In Another World With My Smartphone / Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni

Well the show was in the “so bad it’s good” range. It was weak sauce as both a harem and an Isekai. So take that as you will.

2 Likes

I saw the review and commented over on ANN that this looked like a series that you would expect a sub-only barebone release. However, Funimation dubbed it and I suspect they are putting out the LE to try and recoup their costs.

Mark Gosdin

1 Like

Kind of like a odd glowing light in a long abandoned building . The bad reviews make me want to check out more then run screaming into the night .

2 Likes

Same here. The review implied that Funi took liberties with the dub, which could give it some bonus points.

I’m reminded of the old rule of thumb for action films: if the (mainstream) reviewers hated it, it’s worth seeing.

…also I’ve seen Isekai Smartphone heavily meme’d, so there’s that. Plus, if it enters into “so bad it’s good” then it could help fill the void left by KonoSuba being “MIA”.

1 Like

2021-07-14T16:00:00Z

1 Like

The Devil is a part timer took what, 8 years?

2 Likes

The answer is yes (unfortunately, although YMMV))

In Another World With My Smartphone Anime Gets 2nd Season

posted on 2022-04-15 05:46 EDT by Crystalyn Hodgkins
1st season of anime based on light novel series premiered in 2017

In Another World with My Smartphone Main VAs Share Messages of Joy about Anime Season 2

April 15, 2022 9:37pm CDT
All but one of the main cast members will return

4 Likes

2022-06-23T23:00:00Z

In Another World With My Smartphone Season 2 Rings Up New Cast and Staff for Spring 2023

July 22, 2022 4:13am CDT
Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? team lead a fresh installation

In Another World With My Smartphone 2 TV Anime Teaser Highlights New Heroines

July 25, 2022 6:21am CDT
Adaptation based on isekai fantasy light novel series continues on Japanese TV in the spring of 2023

In Another World With My Smartphone Anime’s 2nd Season Previewed in Video, Visual

posted on 2022-11-25 04:13 EST by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Series premieres in April 2023

You know… I never saw the first season of this one…

Just to give you a hint, the only reason this show got a S2 was due to international streaming and BD sales.

(It’s OK, but I can’t recommend it, because it’s in the so bad it’s good territory)

2 Likes

In Another World With My Smartphone 2 Anime Reveals 2nd Promo Video, April 3 Debut - News - Anime News Network

posted on 2023-02-17 04:30 EST by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Gemstone7 performs opening theme song for sequel series

1 Like

Crunchyroll Announces In Another World with My Smartphone 2 to Spring 2023 Anime Season Lineup! (3/30)

March 30, 2023 11:00am CDT

In Another World With My Smartphone 2 | OFFICIAL TRAILER

In Another World With My Smartphone Season 2 - The Spring 2023 Anime Preview Guide - Anime News Network

Apr 3rd 2023

1 Like

Here’s the abridged version of season 1:

2 Likes

In Another World With My Smartphone Season 2 English Dub Reveals Cast & Crew, Release Date

April 13, 2023 4:08pm CDT
The first episode arrives on Crunchyroll on Monday

Interesting about the recasts…

Bryson Baugus replaces Josh Grelle as Touya
Celeste Perez replaces Felicia Angele as Yumina

1 Like

Just watched the first episode of season 1, dubbed.

Spoilers!

I must say, Touya is very on the unbuttered roll side of character personality…

However, the dub rewrites are great for a good mindless laugh:

God in sub, abridged: “I dropped some lightning and didn’t think there’d be anyone where it fell.”

God in dub, abridged: “It’s been a couple weeks since I last accidentally killed someone with lightning.”

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I just hope the second season dub keeps this style humor…