Neo Angelique Abyss & Second Age

Neo Angelique Abyss

Genres: action, drama, fantasy, romance
Themes: bishounen, demons, male harem
Objectionable content: Significant
Number of Episodes: 13
Vintage: 2008-04-06

Plot Summary: Arcadia is plagued with evil, life-draining demons called Thanatos and a vast lack of Purifiers to exterminate them all. While attending school, Angelique attracts the eye of a man who intends to turn the tides to the people’s favor. What lies within her is the key to Arcadia’s survival.

ANN Info Page

Neo Angelique Abyss ~ Second Age

Genres: action, drama, fantasy, romance
Themes: bishounen, demons, male harem
Objectionable content: Significant
Number of Episodes: 13
Vintage: 2008-07-06

Plot Summary: Taking place 6 months after the first season, Thanatos have taken over the Silent Sun. Angelique has been unconscious for the past 6 months and now her journey is about to begin again.

ANN Info Page

This cover art is so much better than the placeholder…lol This is “Reserved For You Order” at Right Stuf for me, so it should ship as soon as Tears To Tiara Part 2 comes in. It might be a while before I get to it. Hidamari Sketch, Tears to Tiara, and of course, Ghost Hound are all fighting for my attention! :slight_smile:

Never heard of this one, this looks a lot like the cast of Gravitation mixed with a female lead set in a time of swords

Neo Angelique Abyss Will Be Premiering on VOD on May 6th, and Hitting the Online Player on May 13th!

http://www.secretvisionsanime.com/index.php?news&nid=11

The first episode was very exciting! I am definitely hooked! :slight_smile:

One girl, ten guys, what’s not to like?

Definitely keeping my eye on this one!

:laugh: Somehow I’d knew you’d like it!

We seem to have similar tastes. :wink:

Episode 2 -

spoiler

Angelique has moved into the Sunlit Mansion and the cat followed her. She keeps him and names him Erwin, but there is something strange about this cat. Rayne doesn’t seem to like either Angelique or the cat. And Erwin doesn’t like Nyx.
Angelique and Rayne are sent to Pharia - Rayne’s hometown - to battle a Thanatos, but someone else already beat them to it. Erwin followed Angelique again but runs off and leads Angelique to a guy hiding under a table – J.D. I wonder why he was hiding. But he’s a purifier too and helps Angelique and Rayne fight the Thanatos. Afterwards, Angelique invites him to go back with them and someone is watching them from an alley. I wonder just who he is watching though.
J.D. refuses Angelique’s offer, but promises to visit the Sunlit Mansion someday. On the way home, Rayne seems to warm up to Angelique a little bit and tells her that he researches artifacts. I loved their reactions when they arrived home to find J.D. already there ahead of them, wearing an apron and cooking!
Director Yorgo salvages an old sailing ship from the sea and calls it the “Stellar Vessel” but I wonder at the significance.

Episode 3 -

spoiler

Angelique and Rayne just got back from Pharia and Nyx is sending them right back for another job. At least they seem more at ease with each other now. Angelique follows a strange butterfly and meets a strange man bathing in a lake. But he disappears before she can talk to him.
The Artifact Foundation has hired them to rid the Stellar Vessel – a spaceship! - of the Thanatos. Rayne seems puzzled that they were hired and not the church as is the usual case with the Foundation. Something is going on here – Erenfried knows Angelique is the Queen’s Egg. And a photographer is watching them too.
As they fight the Thanatos, it looks like two men from the Foundation are recording data. I think this is why they were hired – the Foundation wants to study Angelique! When the fight moves outside, not only is the photographer taking pictures, but Erenfried is on a rooftop with more men and equipment. They must be studying Angelique.
The stranger shows up and saves the photographer. He’s a purifier too. As Angelique purifies the Thanatos, the photographer thinks she might be the Queen’s Egg and the stranger also seems intrigued by her. Once the job is done, Erenfried tells Rayne that his brother is disappointed in him and Angelique now knows that he has a brother.
But as they leave the ship, the stranger is waiting for them. He kneels before Angelique and calls her “Queen” apologizing for his earlier rudeness. He tells Angelique that his name is Hyuga and says that he’s been searching for her. He also tells her that he was once a Knight of the Silver Tree but would now like to be her disciple. Angelique asks him instead to be a companion and help them in their fight. Hyuga kisses her hand and that got a great reaction from Rayne! And Hyuga vows to be Angelique’s shield.
Meanwhile the photographer is getting paid by the Director for the pictures he took and is told to investigate Angelique further. After he leaves, Erenfried presents the collected data to the Director. It seems that the Foundation has plans for Angelique and perhaps not very nice ones at that. And as Nyx and J.D. meet the coach and welcome Hyuga to the Sunlit Mansion, someone is watching them and he looks like he’s with the Foundation. This is getting good!

