Golden Time

Episode 15 –

spoiler

It’s finally time for the beach trip. Kaga is still wondering about Yana and Linda, but not for herself. She’s more worried for Oka, which is kind of sweet coming from her. But Kaga still claims to hate Oka although she can understand how Oka must feel.

Then again, with the way things are going, the gang may never get to the beach after all. LOL 2D-kun is a very grumpy driver! At least he cheered up when he saw Oka in a skirt. They are way behind schedule once they pick up Yana and everyone isn’t sure how to act around him because of Linda, even though they promised not to mention anything.

Then it begins to rain and they are stuck in traffic again. The talk turns to curses once again and of course spirit Banri is behind all of this bad luck but they have no way of knowing that. They finally make it to the beach, but it’s still pouring rain and everyone is stuck inside the car. When Kaga needs the restroom and no one has an umbrella, Banri strips down to the toxic speedo – I can’t believe he actually wore it! LOL

Luckily Kaga is also wearing her swimsuit under her dress and he tells her to strip as he runs out into the cold rain. They have so much fun running around that Kaga has Oka join them. Then Yana and 2D-kun run out to shield Banri since his form is completely visible. Well, who cares? No one is around and they are having fun! But Banri was touched by their concern.

Over a hot meal of ramen, the sun finally makes its appearance. The day isn’t a total waste as they finally get to enjoy the beach. And they pretty much have it all to themselves! Later, after Kaga feeds Banri some of her shaved Ice, it was funny to see 2D-kun try the same thing with Yana. And once it’s dark, of course they have to light fireworks. It really turned out to be a nice day after all.

With 2D-kun so tired, Kaga offers to drive on the way back. No one seems too sure about this however. LOL I thought they may be headed for more bad luck, but Kaga looks to be a pretty good driver. She’s due to go the Spain the following week, but she still wants to stay with Banri. Banri nods off and here comes the cursed luck as Kaga begins to nod off as well. The car starts to speed up as spirit Banri tries to wake everyone up. Banri suddenly wakes up and slams on the brake. But are they saved?

Episode 16 –

spoiler

Thankfully, everyone is all right after they crash into a guard rail. But if Banri hadn’t hit the brakes, it would have been a lot worse. Oka has a very minor injury and Banri calls the police. The police will have to talk to Kaga’s parents and she doesn’t seem too happy about that.

The kids are soon on the road again with 2D-kun back at the wheel. Kaga still doesn’t seem right. Her father meets them and backhands Kaga across the face so hard that he knocks her to the ground. In the days afterwards, no one can reach Kaga. Banri does find out from Yana that the trip to Spain was canceled.

Banri meets up with Yana, Oka, and 2D-kun. He also has a run in with Nana on the way, who doesn’t like his gloomy attitude. Oka has finally found an apartment and will soon be moving in. The talk quickly turns to Kaga and how no one can reach her. Kaga’s father did recently meet with Oka’s parents and 2D-kun’s father. They all know that Kaga must feel terrible about the accident and probably got into a lot of trouble, but they have no idea how to reach her. They all feel responsible for the accident too.

Banri has called them together to figure out the next step. They decide to send Banri to Kaga’s house. On the way, he meets Kaga’s father. He seems to be pretty friendly with Banri and takes him to Kaga’s room. She’s surprised to see Banri and ends up telling him to go away as she hides in her bed. Kaga apologizes for everything but doesn’t want to see anyone either.

Banri refuses to leave and tells Kaga how much everyone is worried about her. Kaga is really taking the accident hard and nothing Banri says helps. She just can’t face anyone and it looks like she’s even breaking up with Banri. But Banri won’t let her run away. He ends up making Kaga mad at him and she opens up a bit more. She makes Banri just as mad when she brings up his past. And her greatest fear comes to light.

Kaga had a dream that Banri was in an accident and lost his memories again. This time Kaga was forgotten. Banri can’t believe that this behavior of Kaga’s is all because of a dream. He holds Kaga as she tells him about a dream she’s been having that Banri leaves her. Kaga wonders when the dream will become a reality and she’s scared.

Banri comforts Kaga as best he can and admits that he may have been running from his past, but he won’t anymore. But as he holds Kaga and talks to her, dad walks into the room and that made me laugh. Thankfully, Kaga didn’t see him and apologizes to Banri for everything. But dad does get to hear Kaga’s true feelings for Banri. I’m not too sure how dad feels about that.

