Campione! / Matsuro Wanu Kamigami to Kami Koroshi no Maō

Whoa, where’d Andrew Love’s character (Salvadore) come from? He just came out of nowhere and I’m supposed to know who he is. They said that they fought each other. When did this happen?

It’s an odd baseball game when the catcher is helping out the batter. BTW, if you know where the ball is going to go, and you can’t hit, why not bunt (especially considering what happened)? I do wish that they’d showed more aimation of the baseballing but it was still better than Clannad’s baseball ep (if you use a giant golf ball to play baseball, is it really baseball?).

On the spit, in ep 3 the spit strings after the lip lock were focused on and were way longer than they should have been (kinda weird).

So Godou beats these foes but doesn’t vanquish them, so he doesn’t get any more powers?

No, because he doesn’t slay them. You’ll recall during the 1st fight with Athena, that Erica wanted Godou to slay Athena and take her authorities. He just wanted her to go away.

Godou is a bit of a fool. He’s already fought so many powerful gods. If he would have just slated them instead of taking his “pacifist” stand then he would already have been the most op Campione in the whole series. Although, that would most likely shorten the series tremendously so I guess this is still fine.

I really do live this show and I am hoping for a season 2 but some aspects are just too confusing and some details do annoy me. It isn’t my favorite show but it is enjoyable.

Episode 12 had me on the ROFLcopter. This is definitely on the short list for best 2013 dub.

It was weird to hear Andrew Love as the sword-monster when he was already cast as the Italian campione who doesn’t believe in wearing a shirt. Andrew Love is too distinctive to multicast like that IMO.

I just finished this. It definitely felt rushed, like it really needed some more episodes to flesh things out. It reminded me of Aria the Scarlet Ammo: great dub, but rushed plot was convoluted.

Karbowski was really “outside the boix” in this dub and Monica Rial was exceptional. Blake Shepard seems to be Sentai’s answer to Todd Haberkorn IMO.

The rushed plot is NOTHING compared to Love, Election and Chocolate.

I would say whatever rushing happened was a result of them not knowing if they’ll have more then the 13 in the long run, and the best point to end the story in case that was all they would ever do needed some rushing at the end. Without going DBZ, I say they would have (assuming a 12 episode run) 3 filler episodes for this season if they didn’t rush the story, and would would be missing the last girl of the harem.

Also, it seems they did skip something.

With only 13 episodes I think that it tried to show far too much. Maria buying a cell phone helped flesh out the characters but they really didn’t have time for that. Same goes for Salvatore, who showed up just to speak cryptically and initiate the Perseus fight, and the Duke and his side quest.

Earlier in the show they were concerned about other Campione coming in for their shot at adding another notch on their god-slaying weapons but at the end they were all just sitting around doing a whole lot of nothing when the mega-crisis happened. Even though the ending had an Infinite Stratos (season 1) “she was just trolling us” feel to it, that it was all a game, I would have at least expected the Duke to show up to the party as he seemed anxious for an interesting fight and he was rather local.

So let’s rip-of Fate/Stay Unlimited Bladeworks, and do a half-@$$ed job at even telling a whole story?

Oh, and it takes 2 years after the fact to even get the sub on FVOD?

The name is appropriate, because this show is a campy (campi) one, and not in a good way.

Wanted someone to kill the knight of the slut cross since episode 1, why does she get to live? What was the deal with the fake sex-scene and alluded to pregnant behavior? This was trash moreso than Crayon Shin Chan and Super Milk Chan!
If you are going to rip something off, at least do a good job of telling a story! Everything was jsut a plot point if it wasn’t the main group + Athena and really served no purpose for this length of a show. I guess all the anime left is just someone ripping off someone else and not even telling a good stroy. Anime is now made by Hollywood?

I’m not seeing how this show was a ripoff of Unlimited Bladeworks.

The show had a slew story/plot issues. What it also had, and what Sentai overlooked if they put the subbed version on FVOD, is a warning to only watch this one dubbed as Monica Rial’s performance in the dub made the show better than it had any right to be. That scene that you mention (was it really any worse than the prurient stuff in Unlimited Bladeworks?) was hilarious in the dub. I can only imagine how painful it must have been subbed as I had jumped to the dub long before then.

Watching this one subbed just isn’t something that ought to be done.

:huh:

Oh, I don’t know, you got the one girl (Erica/Rin) that is fawning over this one guy (Godou/Emiya) Who can create a special pocket universe full of his swords (male organ allusion).
Shall we stop there or should I go on?
Athena/Metis is pretty much Illya before and after versions of Berseker existing and not.
Godou practically becomes Archer after speaking to Ena’s grandfather in the astral plane.
Each other girl is practically one of the ones with Emiya. Lili is practically Sabre. Then Gilgamesh manifests in Perseus in Campione, down to even trying to take Lili (Sabre) from Godou (Emiya/Archer).
There are too many parallels that were so easily seen, and I barely remember much about F/S until watching this that it all came rushing back instantly because of how exact it is in character actions and even resemblance to some extent.
Sure the meta-plot is slightly altered and the locations are not the same, but really it is the same story like Kevin Costner Robin Hood: Prince of Tides and Carey Elwes Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

Campione! Official Trailer

1 Like