Don't Hurt Me, My Healer / Kono Healer, Mendokusai

Don’t Hurt Me, My Healer / Kono Healer, Mendokusai

Genres: comedy
Themes: knights
Objectionable content: Mild
Plot Summary: The “isekai burnt-out adventurer comedy” centers on two adventurers: the hopeless swordsman Arvin, and the sarcastic dark-elf healer Karla, who seems to be more talented with ticking people off than healing.
Number of Episodes: 12
Vintage: 2022-04-10

ANN Info Page

1 Like

‘Kono Healer, Mendokusai’ Fantasy Comedy Manga Gets TV Anime

posted on 2021-04-13 23:36 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Tannen ni Hakkō’s manga about hopeless swordsman, sharp-tongued healer

‘Kono Healer, Mendokusai’ Anime’s Teaser Unveils Cast, Staff, 2022 Debut

posted on 2021-10-19 23:59 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Aguri Ōnishi, Takuya Satō star in fantasy comedy anime, with Ōnishi also performing opening song

‘Kono Healer, Mendokusai’ Anime’s Video Reveals More Cast, Opening Song, April Debut

posted on 2022-01-15 07:59 EST by Egan Loo
Asuka Tomari plays Mushroom (Ortegaia), Karla’s Aguri Ōnishi sings opening

2 Likes

Aguri Onishi’s Spring 2022 TV Anime Kono Healer, Mendokusai OP Theme Hits Stores on April 13

February 02, 2022 10:15pm CST
She also voices the anime’s main heroine Karla

1 Like

Aguri Onishi Shows Off Her Cute & Pop Performance in Don’t Hurt Me, My Healer! OP Theme MV

March 03, 2022 6:10pm CST
Her 3rd single “Jellyfish na Kimi e” hits stores April 13

Crunchyroll to Stream Don’t Hurt Me, My Healer! Anime This Spring

March 03, 2022 9:02pm CST
A new Japanese key visual and trailer has been released!

1 Like

Don’t Hurt Me, My Healer! | OFFICIAL TRAILER

2 Likes

The Spring 2022 Preview Guide - Don’t Hurt Me, My Healer!

Apr 10th 2022

Don’t Hurt Me, My Healer - Crunchyroll Spring 2022 Spotlight

April 10, 2022 12:00pm CDT
Get ready for the misadventures of a knight and a healer, starting today!

2 Likes

Don’t Hurt Me, My Healer! TV Anime Adds 20+ Guest Cast Members

April 11, 2022 7:13am CDT
Non-credit OP published for adaptation based on fantasy comedy manga by Tannen ni Hakkou

2 Likes

It might be hard to get through this one. Carla is a real turn-off for this anime, but I will try to give it a chance.

3 Likes

Wicca, I can most certainly say you’re not alone in this statement…

@Psychopuppet shares our opinion on her, and I’m certain he’s not the only one…

Carla’s practically, if not completely intolerable…

But…

There’s a REB in it…

:sob::sob::sob:

4 Likes
Summary

The bear monster was the best character. :rofl:

4 Likes

I seen the trailer is this anime have an RP game concept to it ?

2 Likes

Somewhat, I think. I mean there is a knight, and the elf is a healer, and they do form a party.

2 Likes

This series is for me, at most, a three episode one. If I last that long. I think I have PTSD from the first episode.

3 Likes

I wonder if manga creators in general themselves get a little annoyed by their our work when it gets animated, when the creators watch it for themselves, like all of us anime fans do :thinking:

2 Likes

Is the first episode starting off that bad at the beginning? :thinking:

@MaouSadao @Psychopuppet @LadyOfWicca @Newshawk

2 Likes

The healer is a nasty character. If there’s no redeeming qualities to her, most will just drop the show, if they haven’t already done so with the first episode.

2 Likes

There are more then a few shows where one of the MC’s have horrible personalities,but usually the other MC’s or side/background Characters balance things out. This being the first episode and only three characters appearing. 2 of which are the MC’s. One being a nasty personality with a superiority complex and the other basically seems to be well a weak personality with a complex of some kind. It’s not a good start and just very off putting.

I’m wondering if this is one of those reads better then shows deals.

I’m going to give it as many episodes as I can take ,but if it keeps up I don’t think I can take much. Need to remember to save something cheerful for after.

4 Likes

Let’s see…

Knight is being attacked by a bear monster, when a healer just appears out of the blue. He asks for her to help him, and, instead, she starts berating him for asking for help. They start arguing for what feels like the entire runtime of a much better show, while, I kid you not, the bear monster waits for them to stop arguing!!! Then, after they stop arguing, she finally casts a healing spell, which, because she got startled, TURNS INTO A CURSE THAT WILL KILL THE KNIGHT IF HE LEAVES HER!!! AND SHE THINKS HE’S THANKING HER FOR CURSING HIM!!!

That is the opening scene of this series…

There’s about 17 more minutes of this episode after these events occur, in which the bear monster is the single decent character of…

To make matters EVEN worse, the way Carla talks… It’s absolute deadpan… “OH, I CURSED YOU. YOU’RE GRATEFUL, BUT YOU DON’T HAVE TO GROVEL. I’M TAKING THIS AS A GIFT.”
Needless to say, she probably doesn’t have a soul to begin with, but I digress…

And unlike @Newshawk and @Psychopuppet, I’m gonna force my way through this one, just because there’s a red-eyed blonde in the ending credits…

Please excuse me… I need to go watch a better show to calm down… Like Shironeko Project or Ancient Girls Frame

3 Likes