Chaika, The Coffin Princess / Hitsugi no Chaika-

Kinda, though from what little we saw I got the impression that the Lancer and Red Chaika were rather different in their mentalities.

I have noticed that Frederica is always spoiling for a fight but never gets her chance to get in one lol.

Ep. 12

spoiler

Frederica Lives!!! like an Alien she bursts out of her old bodyā€¦

Vivi and Zita break Akariā€™s mind control

Big Fight ensues and both fortresses sink

Toru gives Ricardo his due

Akari drives her point home to the Wizard

Chaika and Toru ship sailing strong

Gilette dies?

Vivi is really a Chaika???

Stay tuned for Season 2 premiering in October

So the old warhawk (and his minions) was right and Gilette was dead wrong. Nice of 'em to let the old warhawk have an opportunity to win some badass points.

That conversation about healing would have been nice, oh, 8 episodes ago lol.

1st post updated with Key Visual for Season 2

Remember that they already covered it when Fred healed Toruā€™s wounds after their fight when they first met.

Key Visual for ā€œChaika ā€“The Coffin Princess-ā€ Second Season Posted

June 26, 2014 2:50am CDT
The next season is slated for October 2014

All I recall from that conversation was that she bit him, healing his cut, and said that sheā€™d heal his wounds for now in order to ensure that she could fight him later. I donā€™t recall her making that offer before but that was several months ago (this is why I prefer binge watching but we gotta get those uber-important streaming numbers upā€¦rigum ragum frigum fragumā€¦lol)

Right. That was the deal of being a Dragoon Cavalier, which was covered in that episode. Ep.12 was the 1st time Fred offered to contract with Toru so he could become one.

Episode 12 -

I get the feeling that Vivi may be another Chaika. Great episode and a good way to end the season! I am really looking forward to the continuation. I canā€™t wait for Fall!

Sentai just announced this license.

Go Sentai Go! Now get S2!

Chaika, what is this?

Since it was probably a planned split-cour to begin with given how soon into the season that they announced S2, Iā€™m pretty sure they already have it.
Just like they already had S1 probably before it went up on CR.

Glad to see that Sentai did get this one. Until announced I had to expect the worst (AoA) so that, no matter the outcome, I wouldnā€™t be disappointed :wink:

The ANN review, paraphrased, said that Chaika was living in Scrapped Princessā€™ shadow. Has anyone picked that one back up?

Oh, and Sentai:

That outcome would have been impossible.
It isnā€™t an Aniplex title and Aniplex had absolutely nothing to do with itā€™s production.
So it would be an impossibility for AoA to ever get it.

If this gets a dub Luci Christian so has to play Akariā€¦

AFAIK Scrapped Princess hasnā€™t been licensed by anyone else since Bandaiā€™s license expired. I would think itā€™d be a logical pick up considering that both Outbreak Company and Chaika, The Coffin Princess are both by the same creator.

It really depends on who holds the international right to it.
As well, whether Sentai sees it as a profitable license or not.

Digging around a bit on Google, itā€™s looking like Bandai might have got it from Kadokawa, so thereā€™s a chance that Sentai could pick it up, since they seem to have a stable relationship with Kadokawa.

Not Chaika?

The adage about expecting the worst only works if I truly expect the worst. Besides, the day I underestimate AoA is the day they surprise me. :laugh:

On one hand, Iā€™d prefer not to hear about more rescue releases before progress happens with the boatload that were licensed last year. On the other, well, I wouldnā€™t :wink:

If I can track down this SP show I suppose it can tide me over until the next season of Chaika starts up. Looking at the seiyu, the sub might actually be watchable for me so I could more accurately (for lack of a better phrase) compare the two shows to evaluate if ANN has gotten it wrong. Though a dub both starring and directed by Crispin Freeman is tempting.

Well if Luci were to play Chaika then Shelly Calene-Black would have to play Akari. Only those 2 could do Akariā€™s Dead pan line Deliveries well.

Speaking of the Chaika licenseā€¦

This is the first Sentai Kadokawa title to be license announced within a soon-ish time after streaming since Fate / Kaleid S1.

Their usual pattern for Kadokawa titles is to announce them right before the solicitation they are about to show up on.