Coppelion

Coppelion

Genres: adventure, comedy, drama, mystery, psychological, science fiction
Themes: absurdity, assassins, conspiracy, dangers, exploration, girls with guns, military, post-apocalyptic, quests, special abilities, superpowers, tragedy
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: Many years after a great tragedy killed 90% of the people in Japan, three girls arrive in the ruins of Tokyo. In the devastated capital, their unusually clean clothes set them apart. But thatā€™s not the only strange thing about them - they also each wield supernatural powers. They call themselves ā€œCoppelion,ā€ and are on a mission to save the people of Tokyo.
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2013-10-02

ANN Info Page
Coppelion Official JP Homepage

Coppelion Anime Gets ā€˜Rebootā€™ With Previews at Anime Expo, Japan Expo

posted on 2013-07-03 09:00 EDT
Haruka Tomatsu, Kana Hanazawa, Satomi Akesaka to star in Fall TV anime

Coppelion ā€˜Rebootā€™ TV Animeā€™s Promo Streamed

posted on 2013-08-09 23:30 EDT

Coppelion Animeā€™s 2nd Promo Confirms Staff, Premiere

posted on 2013-09-06 03:35 EDT
GoHands to animate sci-fi military show premiering October 2

Coppelion Animeā€™s TV Ad Outlines Sci-Fi Military Action Story

posted on 2013-09-26 14:15 EDT
Tomonori Inoueā€™s story of 3 genetically enhanced girls to premiere on October 2

ANN Anime Spotlight: Coppelion

by Justin Sevakis, Sep 27th 2013

With Madman announcing this license for AU/NZ yesterday, and Animax Asia posting an English-narrated trailer of this the other day, Iā€™m pretty sure the licese for this has been picked up for a US simulcast (and probably release).
Iā€™m just not entirely sure by who as of yet.
It is a Starchild series though, so Iā€™m kind of leaning towards a CR/Sentai license at this point.

Perhaps weā€™ll find out tommorrow and/or Saturday at Sentaiā€™s AWA panels.

ā€œScifiā€ piqued my interest, especially since it didnā€™t immediately go on to discuss moe versions of submarines and other weapons of war.

Then I got to the part about the character designer & director not only being the same person but being involved in K & Mardock Scramble, and then my interest died. It doesnā€™t sound as though this show has a great pedigree.

The premise is missing something: the reason why Japan deemed it necessary to genetically engineer 3 radiation-proof girls in order to send them into a nuked ghost town to create a special task force.

Viz Media to Stream Coppelion Sci-Fi Military Action Anime

posted on 2013-09-30 15:34 EDT
Tomonori Inoueā€™s story of 3 genetically enhanced girls to premiere on October 2

Angela to Perform New Ending Theme for Coppelionā€™s Final Episode

posted on 2013-12-23 19:30 EST
ā€œBye Bye Alrightā€ song available digitally December 27; last episode to air December 25

So Coppelion dies after a single season after all? Kinda surprising to me. I guess Viz hitched its hopes to a falling star, not that they had much choice. Fingers crossed for a dub that redeems 'em; why isnā€™t NGP hired more often to do CA anime dubs?

Actually you have to think about Vizā€™s relationship with Studio GoHands. Gohands is working on the K movie right now or at least they are in post production on it. These days you wonā€™t get subsequent seasons right after another anyway, youā€™ll usually have to wait 3-6 months for a sequel announcement, and youā€™ll have to wait for the BD/DVD sales in Japan, if those surpass a certain number, then you might get a sequel. Look at Freezing and Maken-Ki, they both had to wait almost 2 years for their sequels to be done.

1 Like

Viz Mediaā€™s Coppelion Dub Casts Erica Lindbeck, Cassandra Lee Morris, Shelby Lindley

posted on 2014-11-24 06:00 EST
Sci-fi action series to premiere on Neon Alley and Hulu on Thursday

1 Like

So they went through with dubbing this show after all. I donā€™t recall good things being said about this show in the fandom.

The inclusion of Cherami & Spencer in this dub will serve to illustrate that the directors out there are the source of the woes in CA dubs. ANN lists Erica Lindbeck as only having one role and this is it. Dunno about that, especially if this is revealed to be a Studiopolis dub.

Interesting that theyā€™re putting it on streaming so soon.

So the entire dub of this series will be released on Hulu on Thanksgiving? Checking the Viz release schedule (which is a PDF) seems to confirm this.

On a side note, I really wish that ANN would always link to its root sources in its articles, instead of linking to its own articles (no one like a self-quoter lol) as thereā€™s no link on their page to the actual Viz announcement.

VIDEO: Coppelion English Dub Preview

November 27, 2014 8:59am CST
A complete Blu-ray/DVD combo set of the post-nuclear catastrophe sci-fi will be released by Viz February 3rd

Neon Alley News

English cast members are listed on our Facebook Page.

World premiere? I must be missing something as I watched the first episode of this dubbed on Neon Alley via Hulu a few weeks ago. Looking back on my old post, wasnā€™t this released in its entirety over a month ago?

Neon Alley News

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Neon Alley Nation!
Check out even MORE awesome anime coming your way on this monthā€™s programming calendar.

LAST CHANCE!
Binge-watch the English World Premiere of Coppelion

The English version of Coppelion is only available til 11:45 PM PT TOMORROW!*
Watch your free preview of the English version now, or wait for the DVD to come out in February.

Meet Onihei Mishima - (a.k.a. Vice Principle)
Know why heā€™s cool? Heā€™s a Colonel in the Ground Defense Force, and in charge of training/overseeing the Coppelion.

Voiced by Keith Silverstein (Keith also voiced many characters in such great anime as Accel World, Bleach, Blood Lad, Blue Dragon, Durarara, Magi and MANY more!)

ā€¦more English cast members are listed on our Facebook Page.

Viz Media Announces the Home Media Release of Coppelion Anime Series

Jan 29th 2015

Coppelion Interview part 1 - About The Songs ANGEL and Tokumade w/ Full OP/ED

Coppelion Interview part 2 - angela on Performing in the US Plus Their Origin Story

Coppelion Interview part 3 - A Few Moments w/ Anime Song Super Group angela

Funimation Adds Coppelion Anime

posted on 2020-09-09 13:00 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda
5 titles part of new distribution partnership with Viz Media