Doctor Who / Class (BBC America)

Doctor Who

Genres: Adventure, Drama, Family
Rating: TV-PG
Running Time: 25 minutes (1963–1984, 1986–1989), 45 minutes (1985, 2005–present)
Number of Seasons: 26 (1963–1989), 11 (2005–present)
Number of Episodes: 848 (97 missing)
Vintage: November 23, 1963 – present
Plot Summary: Doctor Who follows the adventures of the primary character, a rogue Time Lord from the planet Gallifrey, who simply goes by the name “The Doctor”. He fled from Gallifrey in a stolen TARDIS – “Time and Relative Dimension in Space” – a machine which allows him to travel across time and space. The TARDIS has a “chameleon circuit” which normally allows the machine to take on the appearance of local objects as a disguise. However, the Doctor’s TARDIS remains fixed as a blue British police box due to a malfunction in the chameleon circuit. The Doctor rarely travels alone and often brings one or more companions to share these adventures. His companions are usually humans, as he has found a fascination with planet Earth. He often finds events that pique his curiosity as he tries to prevent evil forces from harming innocent people or changing history, using only his ingenuity and minimal resources, such as his versatile sonic screwdriver. As a Time Lord, the Doctor has the ability to regenerate when his body is mortally damaged, taking on a new appearance and personality. The Doctor has gained numerous recurring enemies during his travels, including the Daleks, the Cybermen, and the Master, another renegade Time Lord.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

Class (2016 TV series)

Genres: Drama, Sci-Fi
Rating: TV-PG
Running Time: 45 min per episode
Number of Seasons: 1
Number of Episodes: 8
Vintage: October 22, 2016 – December 3, 2016
Plot Summary: Coal Hill School has been a feature of Doctor Who (1963) since the first episode, but now we get to see the day-to-day adventures of the students coping with intrusions from space and time.

IMDb Page

Wikipedia Page

K-9 and Company - Vintage: December 28, 1981
Doctor Who Confidential - Vintage: March 26, 2005 – October 1, 2011
Totally Doctor Who - Vintage: April 13, 2006 – June 29, 2007
Torchwood - Vintage: October 22, 2006 – September 15, 2011
The Sarah Jane Adventures - Vintage: January 1, 2007 – October 18, 2011
K-9 - Vintage: October 31, 2009 – November 20, 2010
Doctor Who Extra - Vintage: August 23, 2014 – present

BBC America has announced that the 11th Doctor makes his first appearance on this side of the pond on April 17th as they premiere the new series of “Doctor Who” with Matt Smith as the new Doctor.

when you say this side of the pond do you mean the east or west side? seeing as you refer to the atlantic as a pond I am thinking you are british, but then you mention BBC America, so You are in the states…Damn You Logic!

Doctor Who will air on BBC America on April 17th with new episodes.

Newshawk wrote:

You, my friend, have made my weekend. Thank you.

Here’s the teaser trailer for BBC One:

I was in London a couple of years ago and caught an episode on BBC One. Those lucky brits get it commercial free!

shadycat wrote:

Before SyFy (yuck!) went HD, HDNet uesd to carry the HD version of Torchwood commercial free and with less editing for content than BBC America did.

i want to get this straight, the way they’ve done this is the story started out in the early years like what 30 years ago? then they stopped the show, now a new generation has grown up and they just picked it all back up am i right?

In a nutshell, yes. The show ran from 1963 to 1989. Then it was relaunched in 2005.

HDNet is a pretty good channel. I like that they show movies before they are released in theaters (on HDNet Movies).

I’m dancing in the street! Can’t wait to see it!

I liked the last two Doctors, not sure about this new one but I’ll watch it and I’m sure after a few weeks I’ll like it.

good idea for the franchise, the main cast changes pretty much every season huh?

Well the Doctor has bee the same for the past three seasons, but his companions change almost every year or so. I’m not quite sure how I feel about the new Doctor, but I’m still looking forward to it and will give him a chance.

April is shaping up to be an awesome month!

As was mentioned in the first post, Doctor Who is returning to BBC America!

[size=4]Doctor Who[/size]

BBC America

Saturday, April 17, 2010

First, they are showing:

Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide - The Doctor, his universe and the mythology of the series.
8:00pm ET/7:00pm CT (Sat)
11:00pm ET/10:00pm CT

2:00am ET/1:00am CT (Sun 4/18)
4:00pm ET/3:00pm CT

Followed by the premiere of Season 5:

“The Eleventh Hour” - The newly regenerated Doctor and Amy Pond must save the world in less than 20 minutes from galactic policemen known as the Atraxi.
9:00pm ET/8:00pm CT (Sat)
Midnight ET/11:00pm CT

3:00am ET/2:00am CT (Sun 4/18)
5:00pm ET/4:00pm CT

8:00pm ET/7:00pm CT (Tue 4/20)
11:00pm ET/10:00pm CT

1:00am ET/Midnight CT (Wed 4/21)

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1184/dwseries5april.png

I can’t wait for this! Don’t let me down Russel T. Davies!

And they redesigned the Tardus???

dragonrider_cody wrote:

[quote]I can’t wait for this! Don’t let me down Russel T. Davies!

And they redesigned the Tardus???[/quote]

This is probably just easier…

http://photobucket.com/images/tardis%202010/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Moffat has replaced Russell T. Davies as head writer and producer. So this should be totally fresh.

The TARDIS could use a redesign. It kind of looked like a leprechaun lost his lunch inside. :ohmy:

Oh, it looks much better. Thanks Slowhand!

If you’re wondering about what Steven Moffat might do at the new “Doctor Who” showrunner, then just recall these episodes he’s written before:

The Empty Child (May 21, 2005)
The Doctor Dances (May 28, 2005)
The Girl in the Fireplace (May 6, 2006)
Blink (June 9, 2007)
Silence in the Library (May 31, 2008)
Forest of the Dead (June 7, 2008)

Blink is my personal favorite.

shadycat wrote:

[quote]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Moffat has replaced Russell T. Davies as head writer and producer. So this should be totally fresh.

The TARDIS could use a redesign. It kind of looked like a leprechaun lost his lunch inside. :ohmy:

Oh, it looks much better. Thanks Slowhand![/quote]

Thanks. I hadn’t kept up on the news lately, so wasn’t aware of the change. That makes me a little leery, but I’ll stay hopeful. :slight_smile:

And yes, it does look much better!

I can’t wait. This is one of my all time favorites. I do hope the new Dr doesn’t let me down. He looks like a bad choice, but I felt the same way when I first saw David Tennant. He didn’t seem to fit the part, but he was great.
Has anyone been following Survivors?
Slick

I meant to record Survivors, but completely forgot. My DVR has only randomly picked up a few episodes, so I have no idea which ones I have and which I need to see. It looks really interesting and I had been looking forward to it too. :frowning:

I saw Matt Smith in The Ruby in the Smoke and The Shadow in the North on PBS and he was pretty good. For some reason, he reminds me of the 3rd doctor, Jon Pertwee.