Durarara! / Durarara!×2

[quote=mitamaking]
Quick question as I can’t catch it till it’s added online, did they keep Holo in it, and the Baccano scenes in the background. Later keep an ear out for a Bludgeon to Death Angel reference too for me, I am curious if those are allowed.[/quote]

Yes they kept the Holo standee and Baccano playing on the TV screen in the background.

EEEEeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh. Not a fan of the dub so far. Will continue to watch, though.

[quote=ZakuAce]
EEEEeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh. Not a fan of the dub so far. Will continue to watch, though.[/quote]

It’s Bang Zoom dubbing I did not expect much out of them so I found it better then some of the dubs over the recent years from them. They use to be one of the better dub studios now they just seem like they are telling some of the actors/actresses read this and you add a Russian accent to your Engrish. :laugh:

Second episode left me kind of in a not really caring funk. It’s a decent distraction it’s just at a episode a week the series if it does not keep a decent pace and tries a little to hard to know characters it may just bore more then entertain. Honestly this is one of those shows I’d rather buy and watch all of it in a short time time then spread out at a episode a week.

I’ll try and give this show a rewatch sometime in the future. The first episode bored the hell out of me.

And since I brought this up after ep. 01, I thought I’d touch on it again after tonights ep. 03…

[quote]
It’s been bugging me all day, and I just finally decided to look it up.

Last night, while watching it, I thought to myself that the character designs looked familiar in style, and have been banging my head trying to remember all day.

As it turns out, the Original Character Design is done by the same guy who created Yozakura Quartet.[/quote]

Anri Sonohara really looks like Hime Yarisakura from Yozakura Quartet, with short hair and glasses.
Might even be a little closer to Kotoha Isone.

Which I also find doubly humorous that this episode focused on Anri a lot and had a YQ reference when the guys are talking with the otaku.

-screen from YT-

[details=spoiler]In the Rampant Evil episode, what the hell was the green shirt guy from The Dollar Gang doing when Mikato was pushed to save the girl?

It looked like he was masturbating.[/details]

Approx 13 minutes in I think.

[quote=Snowy_Stampede]
spoiler … Approx 13 minutes in I think.[/quote]

Yes.

If anyone is still confused about what to get me for Christmas… I’ll take Shizuo, please.

[size=20]Durarara Arm Cushions Let Fans Rest in Anime Characters’ Arms[/size]
L-shaped Dream Cushions decorated with upper bodies of male leads

The hobby goods maker Kotobukiya announced this week that it will begin offering Dream Cushions — L-shaped pillows decorated with male characters’ upper bodies to let fans “rest in the arms of a charming man.” The first two Dream Cushion covers are adorned with the Durarara!! characters Shizuo Heiwajima (above) and Izaya Orihara (below).

According to Kotobukiya, “the covers are pleasantly smooth and soft to the touch. Wrapping yourself in the embrace of these plush cushions will take you to your dreams.” There are two different illustrations on the front and back of each cushion cover so fans can enjoy whichever expression they prefer — the faces of Izaya or Shizuo when they are awake, or the private, usually unseen side of these characters when they are asleep.

Each Dream Cushion cover costs 4,500 yen (about US$58), while the inner polyester cushion is sold separately at 3,500 yen (US$45). The cushion measures 750 by 750 millimeters (about 30 by 30 inches).

Kotobukiya will offer advance sales of the cushion covers (along with tarot card sets by illustrator Maya Takamura) at the Comic Market event in Tokyo at the end of this month. The covers will then be available at Kotobukiya stores next month.

[quote=Slowhand]
If anyone is still confused about what to get me for Christmas… I’ll take Shizuo, please.[/quote]

Not if I get him first! :evil:

The final episode of Durarara!! will air this Saturday, December 17.

Technically, the final episode of Durarara!! aired last week.
The 25 episode is a bonus extra episode, just like 12.5

I wasn’t exactly crazy about that bonus ep.

###Aniplex USA to Release Durarara!! Anime on Blu-ray Disc
posted on 2012-07-28 14:50 EDT

I’d not mind owning Durarara on Blu-ray but I’m curious as to the price . Probably justify a high cost because of the easily dented limited edition lunch box. If it’s the same price as ROD TV on Blu-ray was I’d strongly think about it, but Sept is also a very expensive month I was hoping for a little break in Oct…

[size=16]**Now up at Rightstuf:**[/size]
Durarara!! Blu-ray Complete Set (Hyb) Lunch Box Limited Edition $149.98

MSRP 189.98

[quote]**Now up at Rightstuf:**
Durarara!! Blu-ray Complete Set (Hyb) Lunch Box Limited Edition $149.98

MSRP 189.98[/quote]
I’m not sure about wanting it that is actually cheaper then the ROD Blu-ray set but Sept. I got the Lego Haunted House $159.99 and then the Indiana Jones Blu-ray $69.98. Plus a few things from Sentai. I wonder what the limited number is for it. If it can last another week or so I might be able to figure out my cash for the next few months better. Though that would also mean nothing for a few months after.

…why can’t they just release a normal complete collection? And on DVD preferably. I don’t have any more room or money for fancy things like that lunchbox :frowning:

Lunch box cover art is out.

Oh man, there’s my guy… front and center.
Would someone just get that for me? :evil: