Dokkoida?! / Sumeba Miyako no Cosmos-sou Suttoko Taisen Dokkoider

Episode 9 -

spoiler

A very funny tribute to Marilyn Monroe! Even the title of the episode is a parody of “Some Like It Hot”. When a famous star goes missing, Kosuzu gets a call that they must search for her. I like how Suzuo is reading his Dokkoida handbook and practicing his moves in the background. When the doorbell rings, it’s the missing star, Marilyn Ronmoe come to stay with them for a week. For some reason, she knows that Suzuo is Dokkoida.
Dr. Marronflower gets a mysterious visit from someone named Sam Shark, who is actually a shark.
Suzuo and Kosuzu give Marilyn a tour of the town, but it’s kind of short and boring. I like the mention of Marilyn’s movies here, especially “Gentlemen Prefer Platinum” and “Itching for Seven Years”. :laugh: As they try to figure how to keep the star entertained, Marilyn says that she’d like to meet their neighbors, so they get together for a midnight picnic in the park. They have some interesting “talents”, but I like the little girls singing a Dokkoida song.
Marilyn meets Dr. Marronflower and tells him that she “officially” came to tell him who Dokkoida and Neruloid Girl are. However, her real reason for coming was just to see him. Apparently she had a thing for him a few years ago and waited for him to come back to her. She even made it easy to find her by becoming a big movie star, but he never came, so she had to come to him.
It’s a set up! Sam Shark and his gang show up and kidnap her. She is about to get engaged to a wealthy man and they want a ransom. Kosuzu sees them and calls Dokkoida. He attacks their ship and fails. Then everyone one else gets the same call. And they still don’t recognize each other – even getting the same call at the same time!! But no one can save Marilyn as the ship leaves the atmosphere.
Dr. Marronflower to the rescue! He takes on the entire gang of Shark Pirates and manages to save Marilyn. She wants to stay with him, but he leaves her again, and says will never forget her. As the newscaster announces her engagement, she will always have fond memories of her beloved pirate. sigh LOL
Marronflower made a pretty hot pirate in his younger days! And Marilyn never told him the identities of Dokkoida and Neruloid Girl before they parted - or did she?

I laughed the most at “Itching For Seven Years” … and at the electronics shop when Kurika walks out and the sign says “Jonwood” instead of “Kenwood” …

Ep. 10

Cosmo House the reality show! It was funny how the ratings tanked after the wrong fanservice aired. They also had some real pervs watching. At least they got their mandatory beach/hot spring episode in.

Sadly those are the types of shows that get the best ratings in reality as well…

Ep. 11

What happened to our light comedy? A coup and the police after Tanpopo. Was not expecting this twist.

Sorry, I’m behind on this one as well.

ShawnMerrow -

And it was funny that one of the pervs was Ruri’s own pretend dad! :lol:

Razmoudah - You are so right!

Episode 10 -

spoiler

The Inspector gives permission to do a reality TV series on the group and sends Chief Mogumokkuru to act as a consultant, but he can’t let anyone know who he really is. He goes undercover as the building manager and wears a mask, but it really doesn’t do much since you can still see him plainly from the sides. Everyone in the building is talking about him and Suzuo is annoyed that everyone has gathered in his apartment. I like how they have all become friends of sorts, but still don’t recognize one another.
The producer announces the show as “Cosmos House 24/7” and says that it’s a live show of a top secret project. I guess it’s not so secret anymore! Then he says “let’s get the flesh” and shows little Tanpopo at swimming class. Just before she dives into the pool, she stops because she feels someone is watching her.
Asaka is lying on the bed and feels that something isn’t right. Kurika undresses and the ratings go past twenty percent. Little Ruri is hot and I like how the baby says that “daddy’s watching bad stuff”, while Ruri goes to take a cold shower. But I think Sayuri’s “summer special” topped them all! The audience must have thought so too, since the ratings went past thirty percent and they are now the number one program – all without them realizing it!
The producer is told that women have been complaining that the show is “not age appropriate or educational”, but the producer doesn’t care because “showbiz is all about the dough”. Also sad, but true of today’s television programing as well. He hit the nail on the head with that line! The producer is so happy that he says that “they’ll put questions about the program in the network quiz shows.” For some reason, Jeopardy came immediately to my mind.
Then it’s time for the “vacation” episode. Suzuo “wins” a ticket to a hot spring from the disguised Chief, but there are conditions attached, so he has to take the other residents along. It would have been really funny if he had asked someone else to go. On the train ride to the hot spring, the Chief is disguised as the stewardess and Asaka says that she looks familiar.
Once at the hot spring, the Chief is disguised as a hostess. Tanpopo tells the other girls that she looks a lot like their building manager and Kurika agrees with her, but they brush it off as coincidence. Later, the guys are soaking in the spring when they hear the girls. The Dr. wants to peep at them and pulls out a drill – I don’t want to know where he had it!
The entire viewing audience waits for the women’s big scene, but the lenses steam up and a naked Marronflower is shown instead. So funny! This causes complaints to flood the network and the Inspector wants the Chief to pretend to be Marronflower in order to force the group into their alter egos and thus boost the ratings again. The chief doesn’t look too bad as Marronflower, but his “robot” was a real piece of junk! And instead of Dokkoida and Neruloid Girl, he gets planes with missiles! Back at the hot spring, the group is eating and thinks the explosions are some kind of fireworks show.
After this latest disaster, the sponsors pull out and the show gets canceled. The poor Chief gets blamed by the Inspector and the still clueless apartment residents wonder what happened to the building manager. Too funny!

