General Anime News & Discussion

Caressing the Nipples of My Hibernating Bear BL TV Anime Reveals More Cast, July 3 Premiere

posted on 2022-05-11 06:22 EDT by Egan Loo
Seiichirō Yamashita plays raven Watari in ‘healing animal-eared boys-love’ AnimeFesta anime

AKA: Mori no Kuma-san, Tōminchū

2 Likes

NASUO☆ talks about her favorite anime - ANIME SONGS PARTY!

This is the video of the guest talk of NASUO☆ with hosts,Yohei Onishi and Singing Cosplayer Hikari.
It was aired on May 8 (Sunday), 2022.

2 Likes

FEATURE: A Mom’s Guide To Anime — You Get It From Your Mama

May 11, 2022 10:00am CDT
Don’t just shake what your mama gave ya, embrace what she gave ya too!

2 Likes

GKIDS Announces Deiji Meets Girl Theatrical Double Feature For June 2

May 11, 2022 12:26pm CDT

2 Likes

Boku ga Aishita Subete no Kimi e, Kimi o Aishita Hitori no Boku e Anime Films’ Video Reveals Staff, October 7 Debut

posted on 2022-05-12 21:49 EDT by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Parallel world films open on same day, but from 2 different studios: BAKKEN RECORD & TMS Entertainment

2 Likes

Los Angeles Chargers NFL Team Releases Anime-Inspired Schedule Announcement Trailer

May 12, 2022 8:10pm CDT
Trailer pays homage to multiple fan-favorite anime series

2 Likes

Kubo Won’t Let Me Be Invisible Manga Gets TV Anime

posted on 2022-05-13 05:34 EDT by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Kana Hanazawa, Kengo Kawanishi star in anime at studio PINE JAM

3 Likes

New Animation Film Festival "Hiroshima Animation Season 2022”: The Result of the Selection is Revealed

May 13th 2022
The result of the selection is revealed! The juries of World Competition and the main visual also unveiled!

2 Likes

Yuri Is My Job! Romance Manga Gets TV Anime

posted on 2022-05-14 09:04 EDT by Egan Loo
Yui Ogura, Sumire Uesaka reprise lead roles in anime from Passione, Studio Lings

3 Likes

Japanese netizens vote for the top 20 anime they want an on-air sequel to

2022-05-16T05:00:00Z
Fans want to stop being ghosted by anime producers.

2 Likes

The Best and Worst of Spring 2022, May 6-12

by Daniel DeLorme, May 16th 2022

2 Likes

Malevolent Spirits: Mononogatari Anime Reveals Promo Video, Cast, Staff

posted on 2022-05-17 11:51 EDT by Alex Mateo
Visual unveiled

2 Likes

Crunchyroll’s Move Back to In-Person Dub Recording Sparks Union Discussion

by Evan Minto, May 18th 2022

4 Likes

Right as the whole thing started Funimation had just finished the new complex. So from a business standpoint it would make sense to move back to Texas VA’s on that point alone since as far as I know most of CR’s dubs were handled out of house. It should cut down on some of the cost and maybe they can pay the staff/cast better.

Now I don’t quite get the what sounds like a full move from remote though at the same time.

Then to be honest I felt some of the remote LA casting were either poor choices or lack of in person directing may have not made the VA’s able to fully embrace the roles. It could for me have been it felt like some of the dubs were brought down by that one poor casting choice for a main character to. I get everyone needs a break in main role ,but if they don’t fit they don’t fit.

Then you get the ADR casting a friend in a role that does not work issue. While it happens in Texas. I feel it seems to happen more in the LA dubs.

I feel to more of the Texas VA’s better handle simulcast style dubbing better then some of the LA VA’s.

I feel most of this though is a money and business situation.
I’d love to hear more of the Union VA’s in Texas dubs ,but if a companies goal is to produce as many dubs as they can to get more subscribers. Yet for some reason they feel the Union hampers that then maybe it’s a problem on both ends not just one that people like to think.

I see they keep going in to the safety ,but after all this time they know the precautions they need to take. So as long as they do the safety issue is more or less thrown out.

I feel they did a bunch of research for the article ,but at the same time something feels missing from it that hits the nail on the head. It feels more of a this is our take instead of the why to me with out that one missing piece.
I overthink so could be wrong.

Now if I was a little more paranoid I’d say they moved back to Texas and started using more of the local VA’s to make it harder for their biggest competitor to get VA’s. :wink:

On another note I’d greatly preferred some of the NY based recordings over the LA ones. After all anyone that can get rid of a NY or NJ accent are some great actors. :rofl:

6 Likes

Adult Swim Announces Rick and Morty: The Anime, Ninja Kamui Anime

posted on 2022-05-18 10:13 EDT by Alex Mateo
Both anime to premiere on Adult Swim, HBO Max

4 Likes

FEATURE: Anime & Dating — Learn Your Love Language With These 4 Anime Romances

May 18, 2022 10:00am CDT
You know what love feels like, but how do you express it?

3 Likes

It appears that Manga Entertainment, a division of Starz, has the rights to the 1989-1992 Guyver OVA series, according to Wikipedia: The Guyver: Bio-Booster Armor - Wikipedia

3 Likes

It expired some years back. I think a little before or after Starz bought Lionsgate which got them Manga Ent.

3 Likes

New Urusei Yatsura Anime’s 1st Animated Video Unveils More Cast & Staff, October Premiere

posted on 2022-05-19 05:51 EDT by Egan Loo
Wataru Takagi, Miyuki Sawashiro, Gundam: IBO & 2019 Fruits Basket composer Masaru Yokoyama join david production series

4 Likes

Cannes: How Japanese Anime Became the World’s Most Bankable Genre

2022-05-17T06:30:00Z
It was once considered a niche genre just for hard-core fans, but streaming has helped turn it into a globally popular juggernaut. Now the Japanese animation industry is scrambling to meet an almost insatiable demand: “It’s increasingly becoming a borderless form of mass entertainment.”

3 Likes