Crunchyroll News

CR news or National news

And they made changes on their site about a year ago

Maybe you should ask over at CR or send them a email .
I’m sure they know better then us .

2 Likes

VIDEO: Junji Ito Reacts to YOUR Cats!

October 29, 2020 1:00pm CDT
Watch the horror manga master himself check out Crunchyroll user’s cats!

1 Like

2020-10-30T13:02:00Z

Nikkei: Sony ‘Nears Acquisition’ of Crunchyroll

posted on 2020-10-30 09:35 EDT by Crystalyn Hodgkins & Jennifer Sherman
Sony may spend nearly US$1 billion on streaming service

OK, so a few weeks after Sentai and CR sign an agreement to have Sentai do physical releases of CR titles, Sony nears the acquisition of CR. Here’s what I think is going to happen. Sony will negate the physical media distribution deal with Sentai and may even go as far as removing Sentai contenet from CR. Depending on whether the deal is for CR only or for all of Otter Media, which includes VRV, Sentai may be removed from VRV, also. If AT&T keeps VRV, I doubt that Sony will put Funimation on that service. If VRV is part of the deal, then Sony will replace Sentai with Funimation.

Since CR will most likely get Funimation’s subbed content, I’ll be able to drop my Funimation subscription and save $7.00 a month. I just home Sony doesn’t mess around with the annual subscription. If they do, I may have to do without CR.

Needless to say, I am an ADV/Sentai/HIDIVE fanboy. I will go with a reduced number of titles to watch each season if I have to. I have never been a big fan of Funimation and I’ve tired of Sony’s gobbling up everything. In short, I’ll root for the underdog, especially when it’s as scrappy as Sentai/HIDIVE.

3 Likes

Since the ADV days, as well. Well, it’s not the first company to take advantage of the pandemic buy outs and won’t be the last. Just enjoy the ride and shows because if Sony thinks it’s not going to affect them then they’ve learned nothing from the ATT and Disney’s troubles.

I see what you did there… :smirk:

4 Likes

Me too, on ADV. I go back to when I worked for DirecTV and they started their On Demand service and carried ANOD. I even worked with the people in El Segundo a time or two when we were having the video judder issue on some series, helping them to see what was going on out in the field.

3 Likes

I forgot that some people on here were not around for they halcyon days of ADV.

3 Likes

still have them gunsmith cats/ devil hunter yohko vhs, even though I can’t play them anymore. :grin:

4 Likes

Now that’s old school! I got into anime in the DVD era.

3 Likes

4 Likes

2020-11-04T23:55:00Z

1 Like

LOL! Look at her trying to save her job.
Funny.
:laughing:

1 Like

Crunchyroll App Now Available on Xbox Series X|S!

November 10, 2020 11:00am CST
The new console’s launch is here, and Crunchyroll is along for the ride!

1 Like

QUIZ: Discover What You Need From Crunchyroll’s Holiday Gift Guide!

November 12, 2020 11:28am CST
Tis the season for great anime merchandise!

1 Like

Fixed it for you

2 Likes

No Yami or Senko…

I’m good, thanks…

3 Likes

Fixed it for YOU!
QUIZ: Discover What You Need We Want You to Buy From Crunchyroll’s Holiday Gift Guide!

3 Likes

And there’s still no Yami or Senko, so I’m still good.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Why am I not surprised?

3 Likes