I agree with you ShawnMerrow. Wow!

Episode 11 -

spoiler

This was a sad, serious episode, compared to the others. What a twist!
The episode starts with another battle and a little kitten gets in the way. They are all concerned and Dokkoida is able to save it, winning praise from friends and supposed enemies alike. This group has really grown close despite the fact that they should be fighting each other.
There is a GFP meeting and Chief Mogumokkuru is saying that they have completed gathering the data on the power suits and all that’s left is to analyze it. The senator interrupts the meeting and says it won’t be necessary – that the whole project was a decoy for another and tells them about J.G.P. – Judge Green Project.
Suzuo and Kosuzu are informed by the Chief that their power suit project has been suspended, and the others are informed as well. Everyone is sad and upset. Ruri’s “family” tells Suzuo that they will be moving to a farm in the country. Marronflower says that he’s received an offer and will be moving to England. Asaka suggests they all have a big going away party.
The criminals find out that their arrests have been postponed by a day, so they’ll all be able to go to the party after all. Marronflower tells Kurika to stay on Earth, but she refuses, promising to go where he goes, since her place is with him. Edelweiss says that they should stick together and fight, but Hyacinth tells he that the Osabaki M5 is too powerful and that everything is over.
At the party, I think that they should have admitted to one another who they really were. It would have been a perfect opportunity. As it is, Suzuo gets drunk and cries.
The next day, Suzuo wonders what will happen to everyone and says he’d like Kosuzu to stay with him, but she tells him that she isn’t allowed to live on Earth permanently. She pulls out a Memory Manipulation Gun and tells him that she has to erase his memories. Suzuo says that he wants to keep his memories of everyone and swears not to tell a soul. Kosuzu cries and says that she’ll remember for the both of them. She says “goodbye brother” and pulls the trigger. There is a bright flash of light and Kosuzu is gone, along with his memory, although it looks as if he seems to feel that someone else should be there with him.
Tanpopo is back at work, when an injured Chief Mogumokkuru comes in and says that he needs Dokkoida – that the universe is in trouble.
Suzuo goes on with his life, but it still looks to me that he feels something is missing.
One day he comes home to find an injured Tanpopo waiting for him. She calls him “brother”, but he doesn’t know who she is. She tells him that the Osabaki M5 failed; it was hacked and there was a governmental coup. Suzuo offers to call her an ambulance, while Tanpopo tries to shoot him with the Memory Manipulation Gun in order to bring his memory back, but after repeated tries, it doesn’t work and Tanpopo collapses. Suzuo goes to call the police, but his memory suddenly comes back all on its own.
The GFP show up and Asaka, concerned for his safely, runs to Suzuo’s apartment. However, instead of Suzuo, she finds the superhero Dokkoida with Tanpopo in his arms.

Well, I like how this show worked out in the end, although it seemed to be a little rushed. Then again, given it was pretty lighthearted up to the last couple episodes, really going in depth would probably be taking it too seriously for the tone of the show.

Is it wrong to think Edelwiess the cutest character?

rebecca1/2 wrote:

It isn’t wrong at all - she is the cutest!

