Mysterious Girlfriend X / Nazo no Kanojo X

Mysterious Girlfriend X / Nazo no Kanojo X

Watch on HIDIVE

Genres: comedy, mystery, romance, slice of life, supernatural
Themes: fanservice, feeling transfer, fetish, first love, saliva, school, scissors
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: Akira is a normal high school boy, but he nevertheless impulsively licks some drool left by the mysterious transfer student Mikoto. The next day he falls asleep with an inexplicable fever. After five days Mikoto suddenly comes to visit, and makes him consume her drool. The fever instantly vanishes, and Mikoto explains that he’s suffering from “love sickness.” She can transmit emotions through her drool, and the two of them are now bound together.
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2012-04-07

ANN Info Page
Mysterious Girlfriend X Official JP Website

Nazo no Kanojo X (OAV) Vintage: 2012-08-23

Nazo no Kanojo X Manga to Get TV Anime

posted on 2011-12-21 18:54 EST
Romantic comedy series from Yume Tsukai creator Riichi Ueshiba

This one sounds like it’ll be lots of fun!

Not sure if this one will get picked up this season or not, but since Sentai picked up both Starchild anime for last season, I’m kind of thinking they might get this as well.

With a title straight outta a 1950’s sci-fi and an older-style character design, this could be a cool trip down memory lane. Watching the pv, I coulnd’t help but get a Shingu or World of Narue vibe, which I enjoyed both.

A potential look see.

OH GOD both of those are amazing. Don’t get my hopes up.

Bit odd of a premise for the start of a show, but it does look like it could be good. Will look forward to watching it!

You made me expect something like Project Blue: Earth SOS :frowning:

The premise made me hope for something like GoldenBoy, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. I’m not sure if GoldenBoy could work in a modern school anime, especially not with the art style of this show.

I’m not sure what the scissors are for in that picture, but my first thought was that she was going to get all Baccano! on him and he is crossing his fingers to try and keep her away :stuck_out_tongue:

Apparently, she hides the scissors in the waist band of her panties and randomly cuts stuff up.

At least that what it looks like in the preview of the drama cd that has scenes from the manga.

I’m not sure what to say to that. Creepy.

yeah, Urabe expresses her anger with violence, and uses scissors to show she is serious and as a warning. “things” get cut up in lightning speed as a way to say “this is what i will do to you if you keep angering me”.

why scissors? well you will have to watch to find out, im not giving away the plot more than the show intro does. :whistle:

lets just say the series is a “slice of life” with little twists and mysteries. closer to Nanaka 1/2 than Magikano.

It does look like a good one. I would be interested in seeing it.

Crunchyroll Adds “Mysterious Girlfriend X” to Spring Anime Lineup

April 06, 2012 10:45am CDT
Get addicted to her drool starting April 8 at 9:30 am PDT

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,4/func,view/id,113134/

I kind of figured Sentai licensed this.
This thread can be moved to the TAN section now.

Sentai Filmworks Licenses “Mysterious Girlfriend X”

Apr 13th 2012

Ep. 05

I love the slow pace this series is taking!

-lol-
The obligatory beach episode.
The scissor tan line was pretty funny though, especially Tsubaki’s reaction to it.

I read the Manga. These are very complex characters. I hope the anime does them justice

Srsly?

Episode 1 (Sub) is live at ANO

Ep. 06

Oka is an odd one.
And rather direct.
That was rather sweet though, that Tsubaki turned down his old crush’s invitation.
And the drool that Urabe gave him made it all the more sweet when he realized how much it would hurt her if he choose his old crush over her.

This show is fantastic. I love it!
For some reason it feels very 90s - I guess maybe it’s the character designs.

Episode 2 (Sub) is live at ANO