Then Kaga suddenly realizes that her father is in the room. She asks if her father is there and Banri denies it, saying that it’s only the cat. However, instead of playing along, dad asks about lunch. What follows is hilarious as Kaga just screams that she’s had enough. She throws a fit and dad makes it worse when he asks Banri to make the instant ramen. LOL At least dad explains, saying that they should just act normal in these situations. But I wonder if dad is more like his daughter than he seems. LOL

Episode 13 is now live at TAN

Episode 17 –

spoiler

The beginning of the episode was extremely weird. I thought maybe Banri was having a bad dream, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. He meets with the Festival Club for a party and the members think that he and Kaga have broken up. As he stands there, dumbfounded, the members try to comfort him in a very strange way. It gets worse when “RoboGirl” shows up. Banri ends up yelling that they haven’t broken up. But it looks like the club was more worried about losing members. LOL

I’ve come to the conclusion that the members of the Festival Club, past and present, are all on the nutty side! Linda shows up as well. She was really worried when she heard about the accident, but she’s happy to see that everything is fine. As the watch the fireworks, Banri asks Linda if they had ever set off fireworks before he lost his memory. She tells him to look at a scar on his leg and tells him that is where he had gotten burned by a bottle rocket. Banri suddenly remembers that he got hurt protecting Linda. But that wasn’t the case at all.

Linda asks Banri about a visit home and he says that he will go, but then she tells him about a high school reunion for their class the following week. She leaves it up to him about whether to go or not. Kaga tells Linda that Banri will go. Then Kaga kind of bullies Banri until he reluctantly says that he will attend. She later apologizes to him, but Banri is fine with going. He isn’t going to run from his past anymore, but he is nervous about seeing people that may be expecting the old Banri.

Kaga tells him that she loves the “whole” Banri, just as he is. Banri tells her that he’s still struggling, but Kaga tells him that is just another part of who he. She urges him to go home and see the Banri he was. So, Banri goes home to face his past. Meanwhile, Kaga helps Oka move into her new apartment, although she claims that isn’t why she came. Kaga really hates to admit things! She ends up spending the night too and the girls talk about love.

Linda returns home as well and Kaga ends up hanging out with Yana and 2D-kun. When Kaga leaves them to use the restroom, Yana asks 2D-kun about Banri’s past, but 2D-kun doesn’t know much. But he does tell Yana a little about Banri’s accident. Yana questions Kaga about it, but she avoids it and changes the subject. I wonder what Yana is thinking.

Ep. 18

Exorcist!!!

Episode 14 is now live at TAN

Episode 18 –

spoiler

It’s always good to start things off with a laugh. Nana catches Banri’s stalker girlfriend doing strange things in his apartment, and has to ask her if she’s crazy. But Kaga’s “exorcist” performance was so good that Nana invites her to do it at her concert. Then Kaga almost chokes the life out of Nana, not wanting her to tell Banri what she saw. I’m sure that after that little episode, Nana has Kaga back in the “crazy” category! But Nana is just as bad. LOL

Back home, Linda visits Banri. It was funny when her brother showed up as well. I laughed when mom offered to get him bananas! They take Banri to the reunion, but he’s still very nervous about doing this. Big brother gorilla drops Linda and Banri off at their old high school, and Banri is too scared to go any further. It was sweet when Linda had Banri close his eyes and took him by the hand. He says some very nice things to her, but when he opens his eyes, it isn’t Linda’s hand he’s holding.

Banri is suddenly surrounded by his old classmates. At first he panics a bit, but an immediate game of dodge ball makes him forget his apprehension. Afterwards, his friends share stories of his school life. They tell him about his adventures with trying to get girls to notice him. Perhaps it’s a good thing that Banri has lost his memories. LOL He also finds out that he was a cry baby as well. At least it breaks the ice and Banri ends up having a good time.

Afterwards, Linda and Banri walk home together and they talk. Some things are cleared up between them and they both feel better. Banri visits the bridge where his accident occurred. He’s okay, but Linda looks worried. A fog rises and Banri sees the accident. He grabs Banri’s hand before he falls off the bridge. But that Banri pries the life saving fingers from his wrist and falls anyway. The vision passes when Banri looks down and there’s no one there. But he does accidentally break the mirror that Kaga had given him and wonders if his memories are returning. I guess we don’t get to see Nana’s concert either and I was really looking forward to that!

Now something else is getting into my thoughts. I am beginning to wonder if it was Linda that caused Banri’s accident. The person that hit him was on a scooter and Linda had one when she visited him at the hospital that time. It’s a small town with not much traffic, and Linda was supposed to meet him at the bridge that night. Maybe she didn’t see him in the dark and ended up hitting him? Still, the person on the scooter was going kind of fast and didn’t look like they intended to stop. Thinking about this possibility is going to drive me crazy now!

