Mysterious Girlfriend X / Nazo no Kanojo X

###Mysterious Girlfriend X / Nazo no Kanojo X

Genres: comedy, mystery, romance, slice of life, supernatural
Themes: fanservice, feeling transfer, fetish, first love, saliva, school, scissors
Objectionable content: Significant
Number of episodes: 13
Vintage: 2012-04-07

Plot Summary: (TAN) Mikoto Urabe is…an odd one. As a fresh transfer student into Akira Tsubaki’s class, it’s expected for her to be shy at first; what he gets instead is an anti-social loafer that carries scissors in her underwear and breaks out in insane fits of laughter! An innocent kiss throws Tsubaki for a loop, when he discovers that he has become curiously enamored (or addicted) to Urabe, and she knows JUST what to do with him. With a new toy to play with, there’s no telling what’s in store for Tsubaki, as “swapping spit” takes on a whole new meaning in Mysterious Girlfriend X!

####Mysterious Girlfriend X info on ANN
####Watch Mysterious Girlfriend X on TAN Online
####Watch Mysterious Girlfriend X on Crunchyroll
####Mysterious Girlfriend X Official JP Website

###Buy Mysterious Girlfriend X

[details=spoiler]Mysterious Girlfriend X DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)
Mysterious Girlfriend X Blu-ray Complete Collection (Hyb)[/details]

Nazo no Kanojo X (OAV) Vintage: 2012-08-23

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-12-21/nazo-no-kanojo-x-manga-to-get-tv-anime
[size=20]Nazo no Kanojo X Manga to Get TV Anime[/size]
posted on 2011-12-21 18:54 EST
Romantic comedy series from Yume Tsukai creator Riichi Ueshiba

The February issue of Kodansha’s Afternoon magazine is revealing on Saturday that Riichi Ueshiba’s Nazo no Kanojo X (Mysterious Girlfriend X) romantic comedy manga will get a television anime adaptation. The announcement also notes that the limited edition of the eighth volume of the manga will bundle a drama CD when it is released on February 23.

The “unidentifiable love” manga revolves around Akira Tsubaki, who one day notices the anti-social transfer student Mikoto Urabe drooling on her desk while she is sleeping, and he tastes it. Eventually the two begin to date and get to know each other better. The manga has been running in Afternoon since 2006.

Ueshiba also created the Yume Tsukai manga, which received a 12-episode television anime adaptation from MADHOUSE in 2006.

This one sounds like it’ll be lots of fun!

Not sure if this one will get picked up this season or not, but since Sentai picked up both Starchild anime for last season, I’m kind of thinking they might get this as well.

With a title straight outta a 1950’s sci-fi and an older-style character design, this could be a cool trip down memory lane. Watching the pv, I coulnd’t help but get a Shingu or World of Narue vibe, which I enjoyed both.

A potential look see.

OH GOD both of those are amazing. Don’t get my hopes up.

Bit odd of a premise for the start of a show, but it does look like it could be good. Will look forward to watching it!

[quote=“tonka”]With a title straight outta a 1950’s sci-fi and an older-style character design, this could be a cool trip down memory lane. Watching the pv, I coulnd’t help but get a Shingu or World of Narue vibe, which I enjoyed both.

A potential look see.[/quote]

You made me expect something like Project Blue: Earth SOS :frowning:

The premise made me hope for something like GoldenBoy, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. I’m not sure if GoldenBoy could work in a modern school anime, especially not with the art style of this show.

I’m not sure what the scissors are for in that picture, but my first thought was that she was going to get all Baccano! on him and he is crossing his fingers to try and keep her away :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“celestial_being”]
I’m not sure what the scissors are for in that picture, but my first thought was that she was going to get all Baccano! on him and he is crossing his fingers to try and keep her away :P[/quote]

Apparently, she hides the scissors in the waist band of her panties and randomly cuts stuff up.

At least that what it looks like in the preview of the drama cd that has scenes from the manga.

I’m not sure what to say to that. Creepy.

[quote=“TheCoffeeGod”]

[quote=“celestial_being”]
I’m not sure what the scissors are for in that picture, but my first thought was that she was going to get all Baccano! on him and he is crossing his fingers to try and keep her away :P[/quote]
Apparently, she hides the scissors in the waist band of her panties and randomly cuts stuff up.

At least that what it looks like in the preview of the drama cd that has scenes from the manga.[/quote]

yeah, Urabe expresses her anger with violence, and uses scissors to show she is serious and as a warning. “things” get cut up in lightning speed as a way to say “this is what i will do to you if you keep angering me”.

why scissors? well you will have to watch to find out, im not giving away the plot more than the show intro does. :whistle:

lets just say the series is a “slice of life” with little twists and mysteries. closer to Nanaka 1/2 than Magikano.

It does look like a good one. I would be interested in seeing it.

[size=16]Crunchyroll: Mysterious Girlfriend X[/size]
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/04/06/crunchyroll-adds-mysterious-girlfriend-x-to-spring-anime-lineup
[size=20]Crunchyroll Adds “Mysterious Girlfriend X” to Spring Anime Lineup[/size]
Get addicted to her drool starting April 8 at 9:30 am PDT
April 06, 2012 10:45am CDT

Crunchyroll is adding an addictive substance to its spring anime lineup in the form of Mysterious Girlfriend X (Nazo no Kanojo X), based on the Afternoon manga by Riichi Ueshiba. The stream kicks off on Sunday, April 8 at 9:30 am PDT.

Mysterious Girlfriend X will be available in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden.

Ayumu Watanabe (Space Brothers) directs the anime adaptation, with animation production by Hoods Entertainment (Seikon no Qwaser, Aki Sora: Yume no Naka).

Story:
MYSTERIOUS GIRLFRIEND X follows the relationship of Akira Tsubaki and Mikoto Urabe, who is a transfer student who recently came to Tsubaki’s school. After a series of strange events, Tsubaki finds himself addicted to Urabe’s drool. Once she claims the addiction as love sickness, the relationship slowly progresses, focusing on the odd bond that comes out of the drool attachment…

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,183/catid,4/func,view/id,113134/

I kind of figured Sentai licensed this.
This thread can be moved to the TAN section now.

###Sentai Filmworks Licenses "Mysterious Girlfriend X"
Apr 13th 2012

Ep. 05

I love the slow pace this series is taking!

-lol-
The obligatory beach episode.
The scissor tan line was pretty funny though, especially Tsubaki’s reaction to it.

I read the Manga. These are very complex characters. I hope the anime does them justice

Srsly?

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Mysterious-Girlfriend-X/Mysterious-Girlfriend/Watch][/url] [b]Episode 01 is now LIVE![/b]

Ep. 06

Oka is an odd one.
And rather direct.
That was rather sweet though, that Tsubaki turned down his old crush’s invitation.
And the drool that Urabe gave him made it all the more sweet when he realized how much it would hurt her if he choose his old crush over her.

This show is fantastic. I love it!
For some reason it feels very 90s - I guess maybe it’s the character designs.

[url=http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Anime/Mysterious-Girlfriend-X/Mysterious-Bond/Watch][/url] [b]Episode 02 is now LIVE![/b]