Durarara! / Durarara!×2

###Durarara!

Buy Durarara!! DVD Collections
Buy Durarara!! Blu-ray Lunch Box Limited Edition $149.98

Durarara!! Official US Homepage

[quote]Genres: action, drama, supernatural, thriller
Themes: coming of age, conspiracy, crime, Dullahan, fighting, Gangs, growing up, social-networking
Objectionable content: Significant
Number of episodes: 24
Vintage: 2010-01-07 to 2010-06-24

Plot Summary: Ryūgamine Mikado is a boy who longs for the exciting life of the big city. At the invitation of his childhood friend Masaomi, he transfers to a school in Ikebukuro. Masaomi has warned him about people he doesn’t want to cross in the city: a champion fighter, an informant, and a mysterious gang called “Dollars.” Nervous from Masaomi’s stories, Mikado witnesses an urban legend on his first day in the city, the Headless Rider astride a black motorcycle. From then on, the existence of supernatural cases and a gang called the Yellow Scarves will rise to the surface, and Ikebukuro will pushed to the breaking point.[/quote]
Durarara!! info on ANN

[details=Episodes on Adult Swim]

1. Exit 1/First Words (June 25, 2011)
  2. Highly Unpredictable (July 2)
  3. Rampant Evil (July 9)
  4. Utterly Alone (July 16)
  5. False Advertising (July 23)
  6. Active Interest (July 30)
  7. Badass Dude (August 6)
  8. Ephemeral Dream (August 13)
  9. Love and Cherish (August 20)
  10. Never Before Seen (August 27)
  11. Storm and Stress (September 3)
  12. Yin and Yang (September 10)
    12.5 Heaven’s Vengeance (September 17)
  13. Takes a Sudden Turn (September 24)
  14. Turmoil Reigns (October 1)
  15. Dumb Like a Fox (October 8)
  16. Mutual Love (October 15)
  17. Everything Changes (October 22)
  18. Out of Your Control (October 29)
  19. Anarchy (November 5)
  20. A New King Will Arise (November 12)
  21. Everything Covered in Fog (November 19)
  22. Declaration of Disbandment (November 26)
  23. Complicated and Confused (December 3)
  24. Selfless Devotion (December 10)
  25. World at Peace (December 17, 2011)[/details]

###Durarara!!×2 Shō

Genres: action, mystery, supernatural
Themes: assassins, gangs, social-networking, yakuza
Objectionable content: Significant
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2015-01-10

Plot Summary: A half a year after the war of the Yellow Scarves, Ikebukuro has begun to return to normal. High school is in session, Izaya is back to scheming, and Celty, the legendary headless rider, is still chased by the police as she rides through the town. But a few unusual things have slipped into the mix. Gradually, thanks to outside elements, Ikebukuro will be thrown back into chaos.

Durarara!!×2 info on ANN

###Durarara!!×2 Ten

Genres: action, mystery
Vintage: 2015-07-04

Plot Summary: Ikebukuro – a place filled with conspiracy plotters. After an information exchange center has been attacked, a young man who possesses the strength of two color gangs: “Dollars” and “Blue Squares,” walks on a path to end the chaos with his own ideologies.

ANN Info Page

###Durarara!!×2 Ketsu

Genres: action, mystery
Vintage: 2016-01-09

Plot Summary: Ikebukuro is engulfed in a spiral of confusion. A group of individuals, each carrying the weight of their own past, gathers at Shinra’s apartment, while in the city the Dollars, Yellow Scarves, and Saika contend for power. However, the situation takes a turn that no one could expect when Celty’s head is revealed to the public, as this tale approaches its conclusion.

ANN Info Page

Durarara!!×2 Ten Gaiden!? (OAV) Vintage: 2015-11-14

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-05-28/durarara-to-run-on-u.s-adult-swim-network-in-june
[size=20]Durarara!! to Run on U.S. Adult Swim Network in June[/size]
posted on 2011-05-28 16:37 EDT

Aniplex’s 26 English-dubbed episodes to also run on AdultSwim.com

The production company Aniplex of America announced at its FanimeCon Durarara!! panel on Saturday that the anime series will begin running on the American television network Adult Swim in June. The 26-episode anime will run during the network’s Saturday evening programming block. Adult Swim’s website will also stream episodes after their television run.

