Feb 5, 2024 11:00 AM CST
U.S. goes live with global launch to follow this week

Anime Awards 2024 Category Spotlight: Best Animation

Feb 5, 2024 11:00 AM CST
From TRIGUN STAMPEDE to JUJUTSU KAISEN

3 Likes

Ummm…

It’s their opinion, I suppose?

Personally, I watched it cause it was Trigun, they got JYB back as Vash, and the fact Yami is actually in it as well!

The animation though…

I suppose for Japanese CG animation, it was okay…

3 Likes

When looking up an anime that was brought up in another thread (Mainly to refresh my memory of what it was), I happened to land on Crunchyroll, and it seems they FINALLY got around to merging Funimation data.

It seems if they find you have accounts at both places (assuming the same email address on both accounts), they’ll ask if you want to merge the data, replace your CR data with Funimation, or just ignore your Funimation data. I did a merge to get my watch history ported over. Will be interesting to see if I had something on my watchlist that I forgot about.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Okay…

I’m assuming that is the annual base plan.

I wonder how much the $11.33 a month plan will jump to…"

4 Likes

Yeah that almost 100% price jump will be hard to swallow

5 Likes

They still have not finished transferring A lot of stuff or properly in some cases.

4 Likes

You know… Another thought…

The digital copies on Funi…

They ain’t transferring those…

Meaning all those codes will no longer be worth the paper they’re printed on come April 2nd…

Happy April Fools Day?

5 Likes

You will own nothing and like it!

5 Likes

“Hugs the physical copies of World Witches Take Off, Strike Witches S3, and Brave Witches (yes… Even Brave Witches, cause the crunchy stream is the awful simulcast and simuldub version…)”

5 Likes

And another thing…

I genuinely feel a bit sorry for people who bought the digital codes of shows off sites like eBay for $15+ each…

3 Likes

Well I’m pretty salty about that, because being able to watch a show ad free on a free tier was pretty nice. No worries since I own them all on BD, but still that’s a boatload of BS Crunchy

5 Likes

Yep. I gave a bunch to people and now they won’t be able to watch.

5 Likes

Centimillimental, Nogizaka46 and More Music Videos are Now Available on Crunchyroll

Feb 8, 2024 2:00 PM CST
Enjoy brand new music videos on Crunchyroll today!

Funimation App Shuts Down on April 2 as Its Accounts Merge With Crunchyroll

posted on 2024-02-07 19:56 EST by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Crunchyroll will not support Funimation digital copies

3 Likes

Crunchyroll Celebrates 25 Years of Anime Studio BONES with 4-Part Documentary

Feb 12, 2024 10:15 AM CST
Series to start streaming on Crunchyroll on February 13, 2024

Anime Awards 2024: Hiroyuki SAWANO & KOHTA YAMAMOTO, Shing02, YOASOBI and More Set to Perform Live

Feb 13, 2024 11:00 AM CST
Plus more celebrity presenters and the debut of the official Anime Awards 2024 theme song!

Where and How To Watch The 2024 Anime Awards Live

Feb 13, 2024 11:00 AM CST
All you need to know for experiencing the 2024 Anime Awards live from Tokyo, Japan!

Since we don’t have a show thread for it, Minky Momo cour 2 (episodes 16-30) is up on Crunchyroll now! Yay!

2 Likes