From the New World / Shin Sekai Yori

Episode 15 is live at ANO

Episode 16 is live at ANO

Episode 17 is live at ANO

Episode 18 is live at ANO

Episode 19 is live at ANO

Something I noticed…

Episodes 17 & 18 were removed for some reason, but are returning later today.

Episode 20 is live at ANO

Episode 21 is live at ANO

Episode 22 is live at ANO

Episode 23 is live at ANO

Episode 24 is live at ANO

Episode 25 :end: is live at ANO

Alright! Now that this has finally finished up here on TAN, I just want to say how amazing this series was.

I watched it as it aired on Crunchyroll, and holy freakin’ crap was it great…

I found these comments on CR for Episode 24 kind of amusing:

While I’m here…

I don’t know how many of you are familiar with classical music but, there is a song that plays over the loudspeakers throughout the town in a number of episodes. It’s been a while so I don’t recall its exact purpose, but that song is part of the second movement of Dvorak’s Symphony No. 9 which is known as the New World Symphony. I always kind of thought that was kind of cool.

HERE YA GO! :woohoo:

Beautiful piece of music! Thanks for posting that Hornet!

:pinch: STOP!!! TEARS FALLING DOWN FACE!!! T_T

Anyway, great series and I’m doing a anime review on the show gigguk/GRArkada style :wink:

So I finally got around to checking this one out. I’m a few episodes in and I LOVE IT! This is probably my favorite Fall 2012 series. I have to say that a lot of the promotional artwork for this is very deceptive. The show is much darker than I expected.

It’s rare that a show pulls me in so quickly, and I can’t wait to see how it all turns out. Hopefully this gets the dub and bluray treatment.

The animation is a tad inconsistant, probably due to A-1 animating 3 series that season (2 two cour, 1 still going long one). Ep. 18 of Magi (if I remember correctly), was all kinds of FUBARed as far as animation goes.
But yeah, it really is an awesome show.

Looks like From the New World might be getting a dub.

http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/MCM_London_Comic_Con_October_2013_anime_licensing_round-up.html

Although they didn’t have a panel to call their own, MVM Entertainment had a huge number of new license acquisitions to boast, with more on the way. Here’s what they have to flaunt as of this London Comic Con, starting with three series currently slated for a release in the first quarter of 2014:

• From The New World (aka Shin Sekai Yori)

[url= ][ /url]

Now that this is up for a dubbed pre-order (though I’ll wait for part 2, to prevent being “aquarioned”) I checked out ep 1. It was intriguing, though I can’t say that I’ve seen a show that was so back-and-forth on its timeline since Baccano.

Crunchyroll is wholly inadequate for watching this one from a video standpoint as the compression issues are brutal. All of the scenes with aura-like glow exhibited extreme banding :frowning:

Is the rumor going 'round that Chris Ayres is directing this one confirmed?