Anime Network Online Player, Schedule pages, website/forum updates

[size=4]Update:[/size]

Just had a discussion with Anime Network’s web/tech wizard, Aaron and have some great news to share on stuff he and Anime Network have been working on lately!

• Anime Network has pushed several big back-end updates to the website, forum, online player in the last week!

• Online Ordering Security update solved!

• Online Player shows can now be sorted with View All, Guest, Registered, Premium options.

• Online Player episode icons have new legends, using star symbol color schemes to make episode icons easier to see (vs colored layer over the entire graphic)

• Subscription/Premium Online Player members, no more ads!

• More Widescreen updates coming soon!

• VOD/SVOD schedule pages major update. Complete new look, and bug fixes, new filter and sort by options (sort by start or end date, show and episode #)

Note: Make sure to refresh your browser or hit F5 in case you see no difference and are loading a cache.

Yeah, I noticed this earlier.
It looks and runs much better now. The Schedule page was the last remnants of the IE7 slugish issue pages, now it runs fast and well like the rest of the site/forum.

I hope they put the updates by Air Date rather than alphabetical order as it is now, but other than that, it looks really good and compact.

The Coffee God wrote:

[quote]

I hope they put the updates by Air Date rather than alphabetical order as it is now, but other than that, it looks really good and compact.[/quote]

Agreed.

Worry not, that’s what their line of thinking is too… sort by start date. :slight_smile: As far as I’m concerned it should be the default method.

A bunch of forum and website fixes were also pushed over the weekend. A lot of positive and good stuff taking form lately. Hopefully their plate is slowly getting less full lol.

YES!!! :slight_smile: Finally the schedule page is fixed. I’m glad they got it by start date and I hope that it stays that and something else happens. I am going to cross my fingers for next week and maybe I won’t. :slight_smile: Hopefully with it fix maybe we can get more then the schedule per week again. That would be nice.

[size=4]Update:[/size] (updated my first post too)

New stuff today… including the newer and polished schedule pages you saw a sneak peak of yesterday!

Just had a discussion with Anime Network’s web/tech wizard, Aaron and have some great news to share on stuff he and Anime Network have been working on lately!

• Anime Network has pushed several big back-end updates to the website, forum, online player in the last week!

• Online Ordering Security update solved!

• Online Player shows can now be sorted with View All, Guest, Registered, Premium options.

• Online Player episode icons have new legends, using star symbol color schemes to make episode icons easier to see (vs colored layer over the entire graphic)

• Subscription/Premium Online Player members, no more ads!

• More Widescreen updates coming soon!

• VOD/SVOD schedule pages major update. Complete new look, and bug fixes, new filter and sort by options (sort by start or end date, show and episode #)

Note: Make sure to refresh your browser or hit F5 in case you see no difference and are loading a cache.

Just to be clear yesterday’s schedule page update was more of a beta, today’s big update is a more polished version. You Like?

As far as I’m concerned, it’s by far the best the schedule pages have ever been in terms of formating and options with the filter/sort options. It’ll be a lot easier now to find stuff. :slight_smile:

Some really great work going on by the employees there lately with the web/tech stuff. :slight_smile:

I think its great Dragoon. Quick question…is the online player going to get a schedule as well? Just curious.

PrincessofAnime wrote:

Not sure yet, I asked about it before but they were too busy on the other stuff. I’ll ask again next week.

Also they haven’t forgotten about your sound issue, fyi. It’s just proven a bit more complex since they’ve raised the back-end options to max and it hasn’t increased the volume much. It may require a lot more work and time than expected, if they can even find a fix.

This is even better then the one that was up yesterday. You can sort the schedule which ever way you like which is pretty cool. :slight_smile:

Its tough to deal with Dragoon but I’m living with the sound problem. If they can fix it however? I’d be so much more grateful. It would be nice not to have to blow out my speakers everytime I wanna watch a show. Thanks :slight_smile:

Supermutant wrote:

The schedule pages will now be showing shows 2 weeks in advance of the current day’s time frame, from now on. As far as I know this is the new format they’ve decided on for various reasons, at least for now.