Cartoon Network / Adult Swim / HBO Max News [Ex: Toonami]

I’d have to imagine that Discovery Plus and HBO Max would combine after the merger. It doesn’t make sense to have two separate streaming services.

Sola Entertainment Produces New Rick and Morty Animated Short

posted on 2021-10-11 06:47 EDT by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Short will also air on Toonami on October 16

1 Like

2021-11-27T17:11:00Z

Adult Swim, Cartoon Network’s Viewership Falls Over 25% in 2021

posted on 2022-01-08 09:15 EST by Adriana Hazra
Adult Swim’s viewership dropped to 386,000, Cartoon Network’s to 201,000

That is insane

A lot of people cut the cord in 2021 and went more in to streaming. Which I assumed contributed to a bit of that numbers drop.

That AND could be people just aren’t liking what’s currently on AS/CN.
Same is going for comic books.
Manga’s beating them to a pulp.

The biggest issue with current super hero comics is that there’s too much shock / event storytelling and then it’s right back to the status quo in a few months.There’s no natural evolution of the storyline . Perfect example is DC’s upcoming Death of the Justice League where Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (John Stewart), Aquaman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Zatanna, and Hawkgirl go and try to prevent an invasion of the Dead Army. (One of them survives to tell what happened, Probably Hawkgirl) It’s a joke because everyone knows that this isn’t going to stick, and they’ll be back in at least a year.

2 Likes

Adult Swim to Produce 2 New FLCL Seasons Anime

posted on 2022-03-17 12:45 EDT by Alex Mateo
FLCL: Grunge, FLCL: Shoegaze are currently in production

1 Like

I’d rather have a 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim anime to go with my Pacific Rim Anime.
That’s synergy.
:exploding_head:

1 Like

Genndy Tartakovsky’s Primal | Season 2 OFFICIAL TRAILER | adult swim

HBO Max, Amid Content Purge, Launches 30% Discount Offer

2022-08-18T13:12:00Z

2 Likes

But they are getting rid of a lot of the good stuff. 80% and they got a deal. :rofl:

1 Like

If you have Comcast Xfinity, you get a subscription for free.

I still have used it all of one time…

1 Like

Wait, how does that work out? Is Comcast paying AT&T for the right to do so?

1 Like

No. It’s because the basic Comcast plan for Xfinity includes HBO. If you have an HBO cable subscription, you get HBO Max for free.

Okay, so if you’re someone who doesn’t have the TV service, you won’t get it.

1 Like

Exactly.

1 Like

Guess it’s a good thing the Anime were coproduced. Maybe CR for once can save the day and produce Shenmue S2.

This whole situation is way dumb. Then it turns out WB flubbed the numbers so now the shareholders are going to sue or something like that.

2 Likes