FLCL / Fooly Cooly / Furi Kuri

Woo hoo, I love that show!!!

1 Like

Production I.G Reveals English Dub Casts for FLCL Progressive, FLCL Alternative Anime

posted on 2018-03-26 03:22 EDT by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Kari Wahlgren, Allegra Clark, Xanthe Huynh, Megan Taylor Harvey, more star in 2 new series

2 Likes

Toonami Promo: Fooly Cooly Alternative

Toonami Bumpers: Fooly Cooly Alternative -Subbed-

2 Likes
2 Likes

Special Report: FLCL Alternative episode 1

by Jacob Chapman, Apr 1st 2018

1 Like

Toonami - FLCL Season 1 Rerun Promo

EDIT: Re-upload

3 Likes

I can’t wait till the 14th! FLCL was the first “mature” anime I saw back in the day. I know it’s been played to death on AS, but never been tired of seeing it.

Even if Progressive and Alternative have nowhere near the magnitude of impact of the original, it should still be a wild ride :grin:

1 Like

Toonami - FLCL: Progressive Teaser

1 Like

@Jababbi I just finished watching the April Fool’s episode, and wanted to put some of my thoughts

https://forums.theanimenetwork.com/t/anime-network-vod-reports-updates-questions-thread-2018/10798/342

Spoilers for those who didn't see it

I have to agree that the characters seem like they’re ok with all the craziness surrounding them. I mean a iPhone maps needle drops on the house, demolishing it, and they are upset that the rocket got destroyed?

No ridiculous changes in animation, no switch to manga panels, no super slow motion with 180° rotation. At least the battle with Haruko felt straight from season 1, if not a little short.

Sad to say that most of the first episode seemed like it could be from a relatively normal comedy about the daily lives of 4 friends in high school.

This one might just be me, but does the animation seem different? Maybe it’s due to the age of it, but Alternative looks a lot softer than OG.

Is Dr. Pepper sponsoring this in Japan? That’s not a copy, they are using the exact design of the Dr. Pepper logo, abit cutting some off so it doesn’t show the complete thing. On top of that, it’s referenced as Dr. P and Pepper in show! Honestly, we might see some Code Geass level of censorship in this one! :joy:

Star Overhead isn’t bad, it’s just not Ride On Shooting Star. However it is a good way to say this isn’t the original Fooly Cooly, it’s something new. We will give you some nostalgia, but this is a completely different story with some (one so far) of the characters you love.

I still have high hopes for Progressive, but Alternative episode 1 seems like it fell short in more than a few ways. If the rest of season 3 (and all of season 2 for that matter) are in the same range, it may be a disappointing ride down memory lane :cry:

All in all, I’m not going to lie. It wasn’t bad. It’s just that it didn’t feel like Fooly Cooly to me…

To anyone who read all of that, sorry. I know my linguistics are not exactly Harvard level…

1 Like

Adult Swim/Toonami Presents: FLCL Panel at C2E2 2018

1 Like

O.o, I’m hating this town now no CN ;_;

1 Like

Your town doesn’t have Cartoon Network @fillet?

1 Like

Maybe considering something like YouTube TV (if you’re lucky enough to live someplace with service, I’m not sure how many towns they cover) or something like it?

2 Likes

We’ll I’m out of town working, apparently southwest Nebraska is not a fan of Cartoon Network…

1 Like

That’s terrible! :open_mouth: Hopefully AS will put FLCL on the app or on demand once it restarts…

1 Like

Adult Swim/Toonami Presents FLCL (Fooly Cooly) Panel | C2E2 | SYFY WIRE

1 Like

Toonami - FLCL S1 2018 Rerun Bumpers

2 Likes

Featured goodies…

1 Like

Adult Swim - FLCL Ident

1 Like

Adult Swim | Toonami | FLCL Progressive (S2) | Behind The Scenes (Extended Ver.)

Adult Swim Bumper: Fooly Cooly

2 Likes