Campione! / Matsuro Wanu Kamigami to Kami Koroshi no Maō

That “zen” attitude is one I have great difficulty affecting for Sentai dubs.

I’d like to believe that the reason kurenai didn’t sell enough to get a dub is because too many fans weren’t familiar with it (and not that they were just haters). I know that I’m not well versed in Sentai’s catalog of sub-only releases. Reminds me a bit of some fan at Otakon who wanted to know when he could replace his ancient fansub of something with a physical copy as no physical copy was ever made and David Williams told him that ADV had indeed released a physical copy, that there are huge fans of series out there who don’t know that Sentai/adv released that series. That’s what I’m trying to convince myself of.

I’m hoping for great things from Blake Shepard in this. I take it that this will not be a role where Blake Shepard has a harem and isn’t a wimpy lead? I’m trying to keep my hopes grounded for this one but I’ll admit that I’m wishing for a somewhat different take on the harem show from this, that I want it to be another princess resurrection or better.

Godou isn’t a wimp, but like all Harem leads, he’s a bit indecisive, and rightfully so. Erica’s way out of his league, so he’s trying to figure out why this awesome girl has become one of his followers, besides to use him for whatever schemes he thinks she’s plotting. Let’s hope Blake Shepard steps up his game for this, because I thought he was the weakest link in the Princess Resurrection dub.

Monica Rial I’m not worried about, Erica’s character plays to her strengths as an actress, though i wonder if she’ll try an Italian accent or play it like she normally does. (Erica does have some lines in Latin in the show, so it’ll be interesting to see how Monica does with that.)

Hillary Haag will be interesting because Yuri Mariya is the opposite type of character than she usually plays, so it’ll be interesting to hear this.

I’m a little excited about Hilary Haag playing something out of the norm for her. She doesn’t get to do it very often, but some of her best performances have been her non-perky, non-teenage girl characters. I really liked her performances in Noir, and I loved her brief performance as Mary Magdalene in Chrono Crusade. I would love to see more roles like that for her.

I’m not too worried about Blake Shepard. His performance in Princeas Resurrection wasn’t his finest, but I really liked his performance in Maburaho, which has a pretty similar vibe to Campione! The character in Campione is a bit tougher though. I think he will do fine.

Haag only had a brief performance in Chrono Crusade? You and I must be using different definitions for “brief” lol.

I like to see actors outside of their normal roles as well. It’s why I’m interested in Hatchin as that is totally a Marchi role being played instead by Rial, for example. Though Haganai reminds me why actresses like Rial and Haag have been typecasted: because other actresses (cough Kristi Kang COUGH) cannot do what they do. This makes me mildly concerned that Haag will show up in her out-of-typecast role and be excellent but that there will be a character that Haag normally would play now being played by someone else who will flub it (and Haag can’t be double casted, we went down that road already). Of course, y’all know more than I if that sort of situation could come up in this show.

Speaking of Haag, I have to admit that I’m a little worried about her as I saw part of Medaka Box, where she was in a scene with Andrew Love, and it didn’t sound like their A-game.

Reading comprehension is key:

As you can see, I never said Hilary Haag was in Chrono Crusade briefly, just that her performance as Mary Magdalene was brief. Despite being a very key character, she only appears in a couple short flashback scenes. Rosette was not the only character Hilary Haag voiced in the show.

Hmmm. Reading comprehension. Got that in spades. Don’t agree with your assessment in this case about Haag as her performance as MM didn’t strike me as particularly different from that of Rosette C (IMHO Tiffany Grant was the MVP of that dub). This could also lead into a deeper discussion of Chrono Crusade, suffice it to say (one of precious few ADV/Sentai shows that had depth).

I guess that, even though I don’t agree with MM, I can agree in spirit as I thought that Haag’s brief role as the tragic robot in Horizon was a standout (and humorous).

Though the tale I heard of Haag’s infamous ignorance of Chrono Crusade has really soured my perception of her performance in the dub (perhaps irrationally). Prior to hearing that I thought she was pretty darn good in CC, though I thought that others were better, so I try to keep my pre-story evaluation of the cast when I think of the show but it’s difficult. Sad face.

How many actors remember every single role they’ve done, and what the name of the characters are / were. Especially if they get really busy and are voicing characters for 2-3 shows in a short time span, Then never revisit that character ever again? It might just become a big blur. They know they did a show then but can’t remember which one it was, or what character(s) they played in it.

I’ve actually seen a couple voice actors, Carrie Savage and Laura Bailey, having to be reminded of shows/roles they were in by fans, particularly smaller roles. One fan actually had to pull a clip up on a phone to prove themselves.

But I’ve never heard any tales of Hilary Haag “ignorance” and I certainly didn’t witness them personally, so I would take any tales with a grain of salt regardless. I’ve heard many, many stories get exaggerated by con-goers.

The problem I’m having here is two-fold (maybe three-fold) as I can’t incontrovertibly prove that Greg Ayres said this and considering how it really hurt my perception of the show I’m not sure that I want to pass it on but:

At Katsucon 2013 Greg Ayres again told the tale of how Hilary Haag did not realize that Rosette tragically dies at the end of Chrono Crusade when discussing the show just after it had been released, devastating the poor fan who posed the question.

I understand that many voice actors aren’t anime fans. I understand that actors can’t remember every role that they’ve played (I even just saw this interview about that). Perhaps I understand how Hilary Haag so dropped the ball regarding Chrono Crusade but it was still shocking to me. Perhaps it was due to Greg Ayres as he is an anime fan and he played co-lead in Chrono Crusade; the “dichotomy” of it.

Episodes 1-13 (Dub) are live at ANO

Finally got my copy of the BD of this show. The dub is quite good so far (Up to Ep. 4.)

Just finished the Campione! dub.

IMO it ranks as the 2nd best Sentai dub (with Infinite Stratos being the “Gold Standard” Sentai dub)

seen the first 3 episodes and i was very impressed. also found the use of foul laguage amusing.aint seen that much n animes b4. :woohoo:

What the heck did I just watch? Whatever it was, it was well dubbed and ripped off the Fate universe’s Gilgamesh. Speaking of, this show is sadly not “Gilgamesh II”. I’m not sure that this one will beat out Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere though.

I wish the leading “man” were less afraid of women though.

Considering the women who are drawn to him…

I believe that the word “lolwut” was coined to describe this show…

As far as I know, this is the best showing Sentai has had since Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere.

The fight scene reminded me of Team America: World Police and Psychonauts…and again: lolwut :wink:

Ep 3.

Would it have killed y’all to warn a bro that this show has some “crossover” with the Mysterious Girlfriend X fanbase? I coulda done with a heads-up,

Exactly what do you mean?

I think he means how Goudou gets his information on the Rogue Deities he fights… (By the girls kissing him)

I like this dub. hopefully Jason Grundy gets more shows to direct