Episode 15 is now live at TAN

Episode 19 –

spoiler

Banri was really disturbed by his vision of himself and it’s all he can think about as he returns to the city. He has a ring with him that his mother wants him to give to Kaga. Banri may have to think a bit before he actually gives it to her. It was hysterical when Kaga tried to run into his arms but is thwarted by Yana, 2D-kun, and Oka. Kaga removes them and tells them that they “should know their place”, since the girlfriend should be able to welcome Banri home first. But then Banri asks Kaga who she is. LOL Only a joke of course, but it did upset Kaga. Still, their reunion is a happy one.

The friends have a welcome home dinner for Banri at a restaurant. Oka cut her hair! Yana wants to film the Festival Club for a project. He says that he’s interested in someone there. It’s Linda! But when he makes that statement, 2D-kun looks over at Oka. I guess Yana really did give up on her. Yana does admit to liking Linda, but says it’s one sided. Banri and Kaga promise to ask for permission for Yana to film them.

Once Kaga and Banri get home, she presents him with a handmade gift. The thing is supposed to be the Eiffel Tower, but Banri thought it was a club. LOL Anyway, this is a message to Banri that Kaga is ready to take their relationship to the next step, but I’m not so sure Banri is ready. Kaga turns out the lights and jumps Banri. She kisses Banri and pulls off her dress as Banri protests. However, things do begin to move forward, but Kaga’s dinner begins to bother her, and then her hand made masterpiece falls and hits her on the head. I wonder if spirit Banri had a hand in that. In any case, the moment is ruined, and that is probably a good thing. LOL Thankfully, they end up deciding not to force the issue and to take their time.

Yana does get permission to film the Festival Club and is an instant hit with a couple of the female members, but not Linda. She just looks away when Yana tries to make eye contact. It turns out that he made her mad at something, but I wonder what. Banri later speaks to Linda about it. Linda really can’t figure out why Yana would be interested in her. She wanted to avoid him for a while, but then he showed up at the club. She’s annoyed at Banri for not telling her that Yana was going to be filming them.

Banri also talks to Linda about his mother’s ring and giving it to Kaga. He shows it to Linda and she tells him that he was once going to give it to her. Did she really have to say that? It upsets Banri and she tells him that she’s only kidding, but was she? Their talk turns serious again, but is interrupted by Oka. Now, she’s mad that Banri is spending time with the girl that Yana likes, especially since he already has Kaga. This is getting so complicated! LOL But I guess that’s love.

Ep. 19

Another hilarious moment!

Fate works against Koko at every turn when she tries to give herself to Banri.

Episode 16 is now live at TAN

World’s Longest Wooden Walking Bridge Used As Reference For Golden Time

posted on 2014-03-04 21:00 EST by Bamboo Dong

Episode 17 is now live at TAN

Episode 20 –

spoiler

Banri finally decides the time and the place are right to give Kaga the ring. However, he seems to have forgotten to bring it. I wonder if spirit Banri helped with that. LOL Now, he has to start all over again, wondering when to give Kaga the ring. When he bumps into Nana, he’d like to ask her for some advice, but she doesn’t seem to be a morning person. After hinting about “the exorcist”, Nana falls asleep on Banri’s shoulder, leaving him to wonder about Kaga and the exorcist thing.

Yana is still depressed over not getting anywhere with Linda. On top of that, Koshino seems to be an obstacle on the path to Linda and true love. Yana wants Banri’s help with removing that obstacle. I think Yana should just get the message already that Linda doesn’t like him like that.

I loved the look on Kaga’s face when Banri asked her about the exorcist! But she pretends that she doesn’t know what Banri is talking about and changes the subject. Banri feels that he really needs to give her the ring soon. Then again, he’s thinking about it too much. It isn’t like it’s an engagement ring for crying out loud! Although that’s exactly what the girls from the tea club think. They put too much importance on Banri giving Kaga his mother’s ring and that gets Banri all nervous again.

Another festival and another successful Awa dance. Kaga wasn’t even nervous this time. Yana decides to concentrate on filming and not bother Linda during the festival dance. But in the middle of dancing, spirit Banri takes over. He has no idea where he is, and thinks he was just waiting for Linda on the bridge. He suddenly remembers the accident and doesn’t know what to do. He screams and runs away. The dancers stop, and Kaga and Linda go running after Banri. Koshino makes the rest of the dancers continue.