Episode 4 -

spoiler

Funny how the guys fight over who will cook for Angelique – I need to hire this bunch! However, Angelique would like them to cook together, but it backfires when they all cook separate dishes. Talk about egos! They even fight over the ingredients.
The Artifact Foundation has sent Jet to collect data on Angelique and even kidnap her. Angelique goes shopping and encounters Jet who chases her into the path of a Thanatos so he can collect the required data. Meanwhile Bernard, a reporter, has shown up at the mansion to interview Angelique and see for himself who she is.
When the guys go to look for Angelique, Bernard tags along and gets to witness her power firsthand. The guys help Angelique defeat the Thanatos, but then have to fight Jet when he tries to take her. She uses another form of her power to help strengthen her friends so they can discourage Jet and he retreats. But it’s strange that J.D. and Jet are alike – Jet looks like some kind of android and says that J.D. is “defective”. I can’t wait to find out what they really are.
Angelique gives Bernard permission to write about her. And she finally gets the guys to cook together when she has them make a pear pie with her. Good for her! They are going to have to get along and trust each other if they are going to be fighting together. Cooking together is a good start!

Episode 5 -

spoiler

It seems that the “Orb Hunters” and the Queen’s Egg have a following now because of Bernard’s article. Even the Knights have taken notice and summon them to Celestizam to meet with the head of the order.
On the way they make a stop at Angelique’s old school and it was sad to see that her friends got pushed out of the way by her “fans”. I don’t think Angelique likes her new found fame very much at all. Actually, none of them seemed to enjoy it.
At the village, she feels the pressure and can’t save Mary’s mother. Then she feels like she’s let everyone down. Later she even doubts her ability to save Arcadia, but the guys talk some sense into her. Once she reflects on what’s important and makes some decisions for herself, she’s able to heal Mary’s mother the next day. I’m glad she got her confidence back.
Now I wonder why Hyuga can’t face the Knights. I think there’s more to his story than what he’s said so far.

Episode 6 -

spoiler

Angelique is told by Mathias that the Thanatos are only shadows and that the real enemy is Erbos. Angelique doubts herself again but Mathias reassures her.
Dion speaks with Hyuga and another piece of his puzzle is given. Hyuga refuses to return to the order and it even sounds like he was once the leader. And Dion tells him that he can’t be blamed for “Carlyle”.
Roche shows up and gives Angelique a hard time, but she is rescued by a boy named Rene. However, Roche chases them all over until he’s caught by the knights and his camera film taken. Serves him right! Glad that Nyx and Rayne think they don’t have any need to worry while all this is going on.
Rene tells Angelique that he’s an apprentice knight, but that doesn’t ring true somehow. He takes her to the Great Silver Tree and Angelique feels as if it’s calling to her. She touches it and is filled with warmth. Rene seems surprised by the tree’s reaction to her. He also calls himself “a caged bird” – another mystery.
When Rayne has read fourteen books and Nyx has had twelve cups of tea, they decide it’s time to go. I thought that was funny. And another mystery when J.D. is acting strangely and has some odd memory flashes. I wonder again what his story is too.
They all finally meet and prepare to leave, but Mathias comes and says that Angelique must stay in Celestizam where she will be safe and protected until she is needed. Her companions politely protest and promise to protect her. Angelique adds her protest to theirs when she tells Mathias that she wants to helps people with her companions and stay at the Sunlit Mansion with them. Mathias allows it and they leave.

Episode 6

I agree that J.D. is acting odd, almost robotic, as if he has gears inside rather than internal organs. I think that episode with Jet affected him more than he wants to admit.
And the end part with Rene and Mathias leads me to believe that they are more like brothers than master & apprentice. The wan Rene jumped up on Mathias’ back and called him by his first name was very telling. Also, the way he led Angelique around without a care in the world didn’t seem like the kind of thing an apprentice would do.
Honestly, I can’t tell sometimes if these characters are male or female until they tell us! :blush:

Episode 7

spoiler

After returning from Celestizam, J.D. collapses after murmuring “I have to return…”
Rayne, Hyuga & Nyx struggle to carry him to the couch (he’s quite heavy) to see what’s wrong with him. Nyx begins to call a doctor, but Rayne sees that he’s an artifact and attempts to begin to fix him himself.
Rayne sees a pouch in J.D.'s hand and opens it to find sunflower seeds. After some discussion, Angelique and Hyuga take off on horseback to Kozu where sunflowers are known to be. The others remain behind to try to repair J.D.
At the outskirts of Kozu, Angelique and Hyuga are met by a girl named Rouki and J.D.'s “father”. They are invited into the village to hear J.D.'s strange story.
J.D. was found a few years earlier face-down in a field near by Kozu and taken in by the villagers, in particular Rouki, her father and her brother, Kai. Kai was a strong, happy, energetic youth, who was always smiling. He named the stranger J.D. and did everything to try to make him smile.
One day he went to the house J.D. was staying in and told him to come outside to see the sunflowers. J.D. went outside and everywhere he could see were tall sunflower plants. Kai started to sing a song and dance and J.D. smiled for the first time. As time went on, J.D.'s emotions grew and he wanted everyone to smile.
Then Kai got sick and died. At first, J.D. didn’t understand, he wanted Kai to get up and sing again. But then, he understood. He took several sunflower seeds and put them in a pouch. He then left the village with the hope of bringing smiles to everyone he met. He only wanted to return on Kai’s birthday.
J.D. awoke to Angelique singing Kai’s song. She then explained that she and Hyuga had gone to Kozu in his place to wish Kai ‘Happy Birthday’. J.D. did have some flashbacks to his previous life.
In the middle of the night, Nyx, Rayne and Hyuga stop J.D. from leaving the Hidamari Mansion. Angelique runs out to find out what is happening. J.D. says he must leave, since he isn’t human; he reminds them about Jet, the Artifact that attacked them, saying that he might turn into something like that. Angelique says that if that starts to happen, she’ll just sing Kai’s song.
They all explain that it doesn’t matter if he’s human or an Artifact, they’re all companions, and they will all remain together. J.D. is surprised and goes back with them.

