1 Like

Weirdly enough, MCD and Wendy’s are the only fast food joints around me that don’t do self-serve sodas.

As far as I’ve ever seen, CFA also doesn’t do self-serve but that’s part of their schtick and perhaps necessity as they’re so slammed here (and they send ppl to your table to refill your drinks for you, removing some of the inconvenience of non-self-serve) but Mickey D’s is just behind the times.

Even my local BK has switched to one of those newfangled touch-screen soda machines, the ones that allow you to add custom flavors to your drinks. The only downside to those machines is that they don’t work well when the place is packed but that’s not really something the local MCDs have to worry about nowadays.

On that, while I don’t quite understand why CFA is so popular (it’s classier and far more family friendly but the food is, as was said already, “meh”) or why it is “phoenixing” from the ashes of closed eateries in my area, they’ve been so slammed that they not only had to build dual drive-thru lanes at 'em but now they have to send a small army of people out to the cars in the lines with tablet computers to take down and deliver orders. They seem to handle it efficiently but that’s something I’ve never seen any of the other fast food joints here have to do.

Alert is first in nearly a year and expires Feb. 24, 2016

By Eric Bradner, CNN
Updated 6:58 PM ET, Mon November 23, 2015

Thanksgiving Day Survival Kit: 9 Things You Will Need

by PhilHaney on 1 hours ago (November 24, 2015)

David Jackson, USA TODAY 2:26 p.m. EST November 25, 2015

By Michael Martinez, Steve Almasy and Kyung Lah, CNN
Updated 6:39 PM ET, Wed December 2, 2015 | Video Source: CNN

By Saeed Ahmed and Ralph Ellis, CNN
Updated 8:29 PM ET, Thu December 3, 2015

1 Like

[size=16]Walmart To Launch New Mobile Pay System In 2016[/size]

posted on December 10, 20154:41 PM ET / by Camila Domonoske / NPR

[size=16]Lindsey Graham drops out of 2016 presidential race[/size]

Dylan Stableford - Senior editor - December 21, 2015

2 Likes

Garland/Rowlett Texas Tornadoes 12-26-15

So this little beastie(EF4) came through my neighborhood about a mile or two down the road while another one apparently formed right above my house and damaged some homes and a church literally a block down the street. Fortunately it stayed to the East even though it did kill people it could have been a lot worse. All the suburbs of Dallas are heavily populated and Garland’s alone is about 300,000.

I’ll add a of couples videos the locals caught of this bad boy in a sec.

5 Likes

Terrifying when it’s so close to you. Glad you are okay.

1 Like

About a year ago in October we had a pretty nasty storm roll through and my daughter had just been dropped off by her mother. As we are closing the doors to shield ourselves from the windows as we sit in the hallway near a closet I had a funny thought run through my head. Unable to contain myself I laughed but in doing so brought a sheer look of terror and bewilderment from my daughter whom was 9 years old at the time and did not find anything of that situation close to being remotely funny. What was I thinking you ask? Since I’m in a wheelchair and can’t control 80% of my body from my tits down I’m strapped into my chair with a Velcro around my chest to keep me from falling out in certain situations one being when I’m out of my house and the other being that I felt it would help anchor me down to my 400-pound chair. The thought crossed my mind that if the roof was ripped off even though I’m strapped to my chair the wind could probably pick up the lower half of my body and my legs would be flapping around like wet noodles in the wind. Kids these days… I’ll tell ya they just don’t have a sense of humor. LOL XD

3 Likes

Wow, glad you made it through alright buddy!

Thanks I was hoping to hear from Slowhand today since she’s said that she’s from around the DFW area, have any of you heard from her? It is the holidays so I won’t be surprised if we don’t hear anything from her.

3 Likes

Being an old Okie I’ve seen way too damn many of those things. I’ve got co-workers & friends in the Garland / Dallas suburbs and I’m worried. Good to know you all are OK.

Mark Gosdin

3 Likes

5 Likes

I’ve been in Iowa for the past few days and am now traveling back to Texas. We’re just passing the Kansas border into Oklahoma. Haven’t hit any weather yet, but we’re going to - heavy storms in OKC now. We’re going to stop and spend the night somewhere and let it pass.

@OneWayDevil - I live a little bit north of Austin, TX, quite a ways south of Dallas/FW

3 Likes