Episode 12 -

spoiler

What an episode! Kurika is shown to be destroyed. Tanpopo has been labeled a spy and Dokkoida as her accomplice. Dokkoida’s identity is announced on TV to be Suzuo and Dr. Marronflower is watching TV in prison.
Dokkoida looks like a real superhero now, fighting the police with his Alpha Waves of Zealousness. Asaka is in the crowd watching – I guess she didn’t get her memory back. The police have a device that disables Dokkoida and just when it looks like he’s losing, Dr. Marronflower shows up and saves him. Hyacinth and Pierre are there, as well as Edelweiss and when she calls Dokkoida “Coach”, he finally realizes who everyone is. He says that they must be embarrassed to be walking around in those outfits and Dr. Marronflower says “look who’s talking”. Pretty funny! The cops say that they should be ashamed for joining forces with known criminals, but I wasn’t sure if they were talking about Dokkoida joining them or vice versa, since they are all thought to be criminals now. But the group says that they are fighting together as Cosmos House residents.
The police are ordered to retreat and the Osabaki M5s appear. The group is back in Suzuo’s apartment, planning strategy. It’s decided that the best thing to do is to go to the Osabaki factory and get proof of Senator Woodpecker’s crime. However, they need a ship – a battleship. Tanpopo says that they have one “right here”. It turns out that the entire apartment building is a huge battle ship and they take off. Sadly, Neruloid Girl isn’t with them. I wish someone had given her back her memory. It’s just no fun without the entire group!
The Osabaki M5s attack the ship and Dr. Marronflower talks to Kurika about the situation, deciding that if he destroys the brain, the rest of the M5s will be useless. In speaking with Kurika here, it sounds like he really has some deep feelings for her, which shows that he really isn’t all that bad either. He leaves the ship with Kurika and the others watch him fly right into the brain. It explodes and I think he dies. What a brave thing for him to do – sacrificing himself so that the others may succeed.
Chief Mogumokkuru’s assistant now works for Woodpecker. I couldn’t believe that she was such a traitor, but there was a method to her madness. She got close enough to Woodpecker to get a confession of sorts from him and record it. Just the evidence they need!
The heroes crash their ship into the factory and fight the security bots, but things aren’t going well. Edelweiss is terrified and Hyacinth gives her some encouragement. Afterwards, some blood trickles down Hyacinth’s forehead and she collapses to the floor. Pierre, in animal form, joins her lays down next to her. It’s a very touching scene. As she pets him, she talks of the fireworks that they had all seen together at the festival and says that she’d like to do it again. She dies too? And Pierre as well? Wow. I wasn’t expecting this at all!
Dokkoida and Tanpopo go to destroy the central computer, but it’s protected by a bunch of security bots. The Chief is free and goes to arrest Woodpecker. The Chief’s assistant shows him the recording, but he has one million Osabaki M5s at his command.
When the doors open and Dokkoida and Tanpopo see all the Osabaki M5s, Tanpopo says that they should retreat, but Dokkoida refuses, saying that he can destroy them with his Alpha Waves of Zealousness. All over the galaxy, the children are cheering for Dokkoida. Dr. Marronflower is shown floating in space, dead? Hyacinth and Pierre are shown, dead? Then a defeated Edelweiss is shown – also dead? Dokkoida and Tanpopo hear the cheering children and Dokkoida is ready to go, but Tanpopo has to tell him that there isn’t a releaser in the suit for the Alpha Waves of Zealousness after all – he had been doing it on his own all this time, from his heart.
There is the sound of clapping and they look up to see Asaka. Finally! But, how did she get there? Asaka tells Dokkoida that she still might fall in love with him and reveals herself to be Neruloid Girl. They join forces to destroy the Osabaki M5s and I like that they say – “two in body, one in mind” – a true superhero motto!
Tanpopo is giving her final log entry. She is back on Earth at Cosmos House and is cooking one of her weird “meals”. Suzuo and Asaka are outside talking to each other when Kosuzu calls them into breakfast. Asaka loves the food and it looks as if Suzuo can’t understand how she could possibly eat it. There is a flashback where the three of them are told that they can have any reward they like. Kosuzu and Asaka aren’t sure what they want, so Suzuo answers for all three of them. That evening a ship arrives, bringing the “criminals” and everyone is back together! I’m so happy that they didn’t all die after all. Suzuo’s wish was that they all live together again at Cosmos House. I love happy endings! This turned out to be a really fun show!

Also loved the ending of episode 12.

i finally finished this one up today… i didnt foresee it turning all serious like it did in ep 11… and the conclusion was to die for!!
i was really happy with this series and im about to buy it!

thanks TAN!

yoka