Ef ~ a tale of memories / ef ~ a tale of melodies

If you have to ask that question, you obviously didn’t actually read the first post.

Yes, I bloody read the damned first post! What is so effing wrong with me asking an effing question?! You’re making it much harder than it has to be! It’s a simple yes or no question! Not like I’m asking for an arm or a leg! People like you make things harder than it have to! I said I read it and I still didn’t get my damn answer from reading all that “info”!

I’m not even going to bother with you.
This is twice now that you’ve tried to turn what I said into an arguement.
If you honestly can’t answer your own question from the plot summaries I posted in the first post, there’s little hope for continuing this route of conversation.

I hate bastards like you. Yeah, that’s for the help, you son of a bitch.

I asked a simple question, as I can’t get an answer. I’ve read the damn first page, I’ve researched the fucking animes and I still don’t get an answer.

I want someone to tell me right here to tell me if the two series are connected, and if so, which one do I bloody watch first. If you have such a damn problem with it, don’t answer, I’ll wait for someone who is willing to answer without being a fucking bitch about answering a simple question.

First of all, Coffee, next time answer the question, this is Page 5 after all.

Vata, if you can’t read the first post, don’t say that you have. And watch your language, that was completely uncalled for.

Both of you need to stop turning everything into a nit-picking party.

Got it?

In other words…

LOL, I’m not the only one. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not. :wink:

I’m slowly watching this, I don’t like the art style much at all, but I am enjoying it much more than I did Clannad (which was pretty creepy IMO). I don’t think that it is as hilarious as Angel Beats! though.

Interestingly I didn’t know about Melodies for a while as, since the titles are SO SIMILAR, I didn’t order Melodies from RightStuf when it came out as I thought that I already had it, so now I’m slowly streaming it. The cover art didn’t help me differentiate; if you’ve seen one moeblob, you’ve seen 'em all. :wink:

(Melodies) Episode 11 –

spoiler

Another emotional episode! Just as Mizuki convinces Kuze to accept her love and live, he collapses. But once in the hospital, he decides on a very risky surgery in order to stay with Mizuki as long as he can. While the others await the outcome, it seems that Yuko has helped all the couples in one way or another, but it’s extremely sad that she still waits for Yu. I wish he could see her.
And it seems that Mizuki was that little girl that Kuze encouraged all those years ago. I lost it again when Mizuki took the hair ribbon and tied it to the key. However, it looks as if Kuze died for a moment there on the table. But the heart monitor at the end looked liked he came back. I hope the surgery is a success!

(Melodies) Episode 12 –

spoiler

It seems all the couples are going to have a happy Christmas, except for Yu, who decides to return to Japan. He attends a personal concert given by Kuze where Mizuki sings Yuko’s song and I just had to tear up at this. Although Kuze’s operation was successful, it still sounds like death may come for Kuze at any moment. Kuze gives Yu the tied together keys for luck.
Nagi tells Yu that her brother has seen Yuko in the church. Yu brings flowers to the church and finally gets to see Yuko! He apologizes and gives her the flowers as he had wanted to all those years ago. But when he pulled out the scarf that was her gift to him, I lost it.
Yu and Yuko end up on the school’s roof where it all began, both of them wrapped up in the scarf and Yu tells Yuko he loves her. But she corrects him, telling him that he “loved” her. She explains how happy she was because he did love her. Yuko thanks Yu and tells him that her job is done. She apologizes for having to leave and makes him promise to follow his dreams. Yu says that he will move forward and be fine. Yuko cries and tells him to share the happiness he gave her with everyone around him and that the love and happiness will come full circle and find them again. Yu agrees that it will.
Yuko tells Yu to look forward and stop looking back. She tells the now crying Yu that memories are precious. She tells him to be happy and says goodbye. And just like that – she’s gone, leaving her end of the scarf flapping in the wind. It was incredibly sad when Yu’s hand reached for her and not finding it, balls into a fist. He sees the paper airplane and a white feather falls into his open hand. Yu smiles fondly now, saying that Yuko is something else.
It turns out that Yu is an architect and his dream was to create a beautiful, happy town where no one is lonely. But it looks as if he built the town to resemble the one he and Yuko lived in. So he created two cities called Otowa. In the end, Yu teases Mizuki and finally discovers her real name, but she tells him that she was once called “Miki”, meaning “the future”.
For all its emotion and sadness, this excellent story really ends on a happy, positive note (especially after the credits)! And the music was lovely too! I am still enchanted by “ebullient future” as well as the other songs.

Complete Collection Cover/Disc Art

DVD

Blu-ray

Complete Collection Cover/Disc Art

Steelbook

1 Like

ef ~ a tale of memories & melodies SteelBook Edition Reveal

1 Like