The 2010 Durarara!! anime adapts Ryohgo Narita’s suspense action light novels of the same name. After launching his earlier Baccano! light novel series, Narita wrote Durarara!!'s “warped adolescent fantasy romance” about the colorful young denizens of Tokyo’s Ikebukuro neighborhood. Narita has written nine Durarara!! novel volumes since 2004, and Akiyo Satorigi began drawing a manga series in Square Enix’s G Fantasy magazine in 2009.

Aniplex shipped the first two parts of the anime on DVD, and the third and final part is shipping this month. The website Crunchyroll began streaming the anime outside Japan as it aired.

I’ve been told time and again to watch this, but I never got around to it.
Now I guess I don’t have any excuses since I’m already watching AS at the time.

I approve of this decision, this was an awesome show. Might be a chance to check out the dub while I wait for a complete series set that is affordable.

Can’t say I believe they got this on AS, I’ve tried watching it before, but not the type of show I go out of the way to watch for me, but now that I can sit back and enjoy maybe I can enjoy it a bit more than I did before.

The story looks interesting. I look forward to trying it out.

One of my favorite shows so good news. Will give me a chance to to watch the dub.

The announcement says 26 episodes so that must include the 2 extras? Happy about that.

I guess it will start the second week of June, but I can’t tell as AS really plays the future schedule close to the vest…

[quote=Newshawk]
I guess it will start the second week of June, but I can’t tell as AS really plays the future schedule close to the vest…[/quote]

Well, unless they’re really keeping it a GOOD secret, they don’t have it on their schedule through June 18.

This kind of has me wondering what is going on with Inuyasha Final Act even more now. Last news was like a year ago saying dubbing was starting.

[quote=psychopuppet]
This kind of has me wondering what is going on with Inuyasha Final Act even more now. Last news was like a year ago saying dubbing was starting.[/quote]
I’m pretty sure Inuyasha Final Act is the third possible license that AS mentioned ages ago.

Durarara!!'s 3rd (and final) part release is in 2 days, so I think this is just an extra series thrown in because Aniplex made a deal with AS that they felt they couldn’t refuse (probably a lot of money).

So I think the new Inuyasha will be the third, since VIZ still hasn’t solicited the first DVD yet.
Their Sept. solicitations are starting to pop up, and still no Inuyasha, so I think they’re sitting on it for airing.
Still no Monster either, so it’s really up in the air as to what VIZ is up to.

Though, I still think the new Inuyasha is the third (possible) license that AS mentioned.

This looks fantastic and I gotta admit, I’m glad [adult swim] got a 20 something episode anime again. Forever ongoing animes tend to tire you out when you have many consecutive ones going in a row.

So, it looks like, unless they decide to surprise us, this isn’t airing in June since it’s still Kekkaishi through the 25th.

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]

So, it looks like, unless they decide to surprise us, this isn’t airing in June since it’s still Kekkaishi through the 25th.[/quote]

I’m fine with it. Going back to the beginning still feels fresh to me.

Does make me wonder though…
As I said, unless they are going to surprise us, that would mean it would fall on weekend leading up to a holiday (the 4th).
I wonder if they’re fine with that.

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
Does make me wonder though…
As I said, unless they are going to surprise us, that would mean it would fall on weekend leading up to a holiday (the 4th).
I wonder if they’re fine with that.[/quote]

Let’s assume the target date is around mid-July that way we’re not perseverating over it and it airs when it airs. Personally these games are just stupid but us viewers are only along for the ride.

Assuming they’re waiting for FLCL to finish, and start Durarara!! at the 12:30 mark and move Kekkaishi to the 1:30 mark, that would put it at July 2.
All of that is just assumption though.

But in the end, all we really can do is wait until they announce it.

So we got a bump tonight.
Sadly it was less than helpful in determining the actual date it’s going to air, but ended with “Coming very soon.”

And now, it looks like the backdoor schedule says it’s going to start on the 25th, taking the time slot Kekkaishi.
So there we go.

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
And now, it looks like the backdoor schedule says it’s going to start on the 25th, taking the time slot Kekkaishi.
So there we go.[/quote]

I saw that last night myself, but I wasn’t logged in here.