Breaking News Bulletin Board

Oh my god I remember reading articles on this subject on ANN in the past and boy did the comments get heated. This is just ridiculous at this point.

1 Like

By Colleen McCain Nelson And Peter Nicholas
Updated Oct. 21, 2015 6:57 p.m. ET

By Deirdre Walsh, CNN Senior Congressional Producer
Updated 5:17 PM ET, Thu October 29, 2015

By Barbara Starr and Jeremy Diamond, CNN
Updated 7:16 PM ET, Fri October 30, 2015 | Video Source: CNN

You mean the same rebel forces that Russia is bombing? Lol. This must be our administration’s way to one-up Putin for flying his planes where we are/were conducting operations.WWIII here we come! Lol

3 Likes

Nathan Bomey, USA TODAY 3:30 p.m. EST November 9, 2015

The only things separating SeaWorld from my local aquarium are the roller coasters and Shamu.

Perhaps the problem is that SeaWorld just isn’t spectacular enough-crazy enough-for San Diegans any longer?

After all, they once elected this guy to be their mayor... ;)

2 Likes

I haven’t been to SeaWorld since the 90’s. Not a place I would go out of my way to visit.
I’d go to Disney World again any day of the week however. :smile:

1 Like

I haven’t been to SeaWorld either, but I’ve seen lots of local coverage about the Orcas here in Orlando. Frankly, while they are the big attraction for SeaWorld, they are terribly dangerous to work with just because of their size & strength.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

So true. If you simply strip out the documentary noise, you are still left with the issue of safety there too. So now it’ll be interesting to see how they go forward in an attempt to rebuild their reputation and drive attendance.

[size=16]Space debris to collide with Earth on Friday the 13th[/size]
Mary Bowerman / USA TODAY Network / 6:42 a.m. EST November 13, 2015

WTF

3 Likes

Watch your head!

1 Like

WTF: Sums up this story and our feelings.

Multiple Attacks Hit Paris Area in Night of Deadly Terror - The New York Times

By Adam Nossiter and Rick Gladstone - Nov. 13, 2015

8:19 a.m. EST November 15, 2015

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/16/abdelhamid-abaaoud-suspected-mastermind-of-paris-terror-attacks
Josh Halliday and Jonathan Bucks - Monday 16 November 2015 10.30 EST

By Souad Mekhennet, Anthony Faiola and Missy Ryan - November 18 at 8:37 PM

The new “McPick 2” menu, starting on Jan. 4.

By Julie Jargon - Nov. 16, 2015 4:47 p.m. ET

If not subscribed to WSJ:

Published November 17, 2015

I don’t know if McDonald’s can ever dig itself out of the hole that their previous CEO put them in.

I wonder if all the McDonald’s have to go along with this decision. I know that some of the Wendy’s in my area have large signs advertising that they don’t participate in their “4 for $4” deal. If they do then that might give McDonald’s an edge over the competition in my area.

Regarding prices of food that the franchisees have to pay, I’m reminded of the tale of Quizno’s, where everything had to be bought from HQ and it was all very overpriced. For food prices though, with McDonald’s having been such a big player for so long I’m a bit surprised that they haven’t bought up food producers to ensure low costs.

…why is McDonald’s offering cheese sticks? That’s not something that I associate with McDonald’s.

Ever since Steve Easterbrook took over as CEO, he’s made big changes and I think he’s shown so far he’s more than capable of turning things around. 98% of the franchisees approved all day breakfast with results that have been very encouraging. That could move to 100% now. Along with that, a simplification of the menu, which was way to cluttered before. True a real con here is much higher prices but it’s not gonna stop people from going. In fact, Mc.Donald’s comps actually went positive domestically and globally recently. Q3 '15 earnings actually beat for the first time in SEVERAL quarters. We’ll see if McPick2 continues the positive developments in 2016. So far he’s not stood still. He took action.

Next I’d like to see a renovation to my local Mc.Donalds.

What I would like to see is all the McDonald’s go with the digital menu screens like Burger King have done. It’s a bit nuts that some only have the McCafe menu as a computer screen, but the rest is still that menu they use a handle to switch from breakfast to lunch/dinner.

1 Like

It is weird seeing the old-school menus at fast food joints after having seen BK’s high-tech ones.

McDonald’s seems bent on shooting itself in the foot. The last CEO was an abject failure whose only ahem success seems to have been changing McDonald’s image into something more urban.

But even aside from him, there have been too many retoolings (eg:fries), radical menu changes and too many menu options that came at the expense of their core offerings.

Maybe this is just a local issue but in my area, McDonald’s has abhorrent service. I’d rather go to CFA, with its poor food/cost ratio, than MCD as the service there is significantly better. I’m not alone in this, apparently, as CFAs are popping up all over on my area now(often in buildings vacated by defunct eateries), often within sight of long existing MCDs and they’re seemingly thriving; Supposedly only 75-80 of 10000 applications for new CFAs are approved each year.

2 Likes