Banri cowers in a corner of the dark parking lot, extremely confused. Linda reaches him first and tells him that Kaga is looking for him as well. She wants to take Banri back to Kaga, and the mention of her name brings Banri back to himself. Linda keeps asking if he’s okay and he says that he is. However, Linda can see that he obviously isn’t by the way he’s shaking. Banri is terrified that the other Banri is trying to take over his body. He’s also worried about his memories.

Ep. 21

Another really good episode!

SPOILER

But I swear… that ending…
After watching the next ep. preview, I really want to believe that ending was just an insecure Banri dream, and he’ll wake up in bed as if it never happened.

Episode 18 is now live at TAN

Episode 21 –

spoiler

Banri is worried that his memories may be returning. But he’s even more worried that his current self will disappear. Banri really hurt the club too, and they are no longer welcome to dance at festivals. Banri blames himself, but the other members also take responsibility. The club is now in danger of shutting down, but Linda doesn’t want to give up. Her resolve is supported by Koshino and the others.

But Banri is still having a hard time. He can’t sleep and is taking pills. He tells Kaga that he may take up running. He tells her that it’s because he caused problems for the festival club, and hopes that exercise will help him sleep. However, Kaga knows that something else is bothering Banri, although he says there isn’t. Of course she knows he’s lying. Kaga accuses Banri of running away. He finally opens up to her a little bit.

Kaga suggests that it’s time for Banri to tell his friends about his past. She promises to support him, and they kiss. Banri and Kaga have a very strange way of inviting people to dinner! LOL Oka is still acting weird and finally confesses to Banri that she likes Yana. Banri is also about to tell Oka about himself when spirit Banri takes over again. He has no idea where he is or who Oka is. He calls out for Linda.

Oka runs next door and thankfully, Linda is still with Nana. When Linda arrives, Banri grabs her in a panic, and I don’t think she quite realizes what is happening with him. She asks if she should call Kaga, and once again, her name seems to bring him back to himself. He frantically begs Linda not to tell Kaga that his memories returned. Nana ends up slapping him but it doesn’t snap him out of it. It also looks like all this is being filmed by accident. Banri ends up in a panic and runs away again.

Yana sees Banri running and calls out to him, but Banri keeps going. Yana chases him and calls 2D-kun for help. 2D-kun finds him and knocks him down. Sitting with them in a park, Banri begins to tell them, but 2D-kun tells Banri not to push himself. Banri begins to cry and tries to explain again. However, the things he says don’t really make much sense to his two friends. Although they don’t truly understand what Banri is trying to tell them, both 2D-kun and Yana promise to support him and not let him disappear. They get him smiling again.

Upon returning home, Kaga has left him a message that she had her beef dinner next door at Nana’s place with everyone. So poor Banri didn’t even get to enjoy his Kobe beef! The next day, Oka fills him in on what happened. Banri asks her to film him; he has a message to pass on to his future self, and Oka honors his request. Afterwards, not knowing how long he may have, he decides to give Kaga his mother’s ring. She is his beacon of hope. But Kaga doesn’t want the ring. She can no longer promise him the future. In fact, it looks like Kaga is breaking up with Banri! She says goodbye and walks away, leaving a stunned Banri behind her. I bet she saw the film of Banri begging Linda “not to tell Kaga”!

Ep. 22

Wow…

spoiler

It really did happen after all.
And Koko acting like nothing happened and being all buddy-buddy with Banri the next day was just heartbreaking.
Lots of drama this episode as things heat up for the finale.

Episode 19 is now live at TAN

Episode 22 –

spoiler

Banri is at a complete loss. Kaga has broken up with him and he just can’t believe it’s true. Kaga’s father comes to him and reprimands Banri for not going after Kaga. He tells Banri that it was the wrong thing to do to just wait for Kaga to return to him. It seems that Banri’s medication was at the heart of the breakup too – he never told her he was taking anti-anxiety pills.

After Kaga’s father leaves him, Banri needs to think, but Nana finds him next. I like how he tried to run away from her, but he should have known he couldn’t. LOL Linda had told Nana about his accident a long time ago. Banri opens up a little bit and tells Nana about his fear of disappearing, and the old Banri coming back. Nana tells him that Linda did blame herself for his accident, but Nana doesn’t believe such things. She tells Banri that life is all about meetings and partings. Banri tells Nana that Kaga broke up with him. She tells him to get some sleep and talk to Kaga the next day. Nana promises to help him if she can.

