He Is My Master / Kore ga Watashi no Goshujin-sama

He Is My Master / Kore ga Watashi no Goshujin-sama

Watch on HIDIVE

Genres: comedy, romance
Themes: fanservice, maids, moe, yuri
Objectionable content: Significant
Plot Summary: Yoshitaka Nakabayashi, a 14-year-old millionaire who got this huge inheritance after his parents died in an accident, found himself needed to be taken care of and tried to hire live-in maids to do the job. Two runaway girls, Izumi Sawatari and her younger sister Mitsuki, stumped into Nakabayashi’s mansion and got hired by Yoshitaka immediately, for Yoshitaka is not only a rich boy but also a pervert with uniform fetishes, who wants to be addressed as goshujin-sama (master). Having nowhere else to settle down along with Mitsuki’s pet alligator Pochi, Izumi accepted the job reluctantly.
Number of episodes: 12
Vintage: 2005-04-07 to 2005-06-30

He Is My Master info on ANN

This is currently on Day 7 of RightStuf’s 12 Days of Christmas, so up until midnight, December 18th, you can get the complete collection for only $19.99

This is a series I need to get sooner rather then later. Gainax has made some of my all time favorite series, so I just have to see everything they’ve done. This looks like a funny, pervy series, one that reaches deep into their roots. Nothing groundbraking, but probally a riot. I’ve been dieing to see this since I heard of it airing in Japan back in 2005. It’s been a long time coming but I’ll watch this one of these days!

Question: Is this really an action series? That seems odd. I always thought it was a harem/comedy. Or maybe even a bit of a drama. But action? That’s odd.

Well, there is a lot of chasing by an alligator, and one of the maids regularly beats the lead into the ground. So, I guess you could say there is action of a sort.

It’s pretty much a harem/comedy, with them doing all kinds of running around chasing each other and fighting each other from time to time, so I guess it would depend on how you define “action”.

I’d say, it has a lot action in it, but I wouldn’t necessarily call it an “action” show.

I’m up to episode 7 on VOD and I find it very funny. I agree with Cody and Coffee God - that is pretty much the action part of things.

And my favorite character has got to be Pochi (the alligator). He makes me laugh the most! :slight_smile:

Yeah well from what you guys are saying, I wouldn’t call this an action series. That be silly. But it does look like something I must see! Can’t wait to buy this finally.

:ohmy: You mean you haven’t bought it yet? Oh me, Oh my. Such a silly show indeed, and I like silly shows. With horny, fat alligators to boot.

Yeah been planning to buy this for awhile now. Perhaps with my money from Christmas/birthday I’ll be picking this one up. I do love me some good Gainax stuff!

It’s not too often that you can say that about a show! LOL

He Is Master involves cosplay, goffy themes, and animated girls in hot springs what a awesome series.

I think it amused me the most to find that Mitsuki is the one posting Izumi’s pictures online. And Yoshitaka, it seems like every episode if he’d just not be a jerk one time, he’d win Mitsuki over, at least until the next time he was a jerk.

Probably should be a nosebleed alert with this one, too.

I saw in the credits both Gainax and Shaft and thought to myself that I hope at the end we get the Shaft and not the Gainax, though.

I was just watching episode 8 on VOD - and Rebecca1/2, I think you’re right!

spoiler

Not only is it funny that Mitsuki is posting the pictures on-line, it also looks like that she is becoming Izumi’s manager! :laugh:

And her little sister, Karin, looked so cute in the maid outfit! It was funny that Yoshitaka was drooling over her too. The “mini maid” comment made me laugh. But did her Dad have to drool as well? Too funny! So much for protecting his daughters against Yoshitaka. I think he is more jealous than anything else! :laugh:

And now that Izumi is going to be an idol, I wonder about the real purpose behind it. Who is the guy in the shadows? He seems to be a rival of Yoshitaka’s. It will be interesting to see what is going on here. Can’t wait to find out!

About all that’s missing in this show is for Happosai (Ranma 1/2’s pervy grandfather) to turn up. Then we’d get three generations of perverts lusting away.

But Rebecca1/2 -

You did get a pervy ghost in one episode and now we know that Yoshitaka takes after his father!! And Izumi is a lot like his mother.

:lol: :lol:

Saw episode 9 -

spoiler

Izumi’s first photo shoot! They were at a sea side resort and Mitsuki looks like she is in charge of the shoot and her entourage is helping her. Of course Yoshitaka and Anna show up. Then Izumi’s Mom, Dad, and sister show up as well. Poor Izumi can’t catch a break!

There is a new character - Alicia. And she happens to have a pet alligator too - a female, named Ellen. Pochi is very attracted to Ellen and Yoshitaka cheers him on so he can get close to Alicia.

So, it turns out that Alicia is…Slowhand! She teaches Izumi a few tricks. Very funny to see her whipping Yoshitaka!! Izumi get a boost of confidence and determination. But when Mitsuki arranges her fist show, and Izumi goes on stage with her whip, her fans don’t like her aggressive attitude and leave. However, Pochi saves the day by attacking her on stage and ripping half her clothes off. Her fans come back cheering. I guess they prefer seeing her being subjugated. Funny but sad!!!

And I wonder what happened to her mysterious backer? Hmmm…maybe the next episode will tell more.

True, that. I’m a couple episodes behind, but I ordered it from the RSI Christmas sale, so I’m not sure if I want to watch on VOD, or actually open the set when it comes :slight_smile:

Wait for the set. That way you can watch the whole thing in one sitting, like me.

Episode 10 -

spoiler

Izumi has made enough from the photo shoot to pay off her debt to Yoshitaka! Yay! But she seems reluctant to move out, using Pochi as an excuse. Anna devises a plot to keep Izumi at the house as well, but it backfires, as well as being extremely funny. Then Seiichiro shows up. Not only is he Yoshitaka’s cousin, but he’s also behind Izumi’s idol contract.

He says he wants to save Izumi from Yoshitaka and Izumi calls him her “prince” (yuk!) and is all ready to go with him, but Mitsuki comes up with one of her silly contests. She’d like Yoshitaka to win, but Seiichiro beats him every time and Izumi starts to become suspicious of him. I like that in one of the contests, Seiichiro’s idea of a perfect maid looks strangely like Mahoro - lol. Izumi’s fears are realized when he admits to being everything Yoshitaka is, including a cross dresser! Mitsuki thinks this makes him more amusing than Yoshitaka and lets him win. The girls leave with him, but when Mitsuki checks the photos for that day, she sees how sad Izumi is. She is even crying in one of the pictures. I wonder how this will all turn out?

Episode 11 -

spoiler

It seems as if Yoshitaka is just as lonely without Izumi and Mitsuki. And there was a funny moment when Anna realizes that she is all alone in the house with Yoshitaka and panics because she is “saving” herself for Izumi. But Yoshitaka isn’t even interested and tells her she can leave if she wants to. What???

Izumi still looks depressed although she says she is happy being out of Yoshitaka’s house. Mitsuki looks happy, but maybe only because she gets to dress up Seichirou. Even Pochi is depressed.

When they find out that Yoshitaka is bankrupt, they return to his house to find the possible new owner, Takami there with plans to tear down the house. Nice that Izumi ends up defending Yoshitaka. And another contest! This time, Takami will give Izumi the house if she wins, but if Izumi loses, Takami will take Mitsuki. She has a week to decide. Will she??? She says she won’t, but I have a feeling…:lol: :lol: