Durarara! / Durarara!×2

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
And now, it looks like the backdoor schedule says it’s going to start on the 25th, taking the time slot Kekkaishi.
So there we go.[/quote]
Just so we’re clear, they now have a promo saying it would start this Saturday June 25th.

[video no longer exists]

[size=5]REMINDER!

This Starts Tomorrow Night At 12:30am EST / 11:30 CST[/size]

Taking the time slot Kekkaishi.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-06-25/durarara-premieres-on-u.s-tv-adult-swim-tonight
[size=20]Durarara!! Premieres on U.S. TV’s Adult Swim Tonight[/size]
posted on 2011-06-25 09:45 EDT

Ryohgo Narita’s suspense action story of Tokyo’s colorful young denizens

The Durarara!! television anime series premieres on the American television network Adult Swim tonight at 12:30 a.m. and 4:30 a.m. EDT/PDT.

The 2010 Durarara!! anime adapts Ryohgo Narita’s suspense action light novels of the same name. After launching his earlier Baccano! light novel series, Narita wrote Durarara!!'s “warped adolescent fantasy romance” about the colorful young denizens of Tokyo’s Ikebukuro neighborhood.

Narita has written nine Durarara!! novel volumes since 2004, and Akiyo Satorigi began drawing a manga series in Square Enix’s G Fantasy magazine in 2009. Aniplex shipped the entire 26-episode anime on DVD in North America. The website Crunchyroll streamed the anime outside Japan as it aired.

This could very well be the best triple premiere Saturday ever. Bleach/Durarara/FMA:B

I can’t wait for this series to begin. :slight_smile: Just a few hours away!!!

-lol-
You can keep Blechk… I mean Bleach.

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
-lol-
You can keep Blechk… I mean Bleach.[/quote]

:smiley: Fine by me.

-lol-
And I’ll keep FMA:B & Durarara!! and call it even!

I enjoyed the first episode of the series. Did not really get a lot done then set the stage and introduce the characters ,but it was a good first episode. Shame the price of the sets are a little pricey when compared to most anime. Hopefully they are not counting on this giving it sales cause until it’s at least $35.00 a set I don’t see it selling a lot more then it currently has. As of now the cheapest is $127.44 for all three sets. You can’t even use got anime or coupons on it. So basically they are charging what three to five series cost from other companies for one series. Course guess also have to figure in what is the cost of getting sleep worth. Then figure in since it’s in the middle of two series I’m watching anyway is that still a valid point?

Course FMA is going to be over in a month or two. So I guess it will depend on what they replace that with. In the end it looks good so far ,but hopefully they lower the MSRP to at least $34.98 a set and get it into more places.

Also I know they censored the cussing ,but the bleeping made me chuckle.

The censors were on the move for the very first episode. lol

[quote=psychopuppet]
Course FMA is going to be over in a month or two. So I guess it will depend on what they replace that with. In the end it looks good so far ,but hopefully they lower the MSRP to at least $34.98 a set and get it into more places.

Also I know they censored the cussing ,but the bleeping made me chuckle.[/quote]

Would love it if they lowered the price myself. Pretty painful as is. Seems that’s the way their stuff is released, though. It’s put out like a limited edition with extras and fancy packaging to justify the extra cost. Personally, I care a lot more about the show then anything extra. Wouldn’t mind a more stripped down version even, if that made it more affordable.

As for the dub itself, didn’t think it was that great. I’m certainly not a dub hater, either. Just seemed off to me. Can’t say why for sure even after watching it twice. Wasn’t the censoring, anyway, that was to be expected on TV.

It’s been bugging me all day, and I just finally decided to look it up.

Last night, while watching it, I thought to myself that the character designs looked familiar in style, and have been banging my head trying to remember all day.

As it turns out, the Original Character Design is done by the same guy who created Yozakura Quartet.

While I’m thinking about it, I noticed that Dish didn’t list the name of the episode. The first episode was called “First Words”

If you’re ever in question as to the name of an episode, Slow will be adding them to the first post of this thread.

For what it’s worth the episode description on my DVR has it listed as “Exit 1; First Words”. Another place has it listed as “Exit 1 / First Words”. The in show title lists both, too.

Edit: Funny enough the one on on demand (Comcast) has it as “Exit 1/ First Words” in the description but in the actual episode the sub title says “Exit 1 / First Word”. So five places all say something a little different.

And that’s 15 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.

I don’t know why you’d even bother.
As I said, Slow is adding them to the first post in the thread, and as of ep. 01, it is exactly correct.

However, so everyone is on the same page…
Here’s the official US homepage (also put in the first post) which has all the English episode titles.

http://www.durararausa.com/

I did because I felt like it. I have better stuff I could have been doing but I was bored so whatever. It was just a simple comment on my part about how Exit 1 and First Words are used. Can’t really say it’s “exactly correct” when it’s listed in so many different ways. Could say the website is official but more official then in show sub titles? Just found it funny that it was listed so many ways. Which happened when I actually come back from something else and checked the one on demand.

It was never a big deal, though. However, if you want to get technical the webiste lists the title as “Exit 1 / First Words” not “Exit 1/First Words” which is in the first post.

-lol-
This is the comment I was referring to…

[quote=Tanrim]
And that’s 15 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.[/quote]

Really, if you feel that way, and it’s that much of a waste to you, why even bother rehashing the obvious anyways?
Particularly when it’s already been stated that it’s in the first post.

My mistake then, sorry.

That would be the answer, though. It’s my OCD moment of the day, perhaps? It happens. The question should have been why I was crazy enough to go one step further, stop what I was doing, check the on demand episode then edit the info in. I’ll shut up now.

[quote=TheCoffeeGod]
If you’re ever in question as to the name of an episode, Slow will be adding them to the first post of this thread.[/quote]

I just noticed that. Cool.

Quick question as I can’t catch it till it’s added online, did they keep Holo in it, and the Baccano scenes in the background. Later keep an ear out for a Bludgeon to Death Angel reference too for me, I am curious if those are allowed.