Episode 10 -

spoiler

Director Yorgo tries to blackmail Rayne into rejoining the Foundation when he complains about the Jinx project. What a disaster that project is turning out to be. Erenfield seems more concerned with results and really doesn’t care how he achieves them. All to prove that he’s better than Rayne! It was foolish of him to try to fight the Thanatos underground without authorization. Especially now that the Thanatos are immune to the Jinx. But I’m sure that Jet will save him.
Angelique gets to go to her first ball and it was funny that Nyx introduced her as his fiancée, but I can see why he did it. That was quite a crowd he attracted when he walked in. Nyx intrigues me. He meets an old man that talks of Nyx’s grandfather, but I get the feeling it’s really Nyx - especially since he knew the man’s name was August without being told what it was. Is he immortal? I’m curious to find out more about him.
A Thanatos attacks at the ball, but it doesn’t seem like the usual kind of Thanatos and it seems to be attracted to Nyx. August has a seizure and Nyx goes to help him, leaving his back open to the Thanatos. Angelique attacks it to get it away from Nyx and it turns on her, but Nyx destroys it in time. Angelique is then able to heal August. And later, back at the mansion, Rayne looks a little jealous of Nyx’s attention to Angelique!

Episode 11 -

spoiler

As expected, Jet saved Erenfield, but since Yorgo ordered the Jinx be taken off-line, I think Erenfield is going to be in a lot of trouble. Nice that he can brush it off by saying he’ll do more “research”. And I think I know what that research might be. But because of the Jinx, the Thanatos numbers have increased and they are stronger, so the Orb Hunters have their hands full.
Interesting that the High Elder thanks Mathias for his service and then later sends him a dagger. I wonder what the message is and why Mathias hadn’t expected Rene to bring it to him. I still think Rene is more than what he said he was.
When Angelique’s school is attacked, the Orb Hunters head there and find that Hannah and Sally are missing. And what is that on Nyx’s face? It turns out that Hannah and Sally are with Bernard and Angelique is able to save them all, but it looks like it’s also taking longer to purify the Thanatos too. Then, out of nowhere, Jet kidnaps Angelique! I knew she was going to be the object of Erenfield’s research! Bernard tried to save her and the others tried as well, but were too late. And she loses her necklace too. At least they all know the Foundation has her and I hope they can rescue her.

Episode 11:

Erenfield is such a brat, you just knew as soon as Yorgo told him to stop using the Jinx that has was going to continue anyway. And the Thanatos are like diseased cells, as soon as you get an antidote, the cells become stronger and multiply.
I think the High Elder wants Mathias to kill himself or someone else.
That thing on Nyx’s face is the same thing that appeared when he rescued that girl from the water a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if it has something to do with how he ages.
And, of course, Erenfield needs Angelique to study to help him with his research. I never liked him from the beginning! :wink:

Remember the cat’s reaction to Nyx? There is something on his neck.
My guess is that some alien infestation is keeping Nyx from aging. More of symbiosis as opposed to typical immortality.

You might be right. The more I think about this, the more I think it may be related somehow to the Thanatos. I wonder if Nyx might be part Thanatos.

Episode 12 -

spoiler

I wonder what the “something important” is that Bernard has to tell Angelique. It seems to be something about her necklace. Does he know it from somewhere?
Erenfried has Angelique at the Foundation and wants her to sacrifice herself by giving her power to the Jinx. He has her in some chair contraption to accomplish this. I think his obsession to prove himself is beginning to border on insanity. The Orb Hunters come to save Angelique as expected, but Erenfried is ready for them and attacks them with the Jinx. But Angelique can feel their presence and as they fight, she manages to get out of the chair and sends them strength.
Afterwards, Yorgo walks in and puts a final end to the fight. Erenfried should be in big trouble now! Angelique is free to go and happy to see her friends, but before they leave, Yorgo asks to speak to Rayne privately and then confides in him. It seems that the Thanatos have become too powerful to defeat. He would like to link Angelique to the Jinx as well, but Rayne refuses. Later on, Angelique suggests the same thing – she wants to save everyone. Rayne tells her about Yorgo’s plan. Her power could destroy the Thanatos, but could also kill her. Rayne promises not to let her die and leaves the decision in her hands. Knowing Angelique, I think she will do it. I just hope it works.