The next day, Banri is ready to talk to Kaga, but she finds him first and apologizes for the previous day. Huh? After she left him, she did go back, but couldn’t face him, so she sent her father to him. So, that’s that, and everything appears to be back to normal. They are still a couple apparently, but I still wonder why Kaga did that to Banri in the first place. They are soon joined by their friends and everything seems fine. Banri tells 2D-kun that he’s been taking medication. 2D-kun tells Banri that he’ll be fine as long as he has Kaga.

But everything isn’t fine. Kaga announces to everyone that she and Banri have called it quits. Banri is stunned! In fact, everyone is stunned as Kaga tells them that she and Banri have gone back to being “just friends”. Banri blows up and Kaga calmly explains that she just doesn’t love him anymore. Banri still doesn’t understand, and Kaga invites him to “change her mind”. Now, Kaga isn’t sure if they should even be friends. What is she doing? What game is she playing now? And why does she seem so normal – not upset, or sad, or hurt, or anything? This is killing Banri!

Yana steps between Banri and Kaga and tells Banri not to accept this situation. He tells Banri that Kaga has always been a bit of a nut, as if we didn’t know! LOL Kaga finally shows some emotion and pushes Yana out of the way, threatening not to be friends with any of them anymore. She starts to walk away, but turns back to ask Banri if it would be “awkward” to be with her. If it is, they don’t have to go to class together. In fact Kaga doesn’t even have to stay at this college anymore. She really doesn’t care about college or the people there. And she gets all emotional again, and pushes her coffee cup off the table.

Kaga leaves, saying that she doesn’t care anymore, and Yana runs after her. Banri sits back down as Oka rushes off after Kaga. Banri sends 2D-kun off to his class, telling him that he wants to be alone. Oka returns, saying that she couldn’t catch Kaga, and shows him the film from the other day. Sure enough, everything that happened was recorded, including Banri’s plea of “don’t tell Koko”. Apparently, Kaga found the camera in Banri’s room, and saw everything, just as I thought.

Oka wants to confront Kaga with Banri, but Banri isn’t interested. It seems that he is giving up. Kaga knows absolutely everything now and Banri feels that he’s caused her enough pain. There’s nothing left for him to do now, but let to Kaga go. This makes Oka cry. She begins to play the message that he recorded to himself, and he tells her that she can erase it or do whatever else she wants with it. It makes Oka cry again and Banri makes a joke, telling her that they are both members of the broken hearts club. He tries to cheer her up, but Oka knows he’s forcing it.

Oka gets an idea for a project, and doesn’t care if Yana finds out that he broke her heart as well. In fact, she’d like for Yana to figure it out! Banri offers to be filmed again as well. He says how he just got dumped, but when Oka mentions the festival club, Banri suddenly gets depressed. Oka continues to film him as Banri pretends to die. Banri later tells Linda and Koshino that he and Kaga are no more. Linda yells at him, and really lets Banri have it. Banri gets angry too and asks what he’s supposed to do. Linda tells him to go after Kaga and tell her his feelings, but Banri can’t do it. Then he takes things out on Linda and they start to fight. Koshino has to step in and break it up.

Linda continues to yell at Banri, but he’s given up. He says that he’s “just going to fall apart and disappear”. Linda says that she still believes in him, but Banri insists that he has no future. They both begin to cry as Banri claims to be a ghost, and Linda tells him that no matter what happens, he’s still Banri. But Banri doesn’t even know who Banri is anymore. He and Linda continue yelling at each other and Banri mentions the meeting at the bridge. Linda says that she got there too late and that he should have waited for her. Linda breaks away from Koshino, who was holding her back, and falls on Banri. She begins hitting him as she asks Banri how he could have let that happen. More than anything, Linda would like to redo that day. She swears that she wouldn’t be late this time.

Yana walks in as Koshino is lifting Linda off Banri. Koshino doesn’t know the whole story either. Banri sees Yana and apologizes for not telling him either. He tells both guys about knowing Linda and being in love with her. He tells about his confession to her and his accident, as well as his complete amnesia, and losing all of his memories. He apologizes for lying to them, and Linda also apologizes, saying that it was her fault.

Kaga is in the room behind Yana and now walks over to Koshino, to hand him her resignation from the club, but Banri snatches it out of her hand. Kaga gives Banri a look and runs from the room as he yells for her to wait. Yana just stares at Linda, kneeling on the floor and crying. I know everyone is in major pain right now, but I wonder if this is a chance for Banri and Linda to finally be together. I still think they belong